ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 45
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 NFL Combine Thread***
RunKC 09:20 AM 02-24-2020
It’s that time again. Post any news, rumors and prospect info.

2020 On-Field Workout Schedule
•Thursday, Feb 27. 4-11PM ET. TE, QB, WR. Tight ends, quarterbacks and wide receivers take the field for the first day of on-field workouts
•Friday, Feb 28. 4-11PM ET. PK, ST, OL, RB
•Saturday, Feb 29. 4-11PM ET. DL, LB
•Sunday, Mar 1. 2-7PM ET. DB.

Measurements are beginning now. Mods feel free please post the twitter feed in the OP
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:18 PM 02-25-2020
Hardman is training with Dez in the offseason. Hardman will improve a lot
[Reply]
staylor26 05:18 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Yes, precisely

I'm not totally counting Hardman out, but I also personally don't think he can just be handed a larger role. Late in the season he wasn't good for much more than a deep route or gadget play. He still doesn't seem to have the full route tree at his disposal.
You realize that Hardman was buried on the depth chart, right?

How is Hardman supposed to outperform those guys when he has to compete with Tyreek, Kelce, Watkins, and even Williams for targets/touches?
[Reply]
RunKC 05:27 PM 02-25-2020
Similar at first glance, but he had nearly double the total receptions. Mecole Hardman was a decent deep threat but not much else.

I don't get why people are so defensive of him. I'm just saying he's not proven enough to be trusted without question in a bigger role. We still need competition and depth in case he isn't ready to step up. I felt Hill was ready for bigger and better things after his rookie year. I don't quite have that same level of trust in Hardman yet. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I'd be in favor of hedging our bet at the position by adding another WR high in the draft.
Tyreek wasn’t a rookie with 2 awesome WR’s and TE in front of him taking receptions away, not to mention a 4th year WR who knew the system.

He didn’t run many routes at Georgia but he’s still only 21 and only played WR 2 years before the pros. He will have all offseason to get better working with these guys and I’m sure he’s learned a lot already.

Hardman has 6 receiving TD’s as a rookie with all those other veteran weapons in front of him taking targets away from him. That pretty damn good.

He’ll get better with more time
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:28 PM 02-25-2020
Similar at first glance, but he had nearly double the total receptions. Mecole Hardman was a decent deep threat but not much else.

I don't get why people are so defensive of him. I'm just saying he's not proven enough to be trusted without question in a bigger role. We still need competition and depth in case he isn't ready to step up. I felt Hill was ready for bigger and better things after his rookie year. I don't quite have that same level of trust in Hardman yet. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but I'd be in favor of hedging our bet at the position by adding another WR high in the draft.
Not sure how smart he is - seemed pretty smart in the few interviews I heard - but if he's the least bit intelligent he'll be Mahomes's shadow this entire offseason. He's the guy I'm counting on to improve the most from this last season to next season. He's got a tremendous opportunity and he needs to take full advantage of it. The decisions he makes over the next few months could set him up for life.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 05:38 PM 02-25-2020
I truly hope I'm wrong in my criticism of Hardman. I liked the progress I saw from Saunders and Thornhill through the year, I just would have liked to see more from Hardman late in the season. Perhaps he was buried on the depth chart and that's the sole reason for his lack of production. That's the conundrum the coaches have, do they let Robinson and Watkins walk and trust that Hardman can adequately replace their production or do they spend additional capital high in the draft in case he's still not ready?
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 05:46 PM 02-25-2020
Except for a stupid off-sides penalty we could've won the Super Bowl with our 2018 defense and they were a hot freaking mess. I'd love to grab a stud CB or LB, but when you have a once-in-a-lifetime QB you don't Aaron Rodgers him. You give him weapons and win more than one championship. Like someone said earlier, what happens if Hill gets hurt again and you don't have Sammy and DRob?

Best player available, and if that happens to be one of the stud WRs dropping to us, all the better. That would be the rest of the league's worst nightmare.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:57 PM 02-25-2020
Having Hardman and another guy like Aiyuk on rookie deals for the next 3-5 years would be HUGE.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:01 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Having Hardman and another guy like Aiyuk on rookie deals for the next 3-5 years would be HUGE.
Can’t wait until Thursday. I bet there will a lot of guys running under 4.4
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:09 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I like Aiyuk too. I went to school at ASU so I always follow them. Under-valued and also returns punts and kickoffs. Hands can be a little shaky, but he gets much better separation than N'keal Harry ever did.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 06:37 PM 02-25-2020

Hardman was a bit raw and still caught 6 touchdowns. Hes going to be Antonio Brown good as he continues to develop.
[Reply]
Skyy God 06:45 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Everyday I am grateful that Dave Gettleman is not our GM.
Gettleman has run 7 drafts and never traded down once.

Also. https://www.google.com/amp/s/deadspi...1825600773/amp
[Reply]
staylor26 07:09 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
I like Aiyuk too. I went to school at ASU so I always follow them. Under-valued and also returns punts and kickoffs. Hands can be a little shaky, but he gets much better separation than N'keal Harry ever did.
He’s the perfect fit if we’re going WR in round 1.

Hr has the speed, YAC ability, and long arms that give him one hell of a catch radius.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:13 PM 02-25-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hardman was a bit raw and still caught 6 touchdowns. Hes going to be Antonio Brown good as he continues to develop.
That's a weird comparison. The two are nothing alike.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:17 PM 02-25-2020
Yes, precisely

I'm not totally counting Hardman out, but I also personally don't think he can just be handed a larger role. Late in the season he wasn't good for much more than a deep route or gadget play. He still doesn't seem to have the full route tree at his disposal.
How is Metcalf’s route tree?
[Reply]
MahiMike 07:18 PM 02-25-2020
So glad we're not picking early. There's a lot of busts in the top 10. Burrow and his tiny Trump hands, tiny Tua, chase Young, etc.

Pressure is off. We're basically in the 2nd round.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 45
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up