ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 445 of 3903
« First < 345395435441442443444445 4464474484494554955459451445 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
China's suppression of the existence outbreak absolutely reflects poorly on them.

But when experts world wide started sounding the alarm mid January and early February they were mostly ignored.

I think history will judge America's initial head in the sand response harshly.
A handful of leading scientists did say "y'know guys - things are looking a little weird in China..." and the entire world said "yeah, but you gotta give me more to go with here before we hit the big red button..."

Because of course that's what governments did. That's what they SHOULD do.

Now if you take those handful of leading scientists and then have China standing behind them going "HOLY SHIT!!! WE REALLY FUCKED THIS UP AND LET US SHOW YOU HOW!!!"

I suspect the reaction would be far different.

Do not for one second even contemplate giving China a pass for this. The global response to this thing should be little more than a post-script at the back of the novel on the staggering incompetence and mendacity of China.

All nations reacted similarly because they weren't given the corroborating evidence necessary to justify aggressive response. And they weren't given that evidence because China is a lying shithole run by duplicitous murderers.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:39 PM 03-18-2020
China's suppression of the existence outbreak absolutely reflects poorly on them.

But when experts world wide started sounding the alarm mid January and early February they were mostly ignored.

I think history will judge America's initial head in the sand response harshly.
Not an excuse - but most governments in the world are going to be judged quite harshly on this.

Italy, the U.K., and the U.S. all followed the same playbook on this and we are all feeling the impact.

Soko, Taiwan and Hong Kong so far look like they’ll be judged much better - but it should be no surprise that they all had to deal directly with SARS 17 years ago. Sadly, many countries need that first experience before taking threats like this more seriously.
[Reply]
O.city 10:39 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I got so mad today I walked out of a meeting with "I didn't walk in here today to listen to a fat man cry..."

(spoiler tags added as it's long and almost entirely irrelevant in a thread that shouldn't be cluttered with long and irrelevant. My bad, fellas)

Spoiler!
Yeah that sucks. I’m hopeful this doesn’t end up being the fortune tellers doom s d gloom thing they’re portraying

I’m not seeing normal schedule for a week or two because the American dental association kind of hung us all out to dry and put out a statement of what they “recommend” nationwide. So I’ll abide.

But patients are scheduling and need treatment done. I run a clean ass sterile operation and I’ve added as much protection to everyone as I can without a full fledged negative pressure chamber.

So after this little time off I’m going back to work if patients want to be seen
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:51 PM 03-18-2020
Was there some moment in time that people decided scientists weren't worth having around?.
I can’t respond to this without political points. Just letting you know I didn’t ignore the post.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:55 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I can’t respond to this without political points. Just letting you know I didn’t ignore the post.
Not even to agree that the NEA is a waste of carbon?

Sadly, I can also not respond to your non-response with an attempt to speak to the concepts of termination vs. reassignment without also raising political points...so I won't.

But I believe the nation writ large absolutely understands the value of a thriving scientific community.

What I really hope it teaches people is the value of a domestic supply chain. Jesus Christ.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:11 PM 03-18-2020
Not even to agree that the NEA is a waste of carbon?.
my non-response due to this being an apolitical thread was to address society’s value of science. Nothing to do with the NEA.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:16 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
my non-response due to this being an apolitical thread was to address society’s value of science. Nothing to do with the NEA.
Well even if a dress makes my wife's ass look big, keeping that information to myself isn't gonna stop me from telling her that it makes her tits look great.

A sensitive subject does not cut off all lines of dialogue...
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 11:18 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by BIG_DADDY:
Yea it’s America’s fault. History according China/CNN.
America's response is 100% on America.

Go back and read the first 10 pages of this thread. Its ugly.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:25 PM 03-18-2020
Well even if a dress makes my wife's ass look big, keeping that information to myself isn't gonna stop me from telling her that it makes her tits look great.

A sensitive subject does not cut off all lines of dialogue...
Sorry man, I've already been warned. I have to let this conversation go.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:28 PM 03-18-2020
Was there some moment in time that people decided scientists weren't worth having around?

I mean...apart from the people that are going to forget about them within 3 months of all this petering out because some random Kardashian got another television show?

I mean, vapid and shallow cretins have always existed and will always exist. But nearly all reasonably informed people understand the value of scientists.

It's the arts we think should be shot into the sun. Stupid NEA.
Unfortunately, there are a lot of anti-science folks out there who seem to have no concept of what science provides us on a daily basis.
[Reply]
eDave 11:31 PM 03-18-2020
Yea, BRC has two strikes. But I'm enjoying the non political political comments.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:35 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of anti-science folks out there who seem to have no concept of what science provides us on a daily basis.
There are a lot of non-football folks out there who seem to have no concept of what Patrick Mahomes provides us but football is still the most popular sport in America.

Just sayin' that there's some awfully wide strokes being painted here...

I mean...is that line about judging our friends by their best intentions and our opponents by their worst examples too political for this thread? Because it seems to apply.

Yeah, there are some bad apples out there who think the world is flat and book learnin' is for sissies. But I've always been of the belief that anyone who says "I'm not book smart but I'm street smart" is probably just kinda stupid.

So it is what it is.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:37 PM 03-18-2020
America's response is 100% on America.

Go back and read the first 10 pages of this thread. Its ugly.
Nope, you have to look at the timeline of what China did with this thing. No one really saw it coming.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 11:37 PM 03-18-2020
are we allowed to post host plans in here or do I need to move this to DC

This #COVID19 proposal out of the house financial committee is really good:

- 2k/month per person every month of the crisis
- suspension of all mortgages, student loans, credit card and loan payments
- prohibit debt collection and repossession
- $5b in homeless assistance pic.twitter.com/qX5IOwHWnS

— Max Berger (@maxberger) March 19, 2020

[Reply]
DaFace 11:40 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
are we allowed to post host plans in here or do I need to move this to DC

This #COVID19 proposal out of the house financial committee is really good: - 2k/month per person every month of the crisis - suspension of all mortgages, student loans, credit card and loan payments- prohibit debt collection and repossession - $5b in homeless assistance pic.twitter.com/qX5IOwHWnS— Max Berger (@maxberger) March 19, 2020
Factual information is fine. Just don't go crazy debating whether it's a good proposal or not.
[Reply]
Page 445 of 3903
« First < 345395435441442443444445 4464474484494554955459451445 > Last »
Up