ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 460
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:43 PM 02-21-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Mickelson was absolutely on fire today.

Shot a 62 to take the tournament by the throat.
I hope he loses...don't really like Mickelson, or FIGJAM as he's called on Tour.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:45 PM 02-21-2009
Can't wait for Tiger's return, though.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:58 PM 02-21-2009
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I hope he loses...don't really like Mickelson, or FIGJAM as he's called on Tour.
Yes, because an unsourced article written by some douchebag at GQ is rock-solid journalism.

tard.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:03 AM 02-22-2009
Yes, because an unsourced article written by some douchebag at GQ is rock-solid journalism.

tard.

:-)

He's a good guy. Just a little goofy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:42 AM 02-22-2009

tard.
Keep telling yourself that, FIGJAM fan.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:44 AM 02-22-2009
All lies I guess:

Originally Posted by :
8. Phil Mickelson

Last August at the PGA Championship at Baltusrol, in New Jersey, a reporter turned to a golfer on the tour and said of Phil Mickelson, “Man, the fans here love Phil.” The golfer replied, “They don’t know him the way we do.” It blew our minds a little when we heard this, since Mickelson ranks among the most admired golfers in America. But today the same reporter makes his case bluntly: “Phil Mickelson literally has no friends out there. He annoys everybody.”

Mickelson has earned many nicknames on the Tour, but our favorite is FIGJAM (Fuck, I’m good—just ask me). “There are a bunch of pros who think he and his whole smiley, happy face are a fraud,” another reporter says. “They think he’s preening and insincere.” Mickelson has aggressively pursued a family-man image that is crucial to his success as an endorser. In 1999, when he nearly won the U.S. Open, Mickelson wore a beeper onto the fairway to alert him when his wife went into labor. If the beeper went off during the final round, he announced, he would simply walk off the course. Some of Mickelson’s peers, smelling a PR stunt, badly wanted to call his bluff. “Everybody’s saying, ‘Oh God, I want that beeper to go off,’ ” recalls one writer. (It didn’t.)

In 2003, Mickelson violated multiple taboos when he told a reporter that Tiger Woods was playing with “inferior equipment” and that he envied Mickelson’s longer drives from the tee. Woods was infuriated. “You just don’t say shit like that in golf,” says a reporter. (To be fair, another reporter says, “Phil was right.”)

Shortly before the 2004 Ryder Cup, though, Mickelson abruptly switched from Titleist to Callaway equipment. He left himself little time to get used to the new balls and clubs. “It wasn’t in the best interest of the team,” says a reporter. “The only thing that it was in the best interest of was his financial gain.” The contract paid a reported $7 million to $10 million annually. “What it did was set up a bull’s-eye on him if he played poorly,” says a different reporter. “Which he did.”

Most recently, Mickelson blew off the 2005 Tour Championship, though the PGA was in the midst of negotiating its new TV contract. One reporter says, “The Tour was trying to come up with a plan that would make the networks happy, so it wouldn’t have to give back a lot of money, and here’s the number three player in the world skipping the premier season-ending event. Other players said, ‘How about helping the rest of us who aren’t as rich?’ ” Adds another reporter: “It’s like not showing up for somebody’s wedding.”

[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 12:46 AM 02-22-2009
Hamas is no fan of Mickelson.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:46 AM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
Hamas is no fan of Mickelson.
Then why defend him?
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:02 AM 02-22-2009
Then why defend him?
I think he explained himself rather well. An unsourced article etc..
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:30 AM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I think he explained himself rather well. An unsourced article etc..
So he's not a Phil fan, yet he became emotional enough to insult both the writer of the article and me. Well okay.

Even if none of it's true, I still don't like Phil.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 01:38 AM 02-22-2009
So he's not a Phil fan, yet he became emotional enough to insult both the writer of the article and me. Well okay.

Even if none of it's true, I still don't like Phil.
Emotional? :-)

I'll let you take that up with him.
[Reply]
kstater 02:51 PM 02-22-2009
Mickleson spraying it all over the place.
[Reply]
smittysbar 03:15 PM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by kstater:
Mickleson spraying it all over the place.
Is he still in the lead?
[Reply]
kstater 03:17 PM 02-22-2009
Originally Posted by smittysbar:
Is he still in the lead?
Down to one.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:29 PM 02-22-2009
Mickelson's problem is that he can never play more than 6 consecutive holes of good golf. His swing is too long, too steep, he's too far across the line, and his leg action is too inconsistent. In order for him to get rid of the sprays even with his improved swing he'd have to hit as many balls as Vijay Singh.

The good thing for him is that he has a slew of birdie holes on the back, and he plays the back 9 better than the front on this course.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 460
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108158 > Last »
Up