ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 341
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:37 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
A carry gun isn't something you cheap out on. And **** Kel-Tec.

You can get a Walther Creed for around $250.

You CAN get a SCCY for around $200 (if I remember). My Son carries one and he likes it a lot.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:23 PM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
You CAN get a SCCY for around $200 (if I remember). My Son carries one and he likes it a lot.
I'd never ever heard of that before. Had to Google it.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:11 PM 03-02-2019
My son had a SCCY 9mm and that thing jammed every six shots or so.
[Reply]
Lzen 07:17 PM 03-02-2019
Okay, you guys have convinced me to stay away from the keltec. Mainly, I have been thinking about going to a polymer frame for awhile and just stumbled upon this deal. Perhaps I'll see what they are asking for a M&P shield.

I am curious, though, of your opinion on another carry pistol, Ruger LC9.
[Reply]
kjwood75nro 07:27 PM 03-02-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
Do not ever carry a Kel-Tec for personal protection. Never. They are a good for a cheap gun to shoot and have fun with, but for personal defense, I would stay far away from using one for that.

I spent a ton of time running different guns in lots of different environments, and had tons of coworkers doing the same. None of us ever said, “Wow, glad I chose Kel-Tec for my load out this mission!”

That said, it’s your choice, and if you trust your life to it, go for it.
Worked for George Zimmerman.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 07:30 PM 03-02-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
My son had a SCCY 9mm and that thing jammed every six shots or so.

Dang! My Son has had his for the last 2 years (maybe) and he takes it to the range quite often. Never told me of any problem with his....but who knows? I'll call him later and see what he says..If that is the case, I want him to dump it immediately and get some reliable like a Walther or a SIG P365.

Just got off the phone with Junior.....said he has had 2 hang ups over the last 500 rounds...and a total of about 6 over the last 1500 rounds. I told him to get rid of it and move on to a more reliable pistol.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:04 PM 03-02-2019
Okay, you guys have convinced me to stay away from the keltec. Mainly, I have been thinking about going to a polymer frame for awhile and just stumbled upon this deal. Perhaps I'll see what they are asking for a M&P shield.

I have an LC9s. It's okay. Ruger is the lowest end brand that I trust. If I'm going somewhere that I know I'll have to leave my gun in the car, like a concert where I'm going to get wanded, I carry that. Because I'm not leaving my $1,000 CZ in the fucking car.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:57 AM 03-03-2019
Wheel guns don't jam.
Semi autos, that are used for CC should have a mirror finish on the feed ramps and the best mags money can buy for said hand gun. That alone should stop a lot if not all hiccups
[Reply]
Randallflagg 01:02 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Wheel guns don't jam.
Semi autos, that are used for CC should have a mirror finish on the feed ramps and the best mags money can buy for said hand gun. That alone should stop a lot if not all hiccups

Mags are the one item that I will NOT skimp on. Period, end of story. I use only Wilson Combat in my 1911. All I have ever used in it. Never had one hiccup. Never one.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:00 PM 03-03-2019
Mags are the one item that I will NOT skimp on. Period, end of story. I use only Wilson Combat in my 1911. All I have ever used in it. Never had one hiccup. Never one.
All of mine are either Wilson, Chip McCormick or Tripp Industries.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 03:32 PM 03-03-2019
I had the PF-9 and it was the second most unreliable firearm I've ever owned. It has known FTE issues that have never really been addressed by the company. When I had it, the fix for this known issue was to have Keltec send you a second leaf spring, and purchased a screw that was an 1/8th of an inch longer. Add the second leaf spring and THEN then gun functioned like it should.

By that time though... I had lost all confidence in that little gun and I traded it away for my SKS.

That said...

The only Kel-Tec I'll ever own is the Sub-2000. I have one and I fucking love that thing. I have never once had a single issue with it and I've pumped 3k rounds through it at this point.

[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 03:47 PM 03-03-2019
So I bought a Lyman electronic digital trigger pull gauge and tested the trigger pull on all the guns I have in the house i'm living in. If you don't have a trigger pull gauge, I recommend you buy one. I was happy with all the trigger pulls on all my pistols and rifles except for one rifle. It's my very nice, Winchester Model 70 chambered in 300 WSM. The trigger pull for this rifle is around 7 pounds, that's a little too much IMHO.

My EDC came out exceptionally good. I carry a Glock 23 but I have 9mm and .357sig KKM conversion barrels for it. Right now, I have the .357sig barrel in it. I installed a different trigger in it, a McNally trigger that is adjustable. Right now the trigger pull is right at 3lbs, maybe just a hair under, and the take up is short. I FREAKING LOVE THIS MCNALLY TRIGGER. I highly recommend one. It's basically a drop in trigger system.

https://www.mcnallystriggers.com
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 03:50 PM 03-03-2019
Originally Posted by MephistophelesJanx:
I had the PF-9 and it was the second most unreliable firearm I've ever owned. It has known FTE issues that have never really been addressed by the company. When I had it, the fix for this known issue was to have Keltec send you a second leaf spring, and purchased a screw that was an 1/8th of an inch longer. Add the second leaf spring and THEN then gun functioned like it should.

By that time though... I had lost all confidence in that little gun and I traded it away for my SKS.

That said...

The only Kel-Tec I'll ever own is the Sub-2000. I have one and I ****ing love that thing. I have never once had a single issue with it and I've pumped 3k rounds through it at this point.

I also have one of these...
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 03:57 PM 03-03-2019

I've got two Kel-tecs, the Sub 2000 (I recommend this gun) and a PMR 30. I'm happy with both guns. That said, I'm not sure I'd want a KT for an EDC. As for my personal recommendation on an EDC, I'd suggest going to your local gun range and seeing if you can try out a few guns? Many indoor gun ranges also have sell guns and they will let you demo the pistols. Just a recommendation.
[Reply]
jdubya 03:57 PM 03-03-2019
Ive shot over 1000 rds with no jams with my Glock 20 in 10mm without cleaning. Meanwhile my sons Kimber 1911 seems to jam routinely if he doesnt clean it every 20 rds or so. Much depends on if cheap ammo is used also combined with how finicky the model. I heard someone say Glocks are the Chevy 350`s of the gun world.....no matter how dirty they will always fire...
[Reply]
Page 144 of 341
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146147148154194244 > Last »
Up