ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 101
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***
Gadzooks 02:44 PM 10-03-2018
The puck drops tonight!!!

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Join My League in the 2019 NHL Bracket Contest!

1. Create a bracket here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/
2. Copy your secret edit link, and then paste it here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/join/c7vjprb3

You can check out the league members & results here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/r4sb7

[Reply]
DaFace 09:35 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
No, as I honestly forgot.

Calgary reminds me of the Blues in Hitch's 1st few years. They aren't ready yet but will be one day.
Yeah, I've often thought the importance of "playoff experience" was overstated, but there's no question that this Avs team is MUCH more prepared for this than last year's was. The Flames just seem like they didn't know what they were in for. I'd expect them to be more solid next year.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 09:38 PM 04-18-2019
Yeah, I've often thought the importance of "playoff experience" was overstated, but there's no question that this Avs team is MUCH more prepared for this than last year's was. The Flames just seem like they didn't know what they were in for. I'd expect them to be more solid next year.
I don't think PO experience is the end all be all for winning, but it doesn't hurt.

I can't think of a SCF team that came out of nowhere and made it aside from Vegas since the 05-06 lockout(they're more of the exception than the norm).

The Kings made the POs and had an early exit before they won it all, as did the Hawks. Bruins had one of the biggest choke jobs of all time before winning it in 2011.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:39 PM 04-18-2019
I described it as "cocky zen" the other day to my wife. He's intensely confident in himself, not to the point of being truly full of himself. Instead, he just has an intense understanding of his abilities and what he'll be able to do over a series.

And yeah, the Pepsi Center is fun place to be right now because pretty much every time he comes on the ice the crowd perks up. Makar has practically been the same way in his two games. That kid is going to be electric.

It may not be this year, but the Avs are going to be force before long. In terms of key pieces of their roster's ages:

Tyson Barrie (27)
Gabe Landeskog (26)
Nathan MacKinnon (23)
Mikko Rantanen (22)
Sam Girard (20)
Kale Makar (20)

Oh, and they have a #4 pick this year.

:-) :-) :-)
Guys like Jost and Compher are nice depth pieces as well. Jost still has untapped upside IMO, he’s still adjusting to NHL speed, and he’s still physically underdeveloped. He could be a 50-60 point guy in the coming seasons if it all clicks for for him. And the Avs should be able to get the 2C they need at four. Or, if Byram (best D in the class) is there they can take him. Either way, they should get - at least - an elite complimentary player. Which is all they really need at this point.

It’s pretty crazy how seamlessly Makar has stepped in. Reminds me of McAvoy a few years back, but Makar looks even more dynamic. 2017 was such a weird draft. The guys who went 3 (Heiskanen, uber stud), 4 (Kale), 5 (EP) look way more like franchise level talents than Hischier (lol Devils) or Patrick (lol Flyers).
[Reply]
DaFace 09:53 PM 04-18-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
Guys like Jost and Compher are nice depth pieces as well. Jost still has untapped upside IMO, he’s still adjusting to NHL speed, and he’s still physically underdeveloped. He could be a 50-60 point guy in the coming seasons if it all clicks for for him. And the Avs should be able to get the 2C they need at four. Or, if Byram (best D in the class) is there they can take him. Either way, they should get - at least - an elite complimentary player. Which is all they really need at this point.

It’s pretty crazy how seamlessly Makar has stepped in. Reminds me of McAvoy a few years back, but Makar looks even more dynamic. 2017 was such a weird draft. The guys who went 3 (Heiskanen, uber stud), 4 (Kale), 5 (EP) look way more like franchise level talents than Hischier (lol Devils) or Patrick (lol Flyers).
Yeah, it's hard to find any obvious holes on D at this point, so I'm betting they go for a center as you said. Their main weakness this year is their scoring depth. The top line is insanely good, but it'd be nice if MacKinnon didn't have to play 30 minutes (granted, it was an OT game).
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 10:04 PM 04-18-2019
Yeah, it's hard to find any obvious holes on D at this point, so I'm betting they go for a center as you said. Their main weakness this year is their scoring depth. The top line is insanely good, but it'd be nice if MacKinnon didn't have to play 30 minutes (granted, it was an OT game).
My best guess is they like Alex Turcotte, who ironically plays a lot like Ryan O’Reilly. He’ll probably play in college for a year but step right in the year after amd be a contributor.

Avs would be a contender right now (if they aren’t already, Makar is a massive addition mid playoffs and if MacKinnon and Rantanen keep playing like this they can beat anyone) if they had a second line that could take advantage of the MacKinnon line drawing the hard minutes.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they took a hard run at Panarin, though he looks Florida bound.
[Reply]
Sorry 10:25 PM 04-18-2019
I fell out of watching hockey and I'm so glad I caught the avs game. Growing up avs were my fav team with sakic and hejduk etc. Damn I didn't realize these boys were so fast
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:32 PM 04-18-2019
Don't harsh my mellow dudes...
[Reply]
Fish 09:06 AM 04-19-2019
:-)... brutal...

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:38 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:
My best guess is they like Alex Turcotte, who ironically plays a lot like Ryan O’Reilly. He’ll probably play in college for a year but step right in the year after amd be a contributor.

Avs would be a contender right now (if they aren’t already, Makar is a massive addition mid playoffs and if MacKinnon and Rantanen keep playing like this they can beat anyone) if they had a second line that could take advantage of the MacKinnon line drawing the hard minutes.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they took a hard run at Panarin, though he looks Florida bound.
I'd have a lot of fun yelling "Kaapo Kakko!!" though.

I described it as "cocky zen" the other day to my wife. He's intensely confident in himself, not to the point of being truly full of himself. Instead, he just has an intense understanding of his abilities and what he'll be able to do over a series.
Yeah, you can really tell on the ice... he doesn't do anything that costs the team at all, but he'll lose the puck every once in a while attempting moves/puck handling that's almost at a level of someone trying shit out in a skate around.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:45 AM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
27 attempts to 15. Down 2. Fluke ass joke.
Hellebuyk is a joke too. It's pathetic...
They were flukes poked in by complete jobbers
Just fluke ass fucking goals. Such trash...yet grade A chances bring nothing. What a joke.

Reads like some kind of spoiled Penguins fan. :-):-)
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 12:20 PM 04-19-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Low-end talent scoring goals in the playoffs isn't a fluke, its the only way you can win a cup. You aren't winning without unlikely players stepping up.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 PM 04-19-2019
LETS. GO. BLUES.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:52 PM 04-19-2019
I'd have a lot of fun yelling "Kaapo Kakko!!" though.
The second he’s officially a Ranger I’ll be buying his jersey.

I’m looking forward to some of the chants MSG comes up with
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:53 PM 04-19-2019
Or someone who doesn’t understand hockey.

Same thing really. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:11 PM 04-19-2019
I gotta admit, the Blues surprising win put a little more hop in my step in today's Stick & Puck. It just made it even more fun...
[Reply]
Page 20 of 101
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up