ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 747 of 791
« First < 247647697737743744745746747 748749750751757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
Skyy God 11:32 AM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I agree. AND, while I know everyone's sick of the Patriots way talk, you can use their blueprint for how to sustain a dynasty in the salary-cap age. That is, you pay your star QB. You pay your UNIQUE talents. You let the rest walk when they get too expensive. You draft well, you plug and play cheap vets.
Hopefully CHunt can replicate Brady’s under the table, below market deal.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:36 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
If you were to trade for Clark either you ain’t keeping Hill or Jones
Wrong.

Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Um, how about "get fucked"?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:37 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I could have sworn I saw somewhere that they weren't having one. I could be wrong though.
I guess it's possible they cancelled it. Like I said, I don't even know where my tickets are because I knew I couldn't go.

But they had every intention of having their usual STH party for the draft a few weeks ago. I was going to go because I have no idea what my schedule is ever - my wife just tells me when she needs help packing bags and figuring out how to load up 3 children worth of shit onto an airplane.

I tend to tell the office that I'm not gonna be there for a week or so from the airport. I'm disorganized as fuck.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:38 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Starting point, BUT...A 2nd and a Chick Fil A Dr Pepper should do the trick.
If a 2nd and a Dr. Pepper gets it done, a 3rd and one of those Orange Vanilla Coke's should be sufficient.

Those are delicious...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:39 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If a 2nd and a Dr. Pepper gets it done, a 3rd and one of those Orange Vanilla Coke's should be sufficient.

Those are delicious...
Man that sounds good right now.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:41 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I’m gonna have a major problem with this franchise if they do wind up trading for and extending Clark but allow Hill to go in a year or two out of fear for his own potential issues.

I only say this because I find it hard to believe that they would ever give Mahomes, Jones, Hill, AND Clark massive extensions on top of what HB is also already making.

Mahomes, Hill, and Jones are the types of unique talents that can legitimately win games by themselves at times... I don’t think Clark fits into that category. I know he doesn’t.

Great player, but not a ‘unicorn’ like those other three.
Exactly. He's good but he's, what, Jerry Hughes? You don't lose uniquely talented guys like Hill or even Jones (though Jones is a little easier to get your hands on than someone like Hill) for a guy like Clark. There is a Clark or 2 in every draft. They are very good players who are end up in the right system for them to thrive in.

But a player like Hill or Jones can thrive anywhere. And if you hope to maintain any sort of roster depth after Mahomes is sucking up 1/6th of your salary cap and Jones/Hill are sucking up another 6th or more between them, you're in a world of shit unless you're have the smartest draft room in the league by a fair amount.

And if your draft room is that smart, just go draft another Clark and make sure you have the system that allows him to thrive.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:47 PM 04-18-2019
You don't pay Hill until this mess is sorted, end of story.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:50 PM 04-18-2019
Speaking of Hill noticed this tweet that made me roll my eyes

NFL sought police records in child abuse investigation involving Tyreek Hill https://t.co/tRnUu6gVcx

— The Kansas City Star (@KCStar) April 18, 2019

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:54 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Speaking of Hill noticed this tweet that made me roll my eyes

I sought tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese for my spaghetti recently. Because I shatter worlds and realities like that.
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:55 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Wrong.

Um, how about "get ****ed"?
agreed
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 01:23 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Let's just send them an envelope filled with anthrax instead.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:37 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Those are delicious...
I just gave up pop recently and I hate you for mentioning that drink. So good.
[Reply]
Simply Red 04-18-2019, 01:37 PM
This message has been deleted by Simply Red. Reason: .
Simply Red 01:37 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I just gave up pop recently and I hate you for mentioning that drink. So good.
what is pop?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:38 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
what is pop?
Soda for us Northern city slickers!
[Reply]
Simply Red 01:41 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Soda for us Northern city slickers!
I know - I used to call it that too - funny when you move away - you NEVER hear that. Now it sounds weird to read or hear.
[Reply]
Page 747 of 791
« First < 247647697737743744745746747 748749750751757 > Last »
Up