ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Media Center>Gearbox/Borderlands info that's shocking if true..
Imon Yourside 06:14 PM 02-04-2019

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:55 PM 09-27-2019

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:05 PM 09-27-2019
Patch absolutely shit all over Flaks stalker tree.

Guerillas in the mist dropped from 8 seconds duration at 50% crit damage, to 5 seconds at 25% crit damage, along with a stout nerf to Jakobs Pistols of a flat 15% damage nerf.

Literally no reason to use Guerrilas in the mist version of fade away now. 5 seconds to do 25% guaranteed crits, or stick with the basic Fade Away of 15 seconds of health regen, movement speed boost, and 3 devastating shots of 200% critical damage.

So stupid. 5 seconds is way too short on the time. The stock action skill is now far superior in literally every way. Another ****ing knee jerk over correct.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 10:40 PM 09-27-2019
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Patch absolutely shit all over Flaks stalker tree.

Guerillas in the mist dropped from 8 seconds duration at 50% crit damage, to 5 seconds at 25% crit damage, along with a stout nerf to Jakobs Pistols of a flat 15% damage nerf.

Literally no reason to use Guerrilas in the mist version of fade away now. 5 seconds to do 25% guaranteed crits, or stick with the basic Fade Away of 15 seconds of health regen, movement speed boost, and 3 devastating shots of 200% critical damage.

So stupid. 5 seconds is way too short on the time. The stock action skill is now far superior in literally every way. Another ****ing knee jerk over correct.
I'm not a fan of nerfs either, so many kids complaining about power creep. Handicap yourself if you don't like it is what I say.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:27 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I'm not a fan of nerfs either, so many kids complaining about power creep. Handicap yourself if you don't like it is what I say.
Gearbox's schtick has always been if everyone likes using it, there must be something wrong with it, and feel an overwhelming need to just **** with shit.

So because irradiating a skag, or flinging rakk at enemies is not as popular as cloaking and shooting, they make a move to make the playstyle less popular. Hilarious patch note on how they try to reassure us they dont want this playstyle to go away, all the while nerfing it into oblivion.

Guerrillas in the mist was for Flak users that were using automatic weapons, and could make use of those types of weapons in Fade Away as well as the slower, more heavy hitting weapons.

You didn't want to waste your 3 shots in the stock version by using an automatic where a 3 round burst would end your skill, and not really do that much damage.

Now its essentially use the automatics in regular combat if youre using them, but when it time to pop Fade Away, you want a hard hitting Shotty, Pistol, or Sniper to maximize the damage on those 3 shots.

In playtesting it, you really cant get anything going in 5 seconds, unless they all happen to be grouped and you damn well better have a full mag before you pop it, because a reload during the five seconds, lol forget about it.

I'd be surprised to see anyone still running it. I get nerfing the crit damage to make it less lolwtfpwnage, but to nerf the time as well, they kill the skill entirely.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:00 AM 09-28-2019
Gearbox's schtick has always been if everyone likes using it, there must be something wrong with it, and feel an overwhelming need to just **** with shit.

So because irradiating a skag, or flinging rakk at enemies is not as popular as cloaking and shooting, they make a move to make the playstyle less popular. Hilarious patch note on how they try to reassure us they dont want this playstyle to go away, all the while nerfing it into oblivion.

Guerrillas in the mist was for Flak users that were using automatic weapons, and could make use of those types of weapons in Fade Away as well as the slower, more heavy hitting weapons.

You didn't want to waste your 3 shots in the stock version by using an automatic where a 3 round burst would end your skill, and not really do that much damage.

Now its essentially use the automatics in regular combat if youre using them, but when it time to pop Fade Away, you want a hard hitting Shotty, Pistol, or Sniper to maximize the damage on those 3 shots.

In playtesting it, you really cant get anything going in 5 seconds, unless they all happen to be grouped and you damn well better have a full mag before you pop it, because a reload during the five seconds, lol forget about it.

I'd be surprised to see anyone still running it. I get nerfing the crit damage to make it less lolwtfpwnage, but to nerf the time as well, they kill the skill entirely.
I don't disagree and almost all game devs ruin the fun, best part is we aren't stuck with this as I said you can make the experience whatever you want from it since it's offline at least. More than can be said for every other loot shooter out there.
[Reply]
kcxiv 05:14 AM 09-28-2019
Dev's done ruined my build for Graveward. Shit takes forever for me to kill him now. That elemental damage nerf hurt.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 06:36 AM 09-28-2019
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I don't disagree and almost all game devs ruin the fun, best part is we aren't stuck with this as I said you can make the experience whatever you want from it since it's offline at least. More than can be said for every other loot shooter out there.
Problem is that if your console is connected to the net, you have these changes no matter what. Hotfix applies the changes automaticly upon hitting the title screen, until they become permanently patched in through an update.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 06:57 AM 09-28-2019
Problem is that if your console is connected to the net, you have these changes no matter what. Hotfix applies the changes automaticly upon hitting the title screen, until they become permanently patched in through an update.
I'm speaking of PC only and i'm talking about mods, editors and trainers. Guess I should have made that clear. Most games you're totally stuck with whatever crappy experience they want for you, at least on PC I have a choice how I play this.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 08:57 AM 09-28-2019
As an XB1 player, I am once again at the mercy of the knee jerks and over corrections of the Gearbox devs.

Moze's action skill, Iron Bear is unplayable in Mayhem 3, but let's not get this character playable, let's nerf one that was fine instead.

Its basicly Zero's Kunai all over again. A completely pointless change to cripple a character while other glaring faults with other characters should have been addressed.

I'd love to be in on a round table meeting to see how priorities are decided.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:32 PM 09-28-2019
As an XB1 player, I am once again at the mercy of the knee jerks and over corrections of the Gearbox devs.

Moze's action skill, Iron Bear is unplayable in Mayhem 3, but let's not get this character playable, let's nerf one that was fine instead.

Its basicly Zero's Kunai all over again. A completely pointless change to cripple a character while other glaring faults with other characters should have been addressed.

I'd love to be in on a round table meeting to see how priorities are decided.
It's basically all the idiots that complain about one thing being OP compared to others. That's how games work nowadays and keep in mind it's only a handful that complain but do the loudest. If I were in charge I would tell them to go play something else and let people enjoy the game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:39 PM 09-30-2019
Anyone on PC looking to screw around have fun with things like this...

[Reply]
Skyy God 05:01 PM 10-01-2019
Any of the endgame content fun?

I’m at level 45, Mayhem 2, and don’t really see the point of grinding further.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:35 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Any of the endgame content fun?

I’m at level 45, Mayhem 2, and don’t really see the point of grinding further.
I think it's not bad but not really grabbing me right now, i'm on to the new Ghost Recon but will pick this back up at some point. Borderlands is one of those games you play a couple of weeks then move on and come back to as a staple.

They did add a cool arena(really hard for me on Mayhem 3) and some dungeon type places with bosses at the end you can refarm.
[Reply]
kcxiv 10:37 PM 10-01-2019
What you do is play til 50. Turn on Vault Hunter, run through the campaign. Then go back and do side quests on M3. Ill do a few side missions here and there. It lasts a while and have fun while doing it. its also fun to have load outs for more then just 1 build. Doing Side quests on M3 is probably the most fun you will get out of this game, its fucking insane.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:47 PM 10-03-2019

[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up