ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>The Greatest Live Albums ever recorded. Who ya got?
scho63 05:09 AM 04-23-2020
I realize that bands like the Beatles had no real "live" albums and it started around the late 70's - early 80's.

So who has the greatest LIVE albums?

I'll start with the (3) that made the most impact on me:

1. Kiss ALIVE!
2. Frampton Comes Alive!
3. Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo!

Maybe it was the "exclamation points" that did it for me! :-)

What live stuff rocked your world? :-)

EDIT: Bootlegs prior to real LIVE albums don't count. Having someone steal Hendrix before he ever made his own live album doesn't count.
[Reply]
chief52 09:29 AM 04-25-2020
Bob Seger ‘ Live’ Bullet. From Cobo Hall Detroit Michigan.
[Reply]
banyon 09:41 AM 04-25-2020

[Reply]
banyon 09:46 AM 04-25-2020
Favorite MTV unplugged:

[Reply]
Third Eye 03:07 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
They have two, this one has more of the early stuff.

The second one, I think this is their most beatiful song, "Still in Love with You".

Oh shit, I just realized I called it Armed and Dangerous in my post while it is clearly Live and Dangerous.

Interesting trivia, the album contains an early appearance from Huey Lewis before he joined up with the News.
[Reply]
The Iron Chief 03:11 PM 04-25-2020
Ozzy Osbourne Tribute - Tribute to Randy Rhodes
Black Sabbath: Live Evil

Scorpions are not my personal go to but there is no way in Hell I can't help but add Scorpions World Wide Live to this thread.
For a good stretch you either heard Iron Maiden playing in the background at a party or you heard this.
I always thought it was a shame when The Scorpions went more radio.

[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:15 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by chief52:
Turn the Page by Bob Seger is only available on Live Bullet, no other album, not even studio.

[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:38 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Turn the Page by Bob Seger is only available on Live Bullet, no other album, not even studio.

Bullshit.

It's from Back In '72.

Right before "I've Been Working" on Live Bullet, Seger goes "This is from Back In '72, it's for all the workin' people in the house..."

Right before "Turn the Page" on Live Bullet, Seger goes "This is from Back In '72 also...it's about being on the road."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_in_'72

Here's the you tube of it :

https://youtu.be/uIFFa3Aq6wA
[Reply]
rabblerouser 05:41 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by chief52:
"Read in Rolling Stone magazine that Detroit rock audiences are the best rock audiences in the world...I thought to myself, 'Shit, I've known that for 10 years!'"

Better watch out for the police...when you're driving into Nutbush...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:42 PM 04-25-2020
Lou Reed Live is a great album, IMO
[Reply]
Demonpenz 05:44 PM 04-25-2020
Dane probably was on the board for half of these concerts people are listing. Also filled in as lead singer for faster pussycat
[Reply]
penchief 06:27 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Lou Reed Live is a great album, IMO
Lou Reed Live: Take No Prisoners, or the Lou Reed Live that was recorded at the same time as Rock & Roll Animal?

Both are good, but Take No Prisoners is different. Lot's of talking to the audience and pretty raw. He doesn't hold back. Reed said it was his favorite live recording and I can see why he would say that.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 07:07 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by penchief:
Lou Reed Live: Take No Prisoners, or the Lou Reed Live that was recorded at the same time as Rock & Roll Animal?
Lou Reed Live and R&R Animal are both from the same show at NY Academy of Music, late 1972. I prefer the R&R Animal song selection. That "Intro>Sweet Jane" segment blew my mind as a little kid. That band with Hunter/Wagner on guitars, Prakish John on bass and Whitey Glan on drums is just ace. I love them on the Alice Cooper records, too - especially Welcome To My Nightmare and another live album that may be more fun than great, The Alice Cooper Show!
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 07:21 PM 04-25-2020

[Reply]
Fishpicker 08:01 PM 04-25-2020

Bowie live in Philadelphia '74
[Reply]
penchief 04-26-2020, 10:46 AM
This message has been deleted by penchief. Reason: Duplicate
penchief 10:46 AM 04-26-2020
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:

Bowie live in Philadelphia '74
As a huge Bowie fan, that album had its issues but I love it. That was a very chaotic period for him, both personally and creatively. The drugs were a major factor. Musically, he was transitioning from the heavy rock and roll sound of Diamond Dogs to the new Philly Soul sound on Young Americans. That tour started out as the Diamond Dogs tour and ended up the Philly Dogs tour. A lot of Bowie fans initially went to his shows expecting to see Ziggy and were not very accepting.

I find this period very fascinating. There was really no structure to what he was doing creatively. In many ways, I've always considered this period of time between Diamond Dogs and Young Americans as his boldest and most creative. I often refer to it as his Bowie period. Not everything worked but he wasn't afraid to try anything and really put himself out there creatively. I think it was ultimately the driving force behind one of the greatest and most artistic rock albums of all time, Station to Station.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 13
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up