ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4283 of 4820
« First < 3283378341834233427342794280428142824283 42844285428642874293433343834783 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Broncos news megathread
ROYC75 04:26 PM 08-12-2014
Discussion: All things Broncos.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:02 PM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Len Dawson has two seasons with more TD passes than any of Elway's seasons. And he did that in 14-game seasons.

Garcia: Reeeeeeeeeeeves!!!!!!!
I'll say this about Reeves, he played very conservative early in games, that's a fact and John was not used as he should have been. Reeves has also never coached in a SB where the opposing QB wasn't the MVP. It's well documented that he did not prep his teams adequately for those SB trips in Denver or Atlanta.

Those 80s Broncos' teams (much like the Bills) ran into some badass NFC teams. Now, that Redskins loss vs Doug and Timmy Smith. Good lord, that was a mess. Hell, all 3 of those 80s SBs and the one vs SEA (Manning).... those are just complete bags of hell.

The NFC was dominant though, they won 13 straight SBs from the mid 80s to mid 90s.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:07 PM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco:
LOL...Elway is always in the top ten by most measures and opinions and typically top 5 in most publications of note. And Denver always has two QBs in the top ten. Chiefs have 1 too if you want to count Joe Montana, but Lin kinda puts the lid on that. Even Patrick Mahomes has Elway in his top 5.
Mahomes was like 3 years old when Elway retired. What happened to "you had to see him?" :-)

Elway's in a lot of top 10 lists, but I rarely see him in the top 5.

#9 on NFL.com. #7 on Sportsnaut. Pro Football Network has him outside the top 10. #7 on Bleacher Report. SI has him at #6 (behind Graham and Unitas btw). #6 by USA Today and ESPN. Yahoo Sports has a top 5 list with no Elway.

Only publication I've seen that ranked him in the top 5 was Athlon (#5).

Your "obviously top 5" claim doesn't seem to be shared outside of Denver.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:09 PM 07-07-2023
Then yo weren't looking at reputable known publications.
Like?
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 02:14 PM 07-07-2023
Hey, here's a solid one... https://medium.com/top-level-sports/...e-cb65a76e03f7
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:40 PM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Hey, here's a solid one... https://medium.com/top-level-sports/...e-cb65a76e03f7
Ahhh, a random blogger with 86 followers. So that's what he's referring to by reputable publications. :-)
[Reply]
kcgreene 02:50 PM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
I think the person who wrote this was high... or has never watched football. He has Cam Newton in the Top 30 QBs ever, Philip Rivers above Bart Starr, Russell Wilson above Jim Kelly, and Troy Aikman 6th. Of course he'd have Elway at number one with a complete lack of rationale like that :-)

Love the good humor there
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 05:48 PM 07-07-2023
Which QB ended the NFC's 13 year run of winning the Super Bowl? Wasn't Jim Kelly despite 4 straight attempts. Wasn't Dan Marino. Wasn't Tony Eason or Todd Blackledge. Wasn't Warren Moon. Wasn't Boomer. Wasn't SD Stan, Bledsoe, or O'Donnell. Who was it?
Terrell Davis did.

Look some QB's carry their teams in the SB.

Trent Dilfer was carried by Ray Lewis and the rest of that defense.

Elway had some good comebacks and he's certainly among the greatest. But he didn't carry that team.

In fact if I recall correctly, the Broncos offense stalled out that game when Terrell went to the sideline because he forgot to take his migraine medication and didn't get back in gear until he returned in the second half after his medication kicked in.
[Reply]
New World Order 05:53 PM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
Terrell Davis did.

Look some QB's carry their teams in the SB.

Trent Dilfer was carried by Ray Lewis and the rest of that defense.

Elway had some good comebacks and he's certainly among the greatest. But he didn't carry that team.

In fact if I recall correctly, the Broncos offense stalled out that game when Terrell went to the sideline because he forgot to take his migraine medication and didn't get back in gear until he returned in the second half after his medication kicked in.
He Trent Dilfer'd that team to it's first SB.

3 td/2 int 181 ypg.

Yuck
[Reply]
tredadda 07:45 PM 07-07-2023
Graham Marino Brees Unitas Rogers and Favre were not better than Elway. For goodness sake Brett favre lost to Elway in the Super Bowl.

I get it. you guys don't like Elway cuz he spent the better part of 16 years ripping your heart out and knocked you out of the playoffs in your home stadium.
Marino, Unitas, and Rodgers are better though. Sure it can be argued regarding Brees and Graham. I don't think beating Favre in the SB puts Elway over him unless you want to start looking at the QBs that beat Elway. Heck even Mahomes is better than Elway and he's not eve 29 yet. Elway is Top 10, but zero chance he is Top 5 and if you take off your orange colored shades you would see that.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 07:54 PM 07-07-2023
Just wanted to stop by and say f*** the Broncos.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:02 PM 07-07-2023
Which QB ended the NFC's 13 year run of winning the Super Bowl? Wasn't Jim Kelly despite 4 straight attempts. Wasn't Dan Marino. Wasn't Tony Eason or Todd Blackledge. Wasn't Warren Moon. Wasn't Boomer. Wasn't SD Stan, Bledsoe, or O'Donnell. Who was it?
Actually the salary cap had more to do with ending the NFCs dominance than Elway.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:10 PM 07-07-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:
You're dead wrong. Most publications do not put him in top 5. A simple search will show u that. Top 10 - Yes. Top 5 - no. Is he still great? Yes. Top 10 is great. He's just not as great as u think he is.
I bet that publications listing him anywhere in that range are relying on young people who just look at his longevity stats. He was in a starting position for a long time, so he accumulated some raw stats.

That's also how Charlie Joiner and Art Monk and John Riggins are in the Hall of Fame. Tell me about their most dominant seasons. Talk to me about their iconic plays. They may have plays here or there, but for the most part they were guys who managed to hold onto a starting job for long enough to accumulate big numbers.

elway is the same player. He was a guy who hung on in the league for a long time, was never one of the dominant players, and you could count on him to not show up in the postseason. The "legend" of elway is one long drive against Cleveland in an overtime game where he threw for a total of 244 yards. Well, let's talk about the legend of Chad Henne's drive against Jacksonville. That's way more impressive considering that Chad did it coming off the bench cold.

I'll admit to disliking him primarily because he tried to destroy the sport of football, but even setting aside his absolute treachery to the sport I love, he's not in my top 50 quarterbacks of all time base on his on-field mediocrity.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:15 PM 07-07-2023
You don't win a title in 97 without a complete ref screw job at Arrowhead admit it...huge asterisk
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:23 PM 07-07-2023
LOL...Elway is always in the top ten by most measures and opinions and typically top 5 in most publications of note. And Denver always has two QBs in the top ten. Chiefs have 1 too if you want to count Joe Montana, but Lin kinda puts the lid on that. Even Patrick Mahomes has Elway in his top 5.
Please post these top ten lists that have Elfraud in their top 5. You're so insistent that most lists have him in the top 5. Well, put the issue to rest by posting proof
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 04:48 AM 07-08-2023
It's absolutely true. I remember Priest Holmes getting more than 300 all-purpose yards in a single game. A great achievement. The Chiefs lost that game. I'd bet you don't even remember it on your own. Why? Because it didn't matter because the Chiefs lost.

November 24, 2002

Seahawks 39, Chiefs 32

23 rush attempts, 197 rushing yards, 2 rushing touchdowns; 7 receptions, 110 receiving yards, 1 receiving touchdown, BFD
I had him and Alexander in fantasy so if course I remember. What a day
[Reply]
Page 4283 of 4820
« First < 3283378341834233427342794280428142824283 42844285428642874293433343834783 > Last »
Up