ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 124 of 3903
« First < 2474114120121122123124 1251261271281341742246241124 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:44 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Right - he's only the head of the NIH. What the hell does he know?
Not saying he doesn't know something, but you seem to be under the impression that telling the public everything is a prudent move for any government.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:44 PM 03-11-2020

NCAA will be played with no fans.
Wait...I have a ticket to the KU game tomorrow. So I can’t go?
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:44 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Which part is excessive?
March Madness with no fans for one.......
[Reply]
SupDock 02:44 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Excessive? What exactly is excessive?
Toilet paper, and stuff . . .
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:44 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Trucking companies aren't going worth a shit right now. Places trying to deliver sensitive documents around town aren't having drivers. My parents came back a week early from Italy so it was going down for real over there.
Don't hug them.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:45 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Why haven't European G-7 countries shut down all domestic and international mass transit?
Eh, give it a couple weeks.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 02:45 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Don't hug them.
I think they would have to acknowledge I exist first LOL
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:45 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Fellas... DC that stuff.
At some point this failure to properly warn people and shut down big gatherings becomes literal life or death for 100s of 1000s of people.

40% of the country still thinks this is just like the flu or NBD. Just go peruse social media.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:45 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
March Madness with no fans for one.......
I think I will trust the experts on this.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:46 PM 03-11-2020

I'm trying not to be political here but this is absolute madness. They're still trying to deny/muzzle everything and hope it goes away.
Where on earth is it 7:19 pm right now, as I quote this at 3:45 central time?
[Reply]
Fish 02:47 PM 03-11-2020
E3 2020 is officially canceled due to coronavirus

The Entertainment Software Association (ESA) confirmed Wednesday that the Electronic Entertainment Expo, North America’s largest video game convention better known as E3, has been officially canceled due to coronavirus.

“After careful consultation with our member companies regarding the health and safety of everyone in our industry – our fans, our employees, our exhibitors and our longtime E3 partners – we have made the difficult decision to cancel E3 2020, scheduled for June 9-11 in Los Angeles,” the ESA wrote in a statement sent to The Washington Post. “Following increased and overwhelming concerns about the COVID-19 virus, we felt this was the best way to proceed during such an unprecedented global situation. We are very disappointed that we are unable to hold this event for our fans and supporters. But we know it’s the right decision based on the information we have today.”
[Reply]
Spott 02:47 PM 03-11-2020

NCAA will be played with no fans.
At least this crap started after the Super Bowl run.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:48 PM 03-11-2020
At some point this failure to properly warn people and shut down big gatherings becomes literal life or death for 100s of 1000s of people.

40% of the country still thinks this is just like the flu or NBD. Just go peruse social media.
It's amazing to think that many people are that stupid.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:48 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Not saying he doesn't know something, but you seem to be under the impression that telling the public everything is a prudent move for any government.
From Italy - whose hospitals are overwhelmed and just had more deaths in a day than China ever had:

Originally Posted by :
"Hi. I'm Italian.
We used to think the same in Italy as well, that this was about "panic manipulation", "just a flu", "smoke screen"....
So people kept acting cool, hanging out, travel, using slogans like "let's support our global economy" etc to cover our lack of sense of community.
Now we are all red area, all of us in quarantine, hospitals about to collapse, the amount of contaged people is doubling every 12 hours, and no more machines and doctors in hospitals for all of us.
Doctors are starting to use the doctors ethic law: first save the ones with more chances of survival, second save the youngest.
Screw the others.
We are way beyond containment.
In Italy, but in the rest of the world as well with 72 countries contaged.
Just be prepared to quarantine when it strikes your country as well, and good luck to all of us.
Read the numbers about Italy, on 9172 contaged people 463 are already dead, 724 healed, the others still fighting.
We fucked up because we underestimated the virus, but we hope we can still serve as bad example and other countries can learn from our failure.
Also from Italy: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/...rus-epicentre/

Originally Posted by :
"After much thought about whether and what to write about what is happening to us, I felt that silence was not responsible.

"I will therefore try to convey to people far from our reality what we are living in Bergamo in these days of Covid-19 pandemic. I understand the need not to create panic, but when the message of the dangerousness of what is happening does not reach people I shudder.

"I myself watched with some amazement the reorganization of the entire hospital in the past week, when our current enemy was still in the shadows: the wards slowly 'emptied', elective activities were interrupted, intensive care were freed up to create as many beds as possible.

"All this rapid transformation brought an atmosphere of silence and surreal emptiness to the corridors of the hospital that we did not yet understand, waiting for a war that was yet to begin and that many (including me) were not so sure would ever come with such ferocity.

"I still remember my night call a week ago when I was waiting for the results of a swab. When I think about it, my anxiety over one possible case seems almost ridiculous and unjustified, now that I've seen what's happening. Well, the situation now is dramatic to say the least.

"The war has literally exploded and battles are uninterrupted day and night. But now that need for beds has arrived in all its drama. One after the other the departments that had been emptied fill up at an impressive pace.

"The boards with the names of the patients, of different colours depending on the operating unit, are now all red and instead of surgery you see the diagnosis, which is always the damned same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia.

"Now, explain to me which flu virus causes such a rapid drama. [post continues comparing Covid19 to flu, link here]. And while there are still people who boast of not being afraid by ignoring directions, protesting because their normal routine is 'temporarily' put in crisis, the epidemiological disaster is taking place. And there are no more surgeons, urologists, orthopedists, we are only doctors who suddenly become part of a single team to face this tsunami that has overwhelmed us.

"Cases are multiplying, we arrive at a rate of 15-20 admissions per day all for the same reason. The results of the swabs now come one after the other: positive, positive, positive. Suddenly the E.R. is collapsing.

"Reasons for the access always the same: fever and breathing difficulties, fever and cough, respiratory failure. Radiology reports always the same: bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia, bilateral interstitial pneumonia. All to be hospitalized.

"Someone already to be intubated and go to intensive care. For others it's too late... Every ventilator becomes like gold: those in operating theatres that have now suspended their non-urgent activity become intensive care places that did not exist before.

"The staff is exhausted. I saw the tiredness on faces that didn't know what it was despite the already exhausting workloads they had. I saw a solidarity of all of us, who never failed to go to our internist colleagues to ask, 'What can I do for you now?'

"Doctors who move beds and transfer patients, who administer therapies instead of nurses. Nurses with tears in their eyes because we can't save everyone, and the vital parameters of several patients at the same time reveal an already marked destiny.

"There are no more shifts, no more hours. Social life is suspended for us. We no longer see our families for fear of infecting them. Some of us have already become infected despite the protocols.

"Some of our colleagues who are infected also have infected relatives and some of their relatives are already struggling between life and death. So be patient, you can't go to the theatre, museums or the gym. Try to have pity on the myriad of old people you could exterminate.

"We just try to make ourselves useful. You should do the same: we influence the life and death of a few dozen people. You with yours, many more. Please share this message. We must spread the word to prevent what is happening here from happening all over Italy.

"I finish by saying that I really don't understand this war on panic. The only reason I see is mask shortages, but there's no mask on sale anymore. We don't have a lot of studies, but is it panic really worse than neglect and carelessness during an epidemic of this sort?"
Every single person in this country needs to be taking this seriously right now. We need to stop worrying about the stock market and start worrying about human lives.
[Reply]
Donger 02:49 PM 03-11-2020

And if they are reading this thread, they can see the facts at hand. If they want to read about the politics involved, disgusting as they are all around, they can read the thread in DC.
[Reply]
Page 124 of 3903
« First < 2474114120121122123124 1251261271281341742246241124 > Last »
Up