ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 121 of 3903
« First < 2171111117118119120121 1221231241251311712216211121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 01:35 PM 03-11-2020

This is why the administration sending out mixed messages matters. People are still failing to take this at all seriously, everywhere.

Yeah you can parse all day - well Trump didn't exactly say this or that. But when he sends out tweets with the word hoax, when he says "we're at 15 going to zero", when he says we'll have a vaccine in a few days, and when just Monday he sends out a tweet downplaying this and comparing it to the flu - that shit matters. People believe him.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:36 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
The Missouri state capital has confirmed that 5 of the MU students who attended the conference in NOLA where someone has tested positive worked at the capital Monday and Tuesday of this week. There are now in quarantine and being asked to document their activity during those two days.

Awesome.
Pretty soon we will have so many cases it won't even be news locally for new people that have contracted it. It's only a matter of time until someone on Chiefsplanet gets it.
[Reply]
Talisman 01:38 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
That's weird. According to some of the posters here they shouldnt worry about anything because they are under the age of 65.
They may be more worried about the people the students have come in contact with and the general spread of the virus to others who would be at a greater risk given their age. :-)
[Reply]
Mecca 01:40 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

This is why the administration sending out mixed messages matters. People are still failing to take this at all seriously, everywhere.

Yeah you can parse all day - well Trump didn't exactly say this or that. But when he sends out tweets with the word hoax, when he says "we're at 15 going to zero", when he says we'll have a vaccine in a few days, and when just Monday he sends out a tweet downplaying this and comparing it to the flu - that shit matters. People believe him.
While I think the freakout and buying everything is a bit overdone, it should be taken seriously or people who don't care will spread it to tons of people..
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:43 PM 03-11-2020
A friend of mine works for a company in KC where they are sending everyone home because coworkers just got back from the RSA conference where multiple people were sick. Here's one of them:

"one of the workers, a 45-year old man with an underlying heart condition, began experiencing symptoms after returning home after the conference. He is now seriously ill in a medically induced coma."

RSA sent out an email to his company (which came long after he read about it in the news) encouraging people to wash their hands and denying culpability saying "no governing body said we should have canceled the conference".

https://www.cyberscoop.com/exabeam-c...irus-rsa-2020/
[Reply]
Loneiguana 01:45 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Talisman:
They may be more worried about the people the students have come in contact with and the general spread of the virus to others who would be at a greater risk given their age. :-)
Today was disability advocacy day here.

Let's just say there were 100s of vulnerable people here today.

Not to mention the average age of the legislator.
[Reply]
Talisman 01:50 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Today was disability advocacy day here.

Let's just say there were 100s of vulnerable people here today.

Not to mention the average age of the legislator.
Yikes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:54 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:

Here in America the following will happen if we stay home:

We will lose our jobs.

We will lose our homes.

We will lose our cars.

We will lose our health insurance (assuming our job even provides it).

We will accrue massive debt and default on loans.

OR:

We can go to work and if you get sick oh fucking well.

That’s just how it is here.
This is fucking stupid.

I'm working from home all week and will lose nothing.

Now granted, that's not an option for everyone.

But even if you DO get sick, if you are under 60, YOU ARE GOING TO BE FINE.

Fucking stupid assed statement.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:58 PM 03-11-2020
Some dude just came into the bathroom while I was taking a shit - breathing like he was about to keel over from pneumonia.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:02 PM 03-11-2020
I would imagine if you are forced to go home and don't have a work from home policy, you can look down the short term and/or long term disability paths. If they fire you due to this, then I would image unemployment is the option to go with. Not ideal by any stretch of the imagination, but a workaround for the times we're in today.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:04 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is fucking stupid.

I'm not sure what you are saying here. People under 60 have gotten Covid-19 and not been "fine"
[Reply]
Donger 02:05 PM 03-11-2020
Some dude just came into the bathroom while I was taking a shit - breathing like he was about to keel over from pneumonia.
I'm be more concerned about taking feces from the bathroom than some guy wheezing.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:06 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
I'm be more concerned about taking feces from the bathroom than some guy wheezing.
I generally try to leave it in the bowl and take only memories, maybe a photo if it's impressive enough.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 02:08 PM 03-11-2020
You should have roundhouse kicked him to the head.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:09 PM 03-11-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is fucking stupid.

What a stupid post.
[Reply]
Page 121 of 3903
« First < 2171111117118119120121 1221231241251311712216211121 > Last »
Up