ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Hall of Classics>I can't be what I'm not.
MeatPeeker 11:05 PM 01-18-2003
Some people are jocks. Some people are preps. Some people are sluts. Some people are popular. Some people are all of the above, or a combination of one or more.

Some people are nerds.

I am a nerd.

Nerds don't go to parties. Those other people do.

I'm not those other people. I don't do what they do.

After covering my basketball games (which put the evening at 7pm) I went to the library and got on the computer until it closed at 8. Then I went to a mexican restaurant and ate dinner. It was then 9 pm. I was led to believe the party was starting at 9:30 or 10 pm. I drove over to her house and parked in a nearby lot. I waited. I felt sick. I went to the university center, and looked in the mirror. I looked like a nerd. I went back to the parking lot, ended up circling the house five times and parking again each time.

The last attempt I actually got out of the car. Guys I was so scared my entire body was screaming for me to get back in the car where it was safe. I got in there and left, and tried not to turn my head to look at that apartment building and the people outside it as I passed it.

Two songs played in the car as I began that trip home. Joe Walsh's "Life's been good to me" and AC/DC's "Hell's Bell's." Those are two of my favorite songs, and they are never played on the radio.

Those were my mp3s, calling me home.

I had a good cry on the way home, but I'm here now, where I belong. With you guys, my geforce 4 and no one else.

To thine own self be true. :-)
Attached: nerdroom.jpg (85.6 KB) 
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:46 PM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BRAD_CAUDLE
If you saw pictures of me in 7th grade, then pictures of me as a freshman, then pics of me as a senior, then pics of me now you wouldn't even BELIEVE they were all four me. You'd be amazed.
Yeah, Renee Richards could say the same thing. :-)
[Reply]
patteeu 03:47 PM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by gochiefs

I need to read the Dune series again. ...
No you don't. I don't think it would be helpful. :-)

Maybe this one would be more useful. I haven't read it, but it looks like it is on-point and the 6 reviews are pretty positive.
[Reply]
MeatPeeker 03:49 PM 01-19-2003
Self-help books are ass.
[Reply]
chiefsfan58 04:29 PM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by BRAD_CAUDLE
If you saw pictures of me in 7th grade, then pictures of me as a freshman, then pics of me as a senior, then pics of me now you wouldn't even BELIEVE they were all four me. You'd be amazed.
You got implants in three stages?
[Reply]
Rausch 04:34 PM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by patteeu

Post some pics man. Let's see the development of BRAD_CAUDLE in living color!!
Hmmmmmmm...........no.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:37 PM 01-19-2003
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by chiefsfan58

You got implants in three stages?
Yeah. That way they can track me from Alpha Centauri.........
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:25 AM 01-20-2003
late to the party, but still dropping in for last call...

There was some good advice given here...hope you use some of it, and take up the "experienced Pilots" that have offered to help you break the ice. Once you go out, and see what you're missing....you'll be pawning that G4 for a new haircut and a case of pleasure mesh trojans.

Don't go to a "gathering of people having fun" with any expectations. No Pressure. you're just there to meet some people. NETWORKING(ie. Meeting people) is more important careerwise down the road than half the classes.

There are alot of things you can do to "break the ice" for you.
1. get a stupid teeshirt.
I recommend one with 2 hands with fingers pointing towards your chest that says "you mush be *this* tall to ride".
guys will think its funny and you'll chat.....ladies will comment and the conversation starts.

Its like anything else...Making yourself just do it the first time is the hardest part....it is NEVER as bad as you anticipate.....and usually a Ton more fun.

The JW excuse doesn't work either...you've said here yourself that your sister is out partying and getting laid.....ask her to hook you up, go out or something.
[Reply]
Mark M 10:53 AM 01-20-2003
Quit being such a whiny pussy and just f*cking go. Sheesh ...

Sorry, but there's nothing that bothers me more than people who whine about something and then do NOTHING to correct the problem.

Go to the party, have a good time and let us know if another girl allowed you to touch her arm.

Or stay at home and reinforce your nerdness.

It's your choice ...

MM
~~Has little tolerance for whiners
[Reply]
Page 18 of 18
« First < 81415161718
Up