ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 103 of 252
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Fish 08:12 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
What "settings" are you tweaking? Over the years, I've never had to tweak anything with emulators to get the games to work.
Finding and installing graphics packs. GPU buffer cache. Installing/disabling specific shaders. Setting both the upscale and downscale filters. Setting CPU core mode. CPU custom timer mode. Anti-aslias settings. GPU type. Depth of field settings. LOD bias. Dynamic FPS++. Creating custom keys.txt file to store all your TitleID keys for games. Etc. I had to adjust all the above to make the graphics work for BotW. Like I said, it takes some tinkering...
[Reply]
Jerm 08:32 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
Anyone getting, The Show 19?
Debating, gonna read some impressions this morning...I probably will.
[Reply]
ShiftyEyedWaterboy 11:33 AM 03-26-2019
How's Sekiro? Looks like its getting pretty high praise.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 11:49 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Debating, gonna read some impressions this morning...I probably will.
I have watched a few YouTube videos that have been released on it, looks good. Was thinking of waiting until Friday to see how it is. I will probably end up getting it anyway.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:52 AM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy:
How's Sekiro? Looks like its getting pretty high praise.
It's fun, tough as shit though as to be expected.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:21 PM 03-26-2019
I just can't get into those games. I tried the last Dark Souls and gave up without beating the first boss. It just wasn't fun.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:22 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I just can't get into those games. I tried the last Dark Souls and gave up without beating the first boss. It just wasn't fun.
The this game is really fucking hard demo isn't appealing to everyone that's for sure.

I liked bloodborne but that's about it.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:38 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The this game is really ****ing hard demo isn't appealing to everyone that's for sure.

I liked bloodborne but that's about it.
Ya i've never been a fan of frustration simulators.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:48 PM 03-26-2019
The problem with Sekiro is that From Software switches up the attack cadences so you have to learn them all over again. You might be able to use your Dark Souls dodging powers for a bit but it'll catch up to you so expect to die alot unless you look up videos to cheat every fight.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 02:33 PM 03-26-2019
I don't mind difficult games, but I really dislike games that have rhythmic combos/ attack cadences that are really finicky. If I have to respond to block or dodge an attack, fine. I just really hate having to memorize a bunch of tap combos that usually don't work if you didn't do it exactly right and have nothing logically to do with what's actually going on in the fight.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:39 PM 03-26-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
I don't mind difficult games, but I really dislike games that have rhythmic combos/ attack cadences that are really finicky. If I have to respond to block or dodge an attack, fine. I just really hate having to memorize a bunch of tap combos that usually don't work if you didn't do it exactly right and have nothing logically to do with what's actually going on in the fight.
Yeah, I prefer a more organic fighting style. Like a true fighting game. Probably overkill for most RPGs but I think it would translate well to Souls. What they've done is really turn combat into a puzzle. It's just a more complicated version of the old God of War context sensitive button mashing on bosses.
[Reply]
hometeam 09:21 PM 03-30-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
FYI... there's a new emulator out called CEMU, which allows you to play WiiU games via Win10 PC and cheap game controller.

It's very new, and requires an understanding of emulators and an understanding of how to configure the settings to tweak your system. It also requires you to know where to find the WiiU games themselves, along with the TitleID keys that go along with the game, and the WiiU system in general. Which we can't legally post here, FYI. But you're welcome to PM me and I might know where to direct you.

That said.... I bought the USB game controller above, and rumor has it you can play Zelda: Breath of the Wild on your PC. Along with Mario Kart 8, New Super Mario Bros. U, Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Country - Tropical Freeze, Mario Party 10, Super Smash Bros. , Zelda - Wind Waker HD, Zelda - Twilight Princess, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Yoshi's Woolly World, etc, etc.

Rumor has it that once you get the settings correct for each of the above games, which takes a great deal of tweaking and testing, and graphics packs to be downloaded and installed, and config files created, that it's a fucking absolute blast to play. If you have bluetooth on your PC, you can connect other USB/bluetooth controllers or existing Wiimotes and play (2-4) player WiiU games. As long as Win10 acknowledges the controller, you can reprogram the keys to whatever you want in the emulator.

It's pretty complicated. But I can't tell you how much fun I'm having playing with it.

That said, I also have emulators/info* for MAME/NES/SNES/SEGA Genesis/N64/PSX/GBA/PSP/Wii/etc. If you're cool....
Buck and I where playing BOTW in 4k over year ago with CEMU :-) im sure its progressed massively.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 01:10 AM 03-31-2019
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Buck and I where playing BOTW in 4k over year ago with CEMU :-) im sure its progressed massively.
https://www.amazon.com/Mayflash-W010...gateway&sr=8-3

Wii sensor bar for pc works well, in Dolphin not sure about other emu's :-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:18 AM 03-31-2019
I've been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's a beautiful game with an interesting premise, but it hasn't quite gripped me like God of War or AC: Origins.

I think my major issue is these fucking machines are annoyingly difficult to kill. It's like they're indestructible. I'm fairly certain there's something about the weapon system that I'm not understanding. I recently started paying more attention to using the Focus to see certain machine's weaknesses and using weapon modifications to match those weaknesses, but are there any *overall* weapon damage upgrades? I feel like I should be able to increase the damage efficiency of my spear, for instance. I've been using this same fucking spear for the entire game. I'm probably more than halfway through the game and it still causes the same amount of damage as when I first started.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 01:06 AM 04-01-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I've been playing Horizon: Zero Dawn. It's a beautiful game with an interesting premise, but it hasn't quite gripped me like God of War or AC: Origins.

I think my major issue is these ****ing machines are annoyingly difficult to kill. It's like they're indestructible. I'm fairly certain there's something about the weapon system that I'm not understanding. I recently started paying more attention to using the Focus to see certain machine's weaknesses and using weapon modifications to match those weaknesses, but are there any *overall* weapon damage upgrades? I feel like I should be able to increase the damage efficiency of my spear, for instance. I've been using this same ****ing spear for the entire game. I'm probably more than halfway through the game and it still causes the same amount of damage as when I first started.
Learn the weaknesses of the machines and vary your ammo. Using the right ammo will make a big difference.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 252
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up