ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 620 of 3903
« First < 120520570610616617618619620 62162262362463067072011201620 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Donger 01:07 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Unfortunately, that's nothing compared to where I live. The lines here have been more than a mile long and there are long lines outside of supermarkets.
Is it any different up north (e.g., Bakersfield) or east (e.g., Palm Springs/Coachella)?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:07 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i'm sure the midwest will get there
I really hope that it doesn't
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:09 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Is it any different up north (e.g., Bakersfield) or east (e.g., Palm Springs/Coachella)?
I honestly don't know. I have a friend that owns a rental property in Palm Springs and it's been all but shut down. He took a major hit when Coachella was cancelled and hasn't been out there since.

Bakersfield might as well be Dallas in terms of me knowing anything about their situation but I've checked in with people further inland and they it's very similar to what we're seeing here in Hollywood.

I have a close friend up in Porter Ranch/Valencia area and it's the same as here, although some of the Halal markets have meat, something I can't really find anywhere here.
[Reply]
loochy 01:10 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
i weep for the coasts

i'm sure the midwest will get there
Population density suggests that it wont (except for a few choice areas, of course)
[Reply]
Donger 01:12 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I honestly don't know. I have a friend that owns a rental property in Palm Springs and it's been all but shut down. He took a major hit when Coachella was cancelled and hasn't been out there since.

Bakersfield might as well be Dallas in terms of me knowing anything about their situation but I've checked in with people further inland and they it's very similar to what we're seeing here in Hollywood.

I have a close friend up in Porter Ranch/Valencia area and it's the same as here, although some of the Halal markets have meat, something I can't really find anywhere here.
Well, logic would have said that the farther you get away from high density populations, the better your chances. Now, who knows. Heck, I'd drive to El Centro with a few coolers.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:12 PM 03-22-2020
Man I'd HATE being crammed into a major coastal metro like LA right now, gives me the heebies just imagining it... stay safe and batten down the hatches, Dane
[Reply]
nychief 01:13 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
How many states have issued “Stay at Home” orders?

New York
California
Washington

Has anymore been added by Governor’s?
Ohio and Illinois.
[Reply]
Donger 01:13 PM 03-22-2020
Louisiana sees a jump of 258 cases.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:13 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Father in Law is in Indio (near Palm Springs)
Said the stores are pretty bare. Some lines.

We keep telling him not to go out. Let his son do that.
They have houses in the same development.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:14 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Man I'd HATE being crammed into a major coastal metro like LA right now, gives me the heebies just imagining it... stay safe and batten down the hatches, Dane
Thanks, Brother! I've gone out three times in the past 10 days and really outside of TP and more hamburger, we should be good for the better part of a month.

I'll follow that up with saying that we do have about 8 pounds of ground turkey, 6 pound of bacon and 4+ pounds of chicken breasts, although I was out at 5 different stores yesterday and forgot to get egg whites for myself.

I've been so caught up in finding items for my children and wife that I've totally forgotten about myself, so I'll need to go out again late this week. :-)
[Reply]
penguinz 01:15 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I would hate being there during healthy times. Was there last June on vacation and it is waaaay too crowded.
[Reply]
stevieray 01:18 PM 03-22-2020
rice and beans
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 01:20 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
More relevant is how many people will have a severe case of COVID-19 that will require hospitalization.
Whatever the infected rate is * 20% will require a hospital bed.

Whatever that number is that is hospitalized * 25% will require a ventilator.

Whatever that number is that requires life support - number of ventilators * 90% = Deaths without ventilators

Number of ventilated patients * 20% = Deaths on ventilators

Deaths without ventilators + deaths with ventilators = Total Deaths

That’s why we have to reduce the number of times this doubles so after the next 10 days (because those numbers are “baked in” to the numbers given transmissions in the early days of the lockdown and cases that had not yet manifested symptoms but were infected) or it gets out of control quickly. There’s nothing that can be done — absent some kind of treatment — that can be done to reduce the doubling in the first couple weeks.

That’s why the huge jump in NYC is alarming and portends thousands of deaths if more ventilators can’t be found.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:20 PM 03-22-2020
Philadelphia said they wouldn’t be locking anyone up and now this.

Now-deleted video uploaded on Instagram this week by user “jaydothemost” purports to show a group of youths in Philadelphia sucker-punching and robbing an individual who appears to be of East Asian descent. Contact @PhillyPolice if you have information. pic.twitter.com/uqo1WC1XIH

— Andy Ngo (@MrAndyNgo) March 21, 2020

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:21 PM 03-22-2020
Is it still "social distancing" if you are separated by boat?

Asking for a friend.

[Reply]
Page 620 of 3903
« First < 120520570610616617618619620 62162262362463067072011201620 > Last »
Up