ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 280 of 288
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:25 AM 12-16-2023
I enjoyed LtWB

Sure I get some of the chatter

It has the helpless-without-his-smartphone white husband and dad

The angry at everyone, judgmental white Karen wife and mom who has an underlying touch of jungle fever when in the presence of a strong, intelligent, capable black male

Doofus teenage white son

Traditional white little sis no one listens to

Strong, intelligent, capable black male

Strong, sassy yet vulnerable black daughter

White doomsday prepper who'll pull a shotgun on anyone at anytime to defend what's his

But none of those are inaccurate portrayals in society so unless you're super insecure about yourself its just a regular ol movie. I appreciated the filming style and the score. I thought the ending was well done.

Plus they had me at Misled by Kool & The Gang early in movie. That song is fire (she's as heavy as a Chevy :-))

[Reply]
ModSocks 02:31 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
Anybody seen "Leave the World Behind" yet? It's popping up on a bunch of social media and such. Kind of a believable doomsday scenario.
Fucking terrible movie. Ending was garbage. 2-hour and 20 min run time and THAT was the payoff at the end? 2hour snooze fest. Kevin Bacon got like 10 minutes of screen time. The ship running ashore was the only interesting thing to happen in this movie.
[Reply]
Cheater5 09:17 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
I enjoyed LtWB

Sure I get some of the chatter

It has the helpless-without-his-smartphone white husband and dad

The angry at everyone, judgmental white Karen wife and mom who has an underlying touch of jungle fever when in the presence of a strong, intelligent, capable black male

Doofus teenage white son

Traditional white little sis no one listens to

Strong, intelligent, capable black male

Strong, sassy yet vulnerable black daughter

White doomsday prepper who'll pull a shotgun on anyone at anytime to defend what's his

But none of those are inaccurate portrayals in society so unless you're super insecure about yourself its just a regular ol movie. I appreciated the filming style and the score. I thought the ending was well done.

Plus they had me at Misled by Kool & The Gang early in movie. That song is fire (she's as heavy as a Chevy :-))

None of those were inaccurate portrayals? Lol. K. Agree to disagree. This movie was a disappointment— but anymore I find most are poorly written and insultingly dumb.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:32 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This looks like it could be really interesting.

Ok, that is original and AWESOME!
[Reply]
Stryker 09:35 PM 12-20-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
This should rile up the nutters...

Ok, HOLY SHIT! Looks AWESOME!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:50 AM 12-21-2023
Finally saw "The Postman" after 26 years.

Loved every second of it.

Was it perfect? No. A lot of cheese. But a lot of heart, and you can't beat that final shot.

:-)

Also, David Brin's take on it will leave you happy it was made the way it was made. It could have been a LOT worse. There's also a fun site about the novel's backstory that's interesting to read.

And as a FORMER postman, it definitely hit me right in the feels.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:09 AM 12-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJay23:
It's a good movie in that it's got some good acting and lots of doomsday eye candy. It kept our attention throughout, which what else can you ask of a movie nowadays? I liked the ending, girlfriend did not.
Just watch "The Day After." It's a fairly realistic end-of-it-all flick that may not have held up as far as special effects or stock film go but the setting and story hit home.
[Reply]
BigRichard 06:10 AM 12-24-2023
Just watched The Iron Claw last night. Pretty good movie but nothing out of this world or anything. Solid 7/10 I would say. It seems like they glossed over some of the story after reading up on it. I probably watched some of their matches when I was a kid but don't remember the story at all. Very tragic for the family.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:42 AM 12-24-2023
Blue Beetle on Max

I thought this was supposed to be pretty decent. There's no reason to watch it for the super hero part, you've seen it before.

It's got a nice family dynamic. Between that and the campy humor that misses a bunch.. it really feels like a movie where the main characters should be 10-12 year olds. I thought it was pretty cruddy if you're watching as an adult for adults.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:23 AM 12-24-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Was it perfect? No. A lot of cheese. But a lot of heart, and you can't beat that final shot.

Also, David Brin's take on it will leave you happy it was made the way it was made. It could have been a LOT worse. There's also a fun site about the novel's backstory that's interesting to read.

The Postman always got a bad rap. Much like Solo paying the price for Last Jedi, it got savaged by critics still angry over Waterworld, which truly did suck. Also, I think people were expecting radioactive zombies and mutated monsters, and Postman was a realistic portrayal of how a post-nuclear war society might actually function and had no sci-fi/fantasy elements.

I saw it in theater and enjoyed it. It wasn't great, but it was good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:33 PM 12-24-2023
Wow. Oliver Stone's JFK was fucking amazing. Amazingly well shot, too, and great score. Costner squoze some tears out of me at the end.

No doubt that the CIA took out Kennedy. Back and to the left. That shot could only have come from the fence.

Gonna have to watch Nixon and W. now.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:11 PM 12-24-2023
Wow. Oliver Stone's JFK was fucking amazing. Amazingly well shot, too, and great score. Costner squoze some tears out of me at the end.

No doubt that the CIA took out Kennedy. Back and to the left. That shot could only have come from the fence.

Gonna have to watch Nixon and W. now.
Gary Oldman looked just like Lee Harvey Oswald.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:00 PM 12-24-2023
Also the analysis of the photo on LIFE was quite interesting. No question that photo is fake.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:53 PM 12-24-2023

That was a very good movie. Glad you finally got around to seeing it.
[Reply]
Stryker 07:56 PM 12-24-2023
Speaking of which, I got up early this a.m. before in-laws coming over for Christmas and watched "Beverly Hills Cop". Had not seen that movie in forever! Guess I needed a freshen up so I can look forward to the new one coming out next year on Netflix. Fun watch as I had remembered. :-)
[Reply]
Page 280 of 288
« First < 180230270276277278279280 281282283284 > Last »
Up