ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 341
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 11:05 PM 12-09-2018
I have a 1916 Remington model 11 with military buckshot from Walmart should I ever have to Kill The Rabbit
[Reply]
srvy 06:19 AM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Agreed, people who say "the sound of a pump shotgun will scare away most people" have probably taken very little training or get their information from skeet shooting buddies.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
:-):-)
[Reply]
ghak99 09:16 AM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
Agreed, people who say "the sound of a pump shotgun will scare away most people" have probably taken very little training or get their information from skeet shooting buddies.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
:-)

Whole lot of wrong going on here.
[Reply]
ghak99 09:20 AM 12-10-2018
Go ahead and shoot your pistol in the dark and hope you connect. I'm clearing the hallway with buck from the bullpup.
[Reply]
bdj23 03:52 PM 12-10-2018
Picked up a Zastava Npap AK from the gun show for $700 out the door. Since my trip to the Balkans I've been kinda a nerd for yugo history.

https://www.apexgunparts.com/balkan-...s-is.html.html

Ordered these to go along with it. Just need some bakelite mags and tactical string to wrap the folding stock.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:14 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by ghak99:
Go ahead and shoot your pistol in the dark and hope you connect. I'm clearing the hallway with buck from the bullpup.
There’s many reasons a handgun is the best tool for inside-a-home self defense, for example it’s generally right next to you (mine is literally within arms length of my sleeping spot on my bed), a handgun allows you to keep one hand free to hold a flashlight or open a door, etc., a handgun is generally not a high powered round that will go through a wall or walls and kill your neighbor by accident. That’s just a few reasons a handgun is the best tool for inside-a-home self defense.

One more thing: if you are firing any gun “in the dark” you are taking a huge chance you’re NOT shooting the bad guy, in fact, you may be shooting a family member.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:18 PM 12-10-2018
Better be a long goddamn hallway. Shot doesn't expand as quickly as most people think.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 08:34 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
These are my reasons for going the handgun route for home defense. Unless you live in a wide open house navigating a longer firearm through doors and around corners goes in the minus column for me. I also don't like the idea of an intruder knowing I'm on to them with the sound of a pump. I want firepower AND the element of surprise.
Yep, going around corners and working in small or tight spaces are more good reasons for a handgun for inside-a-home self defense...
[Reply]
ghak99 09:47 PM 12-10-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Better be a long goddamn hallway. Shot doesn't expand as quickly as most people think.
They're good sized. I can shoot over 30 yards with my bow inside if I slide a couch over a foot or so. That's from the master bedroom door to the entry door attached to the garage. Second entry is around 2/3 that distance.

After patterning outside, I think I can hit the walls of the longer of the two hallways with the smaller shot when shooting end to end with a 3" felted mixed 00/4 stack, but the recoil is brutal and they're probably slightly over pressured. The pattern hasn't had time to develop at the second closer entry, but it's almost big enough to cover shoulder to shoulder on man targets. I can easily get something like a T shot show goose load to pepper the hell out of the walls and completely cover the hallway if a guy was willing to back down on the lethality of the first shot.

I've also put a box in the wall at the master entry to control lighting in the far hallway, but have not pulled the wiring yet. Once thats done it'll be a dark to daylight target with can lights angled toward the door. Before someone calls me completely paranoid, this also allows me to get out of the house during duck season at 3am without turning various lights on and risking waking up the devil.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:51 AM 12-11-2018
I’m telling you guys, get an SBR chambered in .300 BLK with subsonic rounds. It will make you moist.
[Reply]
ghak99 08:28 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by mac459:
I’m telling you guys, get an SBR chambered in .300 BLK with subsonic rounds. It will make you moist.
This is probably my next build, if I ever get around to cutting the lowers.
[Reply]
Otter 08:47 AM 12-11-2018
My honeymoon video...

[Reply]
Randallflagg 09:31 AM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by Otter:
My honeymoon video...

Watch out for glass!!
:-)
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 12:50 PM 12-11-2018
This is probably my next build, if I ever get around to cutting the lowers.
I need to send my collection of 80% lowers to my cousin and have him use his CNC machine to mill them out for me. With the holidays here I keep buying more but not doing anything with them.

You will enjoy the 300 BLK, I really enjoy shooting mine.
[Reply]
bigjosh 03:44 PM 12-11-2018
Originally Posted by mac459:
I need to send my collection of 80% lowers to my cousin and have him use his CNC machine to mill them out for me. With the holidays here I keep buying more but not doing anything with them.

You will enjoy the 300 BLK, I really enjoy shooting mine.

Shhhh, the ATF is listening.
[Reply]
Page 137 of 341
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187237 > Last »
Up