ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 101
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***
Gadzooks 02:44 PM 10-03-2018
The puck drops tonight!!!

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Join My League in the 2019 NHL Bracket Contest!

1. Create a bracket here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/
2. Copy your secret edit link, and then paste it here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/join/c7vjprb3

You can check out the league members & results here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/r4sb7

[Reply]
DeepPurple 12:25 PM 02-24-2019
I don't know if they'll make the playoffs, but one team that is better than their record is the Buffalo Sabres. I saw the Lightning play them last Thursday. The Sabres lead 1-0 through two periods and then the Lightning finally tied it in the third period and then a scoreless overtime, but the Lightning prevailed in the shootout. I was very impressed with the Sabres goalie Hutton.

Last night was some game, the outdoor show in Philly. I turned it off with about 8 minutes to go and Penguins up 3-1, can't stand the Penguins. I couldn't believe this morning's paper, Flyers came back and tied it and then won in overtime.

I've been wearing this on the golf course the last two weeks.

[Reply]
Gadzooks 12:02 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I don't know if they'll make the playoffs, but one team that is better than their record is the Buffalo Sabres.
Buffalo had a 10 game win streak early in the season and were in the playoff hunt and then realized they're only on year 5 of their 8 year re-build.
Their previous GM fucked them over with Chiarelli level bad trades and it will be at least 3 years until they can be considered a threat in the Eastern Conference.

BTW - I hate the city of Buffalo. When it's not covered in snow, it's covered in pigeon shit. It's an ugly and depressing place to drive though let alone live in, however, I do respect their hockey fans. They are tried and true and deserve better.
Only 3 more years 'till they lose in the Cup finals to Seattle.
Tampa sucks too.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 06:08 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:

I've been wearing this on the golf course the last two weeks.

You and Stamkos
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:01 AM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Buffalo had a 10 game win streak early in the season and were in the playoff hunt and then realized they're only on year 5 of their 8 year re-build.
Their previous GM fucked them over with Chiarelli level bad trades and it will be at least 3 years until they can be considered a threat in the Eastern Conference.

BTW - I hate the city of Buffalo. When it's not covered in snow, it's covered in pigeon shit. It's an ugly and depressing place to drive though let alone live in, however, I do respect their hockey fans. They are tried and true and deserve better.
Only 3 more years 'till they lose in the Cup finals to Seattle.
Tampa sucks too.
A friend of mine was talking about going to Canada for a bit to get into the hockey scene in Toronto and Montreal.... and it got me thinking, if Buffalo wasn't such a shithole (from what I've heard), it would be perfect for a hockey fan who wanted to travel to other hockey cities...... easy drives to Toronto, Montreal, Pittsburgh, NYC, while still having a team in town.

But... you'd have to live in Buffalo.
[Reply]
RockChalk 11:34 AM 02-27-2019
Buffalo is really nice for about 45 days of the year
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:53 PM 02-27-2019
Was a good hockey night. Stanley Cup and pond hockey..
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:09 AM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Buffalo is really nice for about 45 days of the year
Heh, that's how I think of KC... that one week in May where it's not 40 degrees in the morning but not 90 in the afternoon, and a little time in the Fall.

Well, maybe more like 60.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 07:19 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Was a good hockey night. Stanley Cup and pond hockey..
Nice :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:08 PM 03-01-2019
Allen better work out some more of his issues if he wants to stay at this level. That shorthanded goal was just stupid.

I feel bad for him, but at some point he's got to get it worked out or the Blues need to find a better backup to B.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:27 PM 03-01-2019
Jake 'Alex Smith' Allen.

It's fucking uncanny.
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:39 AM 03-02-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Allen better work out some more of his issues if he wants to stay at this level. That shorthanded goal was just stupid.

I feel bad for him, but at some point he's got to get it worked out or the Blues need to find a better backup to B.
I enjoyed this tweet last night right after that goal

Is Jake Allen a good goaltender? pic.twitter.com/RSyMVvfuEL

— Big Rig Maroon (@NotPatMaroon) March 2, 2019

[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:57 AM 03-02-2019
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
I enjoyed this tweet last night right after that goal

That's too bad, but after THAT shorthanded goal, along with the other struggles he's had recently, he's taking up a spot that some other kid might have earned a shot at.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:15 PM 04-01-2019
NBC is seriously obsessed with the Blues, Preds, and Wild this year.... along with the usual Caps, Rangers, and Flyers.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:57 PM 04-01-2019
At this point I'd rather see the Yotes make the playoffs over the Avalanche... I could at least catch a playoff game live instead of half-assed watching the Avalanche fail in the playoffs in the same way they've been failing (in general) for years.
[Reply]
Otter 04-02-2019, 12:30 PM
This message has been deleted by Otter. Reason: Bad info
DaFace 09:49 PM 04-04-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
At this point I'd rather see the Yotes make the playoffs over the Avalanche... I could at least catch a playoff game live instead of half-assed watching the Avalanche fail in the playoffs in the same way they've been failing (in general) for years.
At least this year they're going in on a hot streak. Seems like every other year it's been the opposite. I'll also be very curious to see if they try and give a rookie (Makar) his first NHL start in the playoffs or if they just save him for next year.

What a weird season for the Avs. Started out insanely hot. Then looked like shit for two months. And now they're hot again.

Guess we'll see what the playoffs hold.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 101
« First < 34567 8910111757 > Last »
Up