ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 244 of 382
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294344 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>50 Beers to Try Before You Die
NewChief 06:18 AM 04-24-2010
Thought the beer snobs here might like this article (and probably critique the hell out of it).

http://www.wisdeo.com/articles/view_post/2984
(CBS) You've heard of "100 Bottles of Beer on the Wall"?

How about 50 to try before you die?!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:27 PM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
You're right. They do. They might be the most underrated brewery in Houston. Maybe I'm not as in touch with the Houston beer scene as much as I think I am, but I never hear any one mentioning them when talking about top breweries in Houston.
My new nearest HEB carries a bunch of Buffalo Bayou and Clown Shoes beers and that makes me happy. Now if I only could get them to order Aventinus and all would be good.
[Reply]
Shag 12:58 PM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Didn't realize this was $33 for 22oz until I paid for it, but it's really damn good... hard to put my finger on the taste, there's a lot going on. 14.6% ABV, but can't tell at all.

MT makes a bunch of Monster's Park variants, and all the one's I've tried have been excellent. They're pretty close to that price even here in SD.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:07 PM 07-02-2017
Originally Posted by Shag:
MT makes a bunch of Monster's Park variants, and all the one's I've tried have been excellent. They're pretty close to that price even here in SD.
I could have spent the entire day drinking it, that thing was a marathon... when I first started drinking stouts, I thought some of them were a meal in a bottle, and that one definitely fits that description.

I saw the cans, too, and will have to try the coffee stout... as long as it's not $20.
[Reply]
C3HIEF3S 05:04 PM 07-25-2017
Anyone here try anything from Free State Brewing Co. in Lawrence? My buddy who moved away to Denver this morning got me a growler of their Garden Party lager as a gift. Looking forward to drinking some for the Royals game tonight.

I am sure it's been talked about already, but recently I have been drinking a lot of Boulevard's Tank 7, it was an immediate favorite from the start. If you aren't from KC and/or haven't tried that yet I would get on that whenever possible.
[Reply]
MatriculatingHank 05:35 PM 07-25-2017
You walk into a typical convenience store: What is the best choice among the limited selection?
[Reply]
Fish 11:21 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S:
Anyone here try anything from Free State Brewing Co. in Lawrence? My buddy who moved away to Denver this morning got me a growler of their Garden Party lager as a gift. Looking forward to drinking some for the Royals game tonight.

I am sure it's been talked about already, but recently I have been drinking a lot of Boulevard's Tank 7, it was an immediate favorite from the start. If you aren't from KC and/or haven't tried that yet I would get on that whenever possible.
Their Copperhead Pale Ale is very good. Normally my go-to. They have one that's called Cloud Jumper that is really good too. It's a heavier hoppy ale. The beer cheese soup is awesome, be sure and try that....
[Reply]
MAG 11:45 PM 07-25-2017
I really enjoy their Stormchaser.
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 12:50 AM 07-26-2017
JAMESON IRISH WHISKEY ON THE ROCKS IS ALL YOU NEED. BEER IS FOR KIDS!
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 04:00 AM 07-26-2017
Ommegang GOT

Bought the gimmick, stayed for the taste. Awesome Golden!

[Reply]
KCUnited 07:23 AM 08-16-2017
Excited to welcome 2nd Shift to Chicago tonight. I hope they do well here.

[Reply]
NewChief 09:53 AM 09-09-2017
TimBone, you able to get any Grace and Grit from this latest release?

I'm keeping my eyes peeled up here in Arkansas, as we got a few cases up this way last time.
[Reply]
TimBone 09:57 AM 09-09-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
TimBone, you able to get any Grace and Grit from this latest release?

I'm keeping my eyes peeled up here in Arkansas, as we got a few cases up this way last time.
This last batch they released this week? Nah, I believe they said it was a small batch. Last batch I had was the Citra batch from July. I had some this month and it was still drinking well.

If you're still looking for some, I'll grab you some the next time I see some semi-fresh stuff. I usually am able to only get it at the brewery, though. Rarely do I see it this far south.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:10 AM 09-09-2017
Originally Posted by ModBone:
This last batch they released this week? Nah, I believe they said it was a small batch. Last batch I had was the Citra batch from July. I had some this month and it was still drinking well.

If you're still looking for some, I'll grab you some the next time I see some semi-fresh stuff. I usually am able to only get it at the brewery, though. Rarely do I see it this far south.
Ahh. I didn't see that it was a small release. THE July release is what I had as well. Really enjoyed it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:35 AM 09-09-2017
I've never cared for anything Sierra Nevada has made, but their Oktoberfest collaboration with Brauhaus Miltenberger this year is fucking outstanding.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:38 AM 09-09-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
I've never cared for anything Sierra Nevada has made, but their Oktoberfest collaboration with Brauhaus Miltenberger this year is ****ing outstanding.
I like their fall seasonal brown ale.
[Reply]
Page 244 of 382
« First < 144194234240241242243244 245246247248254294344 > Last »
Up