ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 89
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****
Dante84 09:24 PM 04-25-2024
More to come!

Text from an AFC GM on the #Chiefs getting Xavier Worthy: “FU** me” https://t.co/IjLQ7xeN37

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) April 26, 2024

Xavier Worthy - WR, UT

- Early career production
- Dynamic threat downfield & after the catch
- Elite speed & start-stop ability
- Fluid mover w/ good route running chops
- Ball tracking is A+

Not entirely sure why the vibe isn't higher when talking about him in the WR class. pic.twitter.com/dv3JjdyZgh

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 26, 2024

The only one Worthy.

With the 28th pick in the NFL Draft, we have selected @XavierWorthy! pic.twitter.com/enRBDQAVA5

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 26, 2024

I'll write something fresh about Worthy tomorrow morning now that he's a Chief to lay out how he's more than speed, but for now here's an excerpt from article linked in the below tweet... https://t.co/EcW7QtUrFF pic.twitter.com/811ahCEfMS

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) April 26, 2024

Welcome to Kansas City Xavier Worthy

Here’s how the draft party reacted to X’s name being called #HookEm | #Texas pic.twitter.com/eCnu8W7Rrb

— Cory Mose (@Cory_Mose) April 26, 2024

Kansas City Chiefs add some serious speed in Xavier Worthy https://t.co/ZbhUUQwa32 pic.twitter.com/8D6v8ecd4j

— Reception Perception (@RecepPerception) April 26, 2024

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:20 PM 05-01-2024
Welp, keeping in touch with Hardman may make a lot more sense if what James Palmer has said is true. Chiefs are apparently expecting Rice to get at least a half season suspension. That leaves Toney, Moore, and Watson as the only WRs well versed in the playbook.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:38 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I won't stand for all of this Louis Rees-Zammit erasure.
He's a RB.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:45 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He's a RB.
And it looks like McKinnon is gone, and they didn't draft anybody, so I think he has a decent shot. I think Bailey wins the RB3 role though as it stands right now.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:48 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He's a RB.
He's not going to be a RB. He's not built for it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:50 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Welp, keeping in touch with Hardman may make a lot more sense if what James Palmer has said is true. Chiefs are apparently expecting Rice to get at least a half season suspension. That leaves Toney, Moore, and Watson as the only WRs well versed in the playbook.
I feel like they go WR in the 4th if they thought that were the case.

Cheap trade up for Walker or stay put and take Gould, Thrash or Malik Washington at 133. Or Rice at 211. Maybe Isaiah Williams at 248.

Just feel like they'd have done a little more.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:52 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I feel like they go WR in the 4th if they thought that were the case.

Cheap trade up for Walker or stay put and take Gould, Thrash or Malik Washington at 133. Or Rice at 211. Maybe Isaiah Williams at 248.

Just feel like they'd have done a little more.
Maybe they're eyeing Boyd or somebody?

That would make me feel a lot better if it is in fact 8 games.
[Reply]
Basileus777 03:03 PM 05-01-2024
Fair point. But do ANY of these WRs look like strong special teamers?

Could just be that we use more TEs, Ss and LBers on the coverage units.
The new return format favors linebacker/TE type builds and not WR gunners for coverage. I'm not sure how important WRs are in special teams now.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:04 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And it looks like McKinnon is gone, and they didn't draft anybody, so I think he has a decent shot. I think Bailey wins the RB3 role though as it stands right now.
LRZ will be our kickoff return guy and emergency backup at RB and punt returner. Maybe slot receiver, but I kinda doubt that one.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:08 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
LRZ will be our kickoff return guy and emergency backup at RB and punt returner. Maybe slot receiver, but I kinda doubt that one.
Yea, he's not going to be RB3 or anything, but maybe he gets a roster spot as a STs, and RB4, that can play some WR.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 03:09 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I know they list him as a RB, but everything about him screams receiver to me. 6’3” 195 lbs. and 4.4 speed just seems weird for a RB. But hell, what do I know?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:10 PM 05-01-2024
Yea, he's not going to be RB3 or anything, but maybe he gets a roster spot as a STs, and RB4, that can play some WR.
Good point.

Someone mentioned the lack of STs contributions from our WR group - that could be one way to make it up from another position.
[Reply]
RunKC 05:46 PM 05-01-2024
I keep telling the 'we'll get him with our strength team and add 20 lbs of weight to him' crowd...

Fellas, we don't do this stuff better than Texas does. Their facilities are unreal.
Kid did a Q&A today and said he ate Chik fil A before every game. Yeah I’m inclined to think he didn’t take nutrition seriously in college.

Get that man some protein shakes and a diet plan to put 10 lbs on him
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:19 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by JPH83:
He's not going to be a RB. He's not built for it.
Huh? with his speed 6'2 190 works all day

He obviously needs serious time to refine his NFL game, but if Andy and Bretts vision comes true this guy genuinely breaks out two years from now
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:29 PM 05-01-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Kid did a Q&A today and said he ate Chik fil A before every game. Yeah I’m inclined to think he didn’t take nutrition seriously in college.

Get that man some protein shakes and a diet plan to put 10 lbs on him
Mama has the right amount of thic to her.

So hey, maybe you're right.
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 07:33 PM 05-01-2024
Maybe they're eyeing Boyd or somebody?

That would make me feel a lot better if it is in fact 8 games.
I'd like it, guy playing third fiddle to Mahomes possession guy
[Reply]
Page 68 of 89
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278 > Last »
Up