ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Selling a house
Bugeater 01:28 AM 02-07-2019
Is fucking maddening. It's nothing but a goddamn string of useless fucking people with their hands out wanting money.

Seller's agent: Try to get you to underprice your home for a quick, easy sale. Not good at keeping you informed.

Buyers agent: Sit around and wait for a buyer to find something they like online, and go unlock a fucking door for them.

Home inspectors: Biggest fucking sham ever. OH WE PROTECT THE BUYER. Yeah just the dumbass lazy buyers who aren't capable of walking around a house and spotting obvious defects on their own. Mostly a way to extort more money from the seller after a deal has been made.

And the closing costs...title fee escrow fee tax stamp blah blah blah what in the earthly fuck is all this shit?

$205,000 house....$25,000 just GONE off the top.

Hopefully I'll die in the next house we buy so I don't ever have to go through this shit again.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:15 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
We're looking at moving to Cheyenne, and it's about the same way there. If we see something we really like we almost have to put in an offer without looking at it, which I am not comfortable with for obvious reasons. We're going out there this weekend to look at a few but I have no idea if they'll still be available by then. It's certainly not making this process any easier.
we lost out on one killer house; we were one of 2 offers still in the running. we countered; then the other buy countered and said they would be willing to give more $ than us, AND be willing to accept the house as-is / no inspection. even though the listing was not listed as As-is etc. That was one house that came on the market Friday at noon, we viewed it Friday at 5pm and it had probably 15 people walking through it. we offered, and there was 8 offers on the table by 6pm.

fucking insanity.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:19 AM 02-07-2019
I think when I'm ready to move again in the future, maybe 10 years, I'll probably just burn it down. it'll be easier that way.
[Reply]
2112 11:22 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I think when I'm ready to move again in the future, maybe 10 years, I'll probably just burn it down. it'll be easier that way.
Lol I was think about that too. Just collect the insurance and no headaches
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:24 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by D2112:
Lol I was think about that too. Just collect the insurance and no headaches
If you call prison no headaches.
[Reply]
HemiEd 11:25 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
My hometown in MO had a "city sticker" when I was a kid. I think it was $5 back in the late 1960s. I don't recall when it went away, but it was gone by 1980.
Sounds like they wised up or the citizens objected.

When you would bring it up to anyone that grew up there, they would just look at you funny, as it was normal to them.
[Reply]
2112 11:26 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
If you call prison no headaches.
I was thinking about if it burned down, not setting it on fire. I fucked that up. Thanks for setting me straight pig man
[Reply]
notorious 11:26 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
The local realtor here will do the contract for a flat rate. I want to say $1500 or something. Don't quote me on that.

They have some liability there, but that's as fair as anything. I'd guess if you had a lawyer do it would be just as much.
Thanks buddy! I can do the sale, which is easy for me, and let the lawyer/realtor do the law side.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:29 AM 02-07-2019
Turn that crib into a meth lab an you'll have buyers lined up around the block.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:30 AM 02-07-2019
I seriously don't know how those "house hunters' shows are so popular. I mean, are there people out there who actually enjoy buying a house and moving?

It was fun for us for about the 1st two weeks in April. By September, we were so sick of looking at houses (online and in person) that it was hard to even look at a house objectively. was I wanting to offer on a particular house because I wanted it. Or, offering on it because I wanted the nightmare to end? lol.

it all worked out in the end. I really like the house we're in . But holy shit......
it was a horrible experience. Just......horrible.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:38 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Thanks buddy! I can do the sale, which is easy for me, and let the lawyer/realtor do the law side.
If you can’t find someone local let me know I’ll get you the number for the folks up here.
[Reply]
RedRaider56 11:39 AM 02-07-2019
We're going to be downsizing in a couple of years (at least that is my thought. not so sure my wife is bought into it yet)

I am not looking forward to going through the whole process again. I told my wife, we're going to find 10 acres somewhere and put a double wide on it. Life will be good.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:39 AM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
And make sure you have 20% to put down when you buy, because after the bank tells you they'll give you far more than you want or can actually afford on a house, they need to cover their own ass with PMI.
We're walking away with $160k, next house will be $260k max...I think we're good.
[Reply]
Bugeater 11:43 AM 02-07-2019
I seriously don't know how those "house hunters' shows are so popular. I mean, are there people out there who actually enjoy buying a house and moving?

It was fun for us for about the 1st two weeks in April. By September, we were so sick of looking at houses (online and in person) that it was hard to even look at a house objectively. was I wanting to offer on a particular house because I wanted it. Or, offering on it because I wanted the nightmare to end? lol.

it all worked out in the end. I really like the house we're in . But holy shit......
it was a horrible experience. Just......horrible.
It starts out fun when you're thinking about it, but once you're into it you realize it for the hell it is. Same thing whenever I decide I want a new vehicle, I start out excited about it, start looking around, and after a week or so of sifting through overpriced junk, or "it's already sold" or idiots that don't respond to ads likely because they sold it but never bothered to take the fucking ads down and so forth, I am ready to kill someone.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:43 AM 02-07-2019

We offered on once house 5% over asking, and it eneded up selling/closing for 23% OVER asking price. and our offer was in the rough alingnment with what other homes were selling at / appraisal ballpark.

awful experience. If I never have to move/sell/buy again, it'll be too soon.
I have one for you....happened about 30 years ago when the wife and I were still living in the KC area.

We saw a nice little house we were wanting to buy....had a buyer for our house and we were closing in 30 days.

We made a bid on a house and found out there was another bidder. We offered 5% above asking because it was worth it and in a neighborhood we wanted to be in.

In the end we lost to the other bidder because he offered 15% over list. That part didn't upset me...some you win some you lose.

What pissed me off was the gall of the guy to call me the next day to ask me if I wanted to buy it from him on a lease-to-own option.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:05 PM 02-07-2019
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
We're walking away with $160k, next house will be $260k max...I think we're good.
I was mostly just venting, but yeah that's pretty awesome.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 13
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up