ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 341
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Frazod 09:39 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Or. Do I want I do.

Get that gun and take your sweet ass time telling her.
Heh. It's not like I've never done that before.
[Reply]
Dunit35 09:41 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Heh. It's not like I've never done that before.
Haha. It’s been a while since I’ve done that. Sometimes I’ll show her a new gun and tell her I told her about it months ago.

That game doesn’t always work though.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:53 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Haha. It’s been a while since I’ve done that. Sometimes I’ll show her a new gun and tell her I told her about it months ago.

That game doesn’t always work though.
I mainly just don't like doing it, especially for a fairly expensive gun. Even if it is on sale, by the time I get done getting a holster for it, a couple of extra mags and a once over by my gunsmith (I never trust a 1911 to work right out of the box, no matter who made it or how much it costs-I've seen too many of them fail at matches), I'll have put $1,100+ into it. For a $300 LC9, sure. But not that.

Between the guns, my desktop computer rig and the Chiefs, I have some expensive hobbies and she really doesn't give me much grief over them. I'm quite fortunate in that regard.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:24 PM 02-27-2019
Just got my tax refund today. Fuck am I twitchy right now. It's not helping that one of my regular sites has a Springfield EMP on sale for $800.

But I promised the wife that after she didn't give me any grief for going to the AFC Championship Game, I wouldn't get any new guns this year. Or did I say "for a while"?

I'm sure I meant to say "for a while." :-)

I'm a little behind on getting TurboTax this year so I don't know what I'm getting back yet. I am hoping it is not as much as it has been (which I think should be the case with the new tax cut package) because I haven't been working much due to weather and should not be spending that money on a new 10mm pistol that is seductively calling my name like a hungry whore.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:37 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
I'm a little behind on getting TurboTax this year so I don't know what I'm getting back yet. I am hoping it is not as much as it has been (which I think should be the case with the new tax cut package) because I haven't been working much due to weather and should not be spending that money on a new 10mm pistol that is seductively calling my name like a hungry whore.
Don't you hate it when they do that? Damned hungry whores. :-)
[Reply]
Raiderhater 10:44 PM 02-27-2019
Don't you hate it when they do that? Damned hungry whores. :-)
"I need to be fed! Hey you! I'm opening up my chamber, go ahead and put a round in!"

Fucking bitches.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:21 AM 03-01-2019
Does anyone have any experience with Guns Midwest? Good, bad, or otherwise? They seem to have some decent deals.

https://www.gunsmidwest.com/
[Reply]
Frazod 10:53 AM 03-01-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Does anyone have any experience with Guns Midwest? Good, bad, or otherwise? They seem to have some decent deals.

Never heard of them. You looking for anything in particular?
[Reply]
Lzen 11:17 AM 03-01-2019
Never heard of them. You looking for anything in particular?
I have been wanting to get another carry gun but don't wanna spend a lot. Saw a Kel-Tec P11 for something like $173 on there.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:26 AM 03-01-2019
I have been wanting to get another carry gun but don't wanna spend a lot. Saw a Kel-Tec P11 for something like $173 on there.
A carry gun isn't something you cheap out on. And fuck Kel-Tec.

You can get a Walther Creed for around $250.
[Reply]
tmax63 02:17 PM 03-01-2019
I picked up an older Remington 700 in 30-06 a while back even though I already had one. Found a .243 barrel for it but have since decided to have it rechambered to 240 Weatherby just for giggles. An older 700 BDL in 240 just might turn out to be a lot of fun. Not going to have much money in it so what the hell.
[Reply]
Lzen 04:05 PM 03-01-2019
A carry gun isn't something you cheap out on. And **** Kel-Tec.

You can get a Walther Creed for around $250.
Just because it's cheap in price right now does not mean that I'm cheaping out on it. Here, watch this.

[Reply]
Frazod 04:53 PM 03-01-2019
Just because it's cheap in price right now does not mean that I'm cheaping out on it. Here, watch this.

I get the feeling that review was brought to us by Kel-Tec.

I'll just say this - I've spent a lot of time around people who are far more expert in the field of guns that I will ever be. I listen to what they say and try to do what they do.

And none of them own a Kel-Tec anything.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05:16 PM 03-01-2019
Do not ever carry a Kel-Tec for personal protection. Never. They are a good for a cheap gun to shoot and have fun with, but for personal defense, I would stay far away from using one for that.

I spent a ton of time running different guns in lots of different environments, and had tons of coworkers doing the same. None of us ever said, “Wow, glad I chose Kel-Tec for my load out this mission!”

That said, it’s your choice, and if you trust your life to it, go for it.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:20 PM 03-01-2019

Yeah. Mainly an online dealer.

I bought from him when he used to do local pickup out of his house. I was actually kinda sketched out, til I found out he lived down the road from Tom Watson. I forget the owners name (it was 4 years ago) but sadly he quit doing local pickup. Everything went flawless.

I'd buy all my guns from them if that wasn't the case.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 341
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146147153193243 > Last »
Up