ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 698 of 791
« First < 198598648688694695696697698 699700701702708748 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2019 Free agency Thread
O.city 03:24 PM 02-05-2019
We don't really have one of these yet, so figured we could use this as a place to discuss potential free agent acquisitions and what we would like to look for them to bring in.

If any of you guys are interested, heres a good place to do some research.

https://overthecap.com/
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:23 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:

Oh damn!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well...where's the big announcement?
[Reply]
In58men 09:24 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Well...where's the big announcement?
Patience grasshopper
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:31 AM 04-03-2019
Are the Kansas City Chiefs about to sign CB Keith Reaser?

ith the suspension of the Alliance of American Football’s league operations, it’s on the verge of folding. Are the Chiefs about to sign Keith Reaser?
The end of the Alliance of American Football is rapidly approaching after the league’s operations were suspended. As a result, Minnesota Vikings general manager Rick Spielman expects several AAF players to be signed to NFL teams.

The AAF featured many standout players, one of whom was Keith Reaser. The Chiefs signed Reaser to the practice squad at the start of the 2017 season, but he was placed on injured reserve and released at the start of the 2018 season. When the AAF officially folds, it would make sense for the Chiefs to bring Reaser back to the team.

During Reaser’s time with the Chiefs, general manager Brett Veach had plenty of praise for him and fellow cornerback Will Redmond, citing injuries as the reason why they weren’t contributing in the NFL.

“Look you still have guys like Keith Reaser and Will Redmond that people don’t really talk about, but Will Redmond was a mid-round pick by the 49ers coming off an injury and Keith Reaser was a guy we liked. I think he was also coming off an injury out of Florida Atlantic a few years back. A lot of people won’t talk about those guys, but when you start stacking those types of players in regards to what is out there in the draft class you feel good about them.”

When Reaser got another chance with the AAF’s Orlando Apollos, he quickly went to work. He put on a strong performance over the first two weeks of the inaugural season and was the highest graded cornerback according to Pro Football Focus.

Over his time with the Apollos, Reaser has tallied 12 total tackles, 10 passes defended, and 3 interceptions, including a game winning pick six. After his hot start, he did cool down slightly; however, he still showed what he’s capable of.

The Chiefs defense last year struggled, especially with in the secondary. To help improve it, the Chiefs signed safety Tyrann Mathieu and cornerback Bashaud Breeland. Both Mathieu and Breeland are a huge boost to the secondary, but it could still use some help, particularly at cornerback.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/04/03/keith-reaser-kansas-city-chiefs-potential-return-aaf/
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:42 AM 04-03-2019
I’d sign Reaser. We need CB depth. He’s be a good backup to Ward or Breeland
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:41 AM 04-03-2019
Turd
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:42 AM 04-03-2019
Vanderbilt cornerback Joejuan Williams is reportedly visiting Kansas City Wednesday.
Penn State cornerback Amani Oruwariye is reportedly visiting Kansas City Wednesday.
Mississippi State defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons posted he was in Kansas City on his Instagram a few days back.
[Reply]
Iconic 10:48 AM 04-03-2019
God damn imagine Simmons and Chris Jones in the interior.

That's our Suh and Donald right there.
[Reply]
WarChief 10:58 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

That pocket would collapse faster than Venezuela's economy.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:05 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Iconic:

I approve of this imagination.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:06 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I approve of this imagination.
But did his sausage pop out too?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:07 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Vanderbilt cornerback Joejuan Williams is reportedly visiting Kansas City Wednesday.
Penn State cornerback Amani Oruwariye is reportedly visiting Kansas City Wednesday.
Mississippi State defensive tackle Jeffery Simmons posted he was in Kansas City on his Instagram a few days back.
I saw a great point regarding the 'top 30 visits' a few days back.

The guys they bring in for visits aren't necessarily guys they like. They are oftentimes guys they don't like but REALLY want to. So like Simmons may well be someone they don't have on their board at all right now due to his history and his injury.

But they see some stuff on there that they like. So they bring him in to talk to him and maybe convince themselves that they want him on their board afterall.

I think Polite is probably getting some interviews like that right now. There are teams that don't have him on their board, I'm sure. But some of those same teams may be sitting there like "Yeah, but if he's there in the third, are we sure we hate him?" So they're bringing him in to talk to.

In a lot of those cases those interviews end up confirming that teams DON'T like a player just as often as they're used to confirm that they do.

It's a bit of really fascinating insight.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:08 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by WarChief:
That pocket would collapse faster than Venezuela's economy.
:-) Yes it would! This is the first time I've ever advocated for a fatty in a draft but I have no shame; we know what Jones can do so I want to bolster that and stop worrying so much about getting sacks from the outside. QB's HATE having a defender in their face immediately after the snap, and that's where we need to be going.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:10 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
But did his sausage pop out too?
If it does, we know it's fate!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:13 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
If it does, we know it's fate!
(In order of smallest to biggest)

Best guess is it the cooper, Vienna sausage, billay, Clay, C. Jones, or PMII choco penii variety?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:18 AM 04-03-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
(In order of smallest to biggest)

Best guess is it the cooper, Vienna sausage, billay, Clay, C. Jones, or PMII choco penii variety?
:-)

Pretty much but I'd probably rate C. Jones as the biggest peen of the group, with largest balls going to Mahomes.
[Reply]
Page 698 of 791
« First < 198598648688694695696697698 699700701702708748 > Last »
Up