Hall of Classics>****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread****
pr_capone 12:49 PM 10-01-2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organization:

pr_capone: Paypal / FB / Media Contact
Marty: FB / Twitter / Media Contact
GoChiefs: (Cassel's Reckoning) - FB / Research / Youtube

This team is just plain awful. The only consistently good play on offense comes from Bowe and Charles. Daboll is, I'm sure a great person, but an awful offensive coordinator. While I understand that trying to lead this team is "like trying to drive a car with 4 flat tires"... it is incomprehensible to me how he can misuse the little talent that he does have. Romeo was the right man for the job regarding Belcher. He is still not the guy to coach this team into playoff contention and a Super Bowl.

*****. I hope the rumors of the Titans being interested are true. I hope you did get your walking papers on your recent trip to Dallas. I cannot wait for you to be gone from Kansas City. You took an ailing team and smothered it Cassel, ineffective FA, and bad picks in the draft. Statistically... you are the worst thing to ever happen to Kansas City Chiefs football. I will be thrilled when your termination is announced.

There is still an unresolved issue with the donation from sports nutz and both parties are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Because I cannot afford to pay for a 2 hour flight by myself... we are only planning on flying a single banner. Effectively, we only have $960ish in the bank until the matter is resolved.

If the funds come available in time for the banner to fly, we will fly a second banner as well.

Donations - Financials
Spoiler!

Archived Opening Posts

First Post - The Banner Is In The Air
Spoiler!

The Banner Is In The Air - 10/17
Spoiler!

10/17 - 11/9
Spoiler!

11/9 - Blackout
Spoiler!

Blackout - Raiders
Spoiler!

[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:00 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:
And he had earned that right.

Pioli hasn't earned shit.
Because he put good regular season products on the field? He failed to do in 20 years what he said would take 5. Just because he was better success-wise than Pioli doesn't mean he earned a graceful exit. He wasn't exactly graceful with the fans over the years either.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:04 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
Because he put good regular season products on the field? He failed to do in 20 years what he said would take 5. Just because he was better success-wise than Pioli doesn't mean he earned a graceful exit. He wasn't exactly graceful with the fans over the years either.
Peterson absolutely earned a graceful exit.

If Arrowhead is full tomorrow, it's because of Carl.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 07:09 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning:
Peterson absolutely earned a graceful exit.

If Arrowhead is full tomorrow, it's because of Carl.
I don't deny some of the things he changed, and I am not old enough to have seen what existed before him, but he still was a prick and failed to get anywhere near the ultimate goal.
[Reply]
BourbonMan 08:17 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by pr_capone:
I've been on the phone and on chat with Marty since early this morning. Yes, banner, blackout, food drive... everything is cancelled for this game. We are just fans going to a game to support our players.
Good call.

I say no to this for a few reasons.

1. no time to get a banner up against Carolina
2. no matter how disturbed or messed up the guy was, in the end, he took 2 lives and left a 3rd (their daughter) in limbo.

I cannot get behind flying a banner honoring his memory.
I totally agree.

All our funds are already promised to the B&G's clubs. That said, his kid is the sole heir of all daddy's NFL money She should want for nothing.
Again, Totally agree.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 08:31 PM 12-01-2012
I don't think there's a chance Clark would not pay Pioli if he quit.

I think today's events changed the landscape for things moving forward. I don't think it's saving jobs, but I do think that ownership is going to take care of those affected by this.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 08:40 PM 12-01-2012
Yeah, this certainly changes things.

I'm able to separate job performance from this event, but many people will not be, and SOC or any factions that have been anti-Pioli should tread very lightly for the remainder of this season.

There will come a time to talk about Pioli's job performance, but we would squander a bunch of goodwill by being perceived as coming off as too strong. And as friendly as the media has been to SOC, they can and will turn on a dime if they even sniff something vitriolic towards Pioli.

I think that Marty, Eric, and the leaders of SOC get this, so I'm not worried. But it does change everything.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
I don't think there's a chance Clark would not pay Pioli if he quit.

I think today's events changed the landscape for things moving forward. I don't think it's saving jobs, but I do think that ownership is going to take care of those affected by this.
I would think this would be the case.
[Reply]
BourbonMan 08:52 PM 12-01-2012
I personally think we should cease all activities for the remainder of the season....We have got our messages across to the FO and the Fans...Marty and PR and Everybody involved, have done a Fantastic job.

If we do decide to do something else on the COLTS game, I think we should fly a banner saying something like this...

We Still Love Our Chiefs, But Fire Pioli
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 09:20 PM 12-01-2012
It's impossible to guess what will be happening by that time. I would venture to guess that in light of the fact that Pioli personally witnessed a player off himself, that any attempt to target Pioli could turn the tide of public opinion against us.

Again, I can separate this incident from the big picture...but very few people will be able to, and the media will push that.

My guess is that SOC will do better to abandon the banners and move towards organizing letter-writing campaigns and things that aren't so visible.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:24 PM 12-01-2012
Wait a week until after the Browns kick our ass and ramp it up for the home stretch.
[Reply]
BourbonMan 09:46 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
It's impossible to guess what will be happening by that time. I would venture to guess that in light of the fact that Pioli personally witnessed a player off himself, that any attempt to target Pioli could turn the tide of public opinion against us.

Again, I can separate this incident from the big picture...but very few people will be able to, and the media will push that.

My guess is that SOC will do better to abandon the banners and move towards organizing letter-writing campaigns and things that aren't so visible.
Agree
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:54 PM 12-01-2012
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:

or working the radio contacts, because right now we are going to be viewed as the biggest assholes in the nation if we do anything that's seen as negative towards the regime.
[Reply]
Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10:26 PM 12-01-2012
Eric and I have been connected at the hip today guys. But like any ship captain heading into rough sea, you have to navigate things. SOC came across well today and we'll let things play out before we make our next decision. You would not believe the level of idiots we had to deal with today on Twitter and FB and we deleted a lot of hurtful and mean things that people said.

Personally, I'd like to see if a local domestic violence shelter can become a partner with us and we do things like a clothing drive, a blanket drive, toy drive for that Colts game.

Tomorrow is just about being a Chiefs fan. No negativity will come from SOC.
[Reply]
stonedstooge 10:55 PM 12-01-2012
Channel 9 just ran a very professional statement from SOC and short announcement. Very respectful
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 11:20 PM 12-01-2012
Too bad there is not time to fly a last positive banner

Bless Our Chiefs SOC Out! Saveourchiefs.com
[Reply]
Page 486 of 603
« First < 386436476482483484485486 487488489490496536586 > Last »
Up