ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 207
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Any Bourbon drinkers out there?
The Poz 01:04 PM 06-19-2008
I've heard some good things about Buffalo Trace Bourbon.
http://www.buffalotrace.com/

Can't get it up here north of the border but, through a wine distributer I am able to order a case. Would like to hear from someone who knows their stuff and has tried it before I order.

Thanks
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:38 PM 01-14-2018

Fantastic.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:42 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
It's a beer. The beer is going for more on secondary (not hugely important to me), but I know what I'd be giving up on the beer side but not totally clear what I'm gaining on the bourbon side. Which is why I posed it to you discerning connoisseurs of bourbon :-)
I've never had it but it's got great reviews online and seems a bit hard to find US side.

It's not some holy grail bottle (like Pappy) that I'm aware of, but not sure how rare the beer is you are trading either.

#thisposthelpsyoulittle #sorry
[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:51 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by cooper barrett:
As I understand: It is private labeled Irish Whiskey blended with a local produced bourbon that's made in NKC just off Bulington. I've not heard anything about it other than their own marketing. Sounds to me mixing the two should be illegal in Ireland. They don't sell the bourbon.... not sure if it hasn't aged yet or aged well.

They won a gold metal in 2016 from an "award mill" billed as NYISC (one of 8) a trade judged competition (buyers, distributors, and bar managers?) for it's Builders Gin but paid $300. to judge it. There were 2 other gins which earned Double Gold Metals.
It was average at best. I would buy it.
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:00 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
It was average at best. I would buy it.
At $45 -$50???? really?
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:03 PM 01-14-2018
Pappy's stays in business by being given as gifts and as a status symbol,
I was not impressed with it's value vs. cost.
I've had the Weller and it was very tasty but not that cheap.

Originally Posted by srvy:
Interesting comparison between Pappys 10 yo and Weller 12yo. Whiskey Vault The Mooch and the Somm. I dont know whats going on with The Somm and the big ass chain and medallion.

That Weller 12yo is good stuff for just under 30 bucks but as the Somm said getting hard to find. I think because the popularity of bourbon now. As for Pappys Id never buy it for 350+ but I have mooched it and im pretty indifferent on it.

[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:14 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:

Fantastic.

I'll bite but that stacks up to Bookers???
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:22 PM 01-14-2018
At $45 -$50???? really?
I meant *wouldn't

But I'll gladly drop $45 on Maker's 46. That shit is so good!
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:26 PM 01-14-2018

Found them extremely smooth. Very good sipping whiskey. I think both bottles cost around $75 total.

I’m a big fan of the bird dog products.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:29 PM 01-14-2018
Neither are great, IMO. The green label small batch is only 86 proof and no aged stated. It tastes young and over-priced at $30. The 10 year is better but it's got a simple wheated/smooth taste but not complex and unremarkable finish.

But as I say, "Drink what you like!"
[Reply]
lewdog 05:31 PM 01-14-2018
I meant *wouldn't

But I'll gladly drop $45 on Maker's 46. That shit is so good!
Stay away from blended Irish Whiskeys. Shit is weak and a dime a dozen. People think something named Irish Whiskey has some certain magic to it. It doesn't.

Maker's 46 is pretty decent stuff. Glad you are moving on up Billay!
[Reply]
Titty Meat 05:31 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Neither are great, IMO. The green label small batch is only 86 proof and no aged stated. It tastes young and over-priced at $30. The 10 year is better but it's got a simple wheated/smooth taste but not complex and unremarkable finish.

But as I say, "Drink what you like!"
Sounds terrible
[Reply]
lewdog 05:34 PM 01-14-2018
Sounds terrible
Let me clarify.

I'd drink any Bird Dog over shitty Irish Whiskey blends.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:36 PM 01-14-2018
If you haven't checked it out, this website if fabulous. Search your bourbon and read about tasting notes and others comments.

https://distiller.com/

Blanton's Gold. https://distiller.com/spirits/blanton-s-gold-edition

After reading this, I am all in on your getting that Blanton's Gold, KCUnited. :-)
[Reply]
cooper barrett 05:57 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by Servant_KC:
Found them extremely smooth. Very good sipping whiskey. I think both bottles cost around $75 total.

I’m a big fan of the bird dog products.
I just read 3 reviews... compared the small batch to
Originally Posted by :
"better than Evan Williams White label @ $15"
And the 10 years as a 65 point with points added for the $30 price (2016)

Originally Posted by :
This is going slightly above a 60 only because I got it for $28. I think the MSRP on it is over $40, which I would recommend avoiding it for that price. The closest thing I could compare it to is benchmark, and I think I'd prefer benchmark

That is I believe a great compliment to Benchmark or...
[Reply]
cooper barrett 06:00 PM 01-14-2018
Originally Posted by lewdog:
If you haven't checked it out, this website if fabulous. Search your bourbon and read about tasting notes and others comments.

https://distiller.com/

Blanton's Gold. https://distiller.com/spirits/blanton-s-gold-edition

After reading this, I am all in on your getting that Blanton's Gold, KCUnited. :-)
Interesting marketing...
[Reply]
Page 63 of 207
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up