ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 345 of 460
« First < 245295335341342343344345 346347348349355395445 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:29 PM 04-13-2019
I stood about 5 feet from Tiger at Hazeltine in 2003. Never tried to touch me.Must not have had the right skirt on. :-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:35 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:

[Reply]
srvy 07:37 PM 04-13-2019
I think rivaldo is in love with Tiger.

KC Chiefs forum and is upset over a golf thread post count.:-)
[Reply]
Rivaldo 07:59 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:

[Reply]
Rivaldo 08:43 PM 04-13-2019
It is generally a football forum, frequented by narrow-focused goofs, and it's predictable that a potentially historic golf tournament receives zero attention here.

Brandel Chamblee just earlier on Golf Channel's Masters Live talking about how no one has ever overcome so much, and that this is the greatest comeback in the history of golf. Explaining why it is better than Ben Hogan's recovery from injuries suffered in an auto accident, saying, "Ben Hogan healed. Bones heal. He didn't die, and he was in the prime of his career. He was playing the best golf of his life. When Tiger went under the knife, he was playing the worst golf of his life. His life was in complete disarray. He had to reassemble his reputation. He had to reassemble his body. He had to reassemble his mind. He had to dig up the buried remains of his short-game, then chisel through a wall of doubt. Nobody! Nobody has ever overcome the chipping yips, and all the scandal, the embarrassments, and come back with great dignity, great humility, changed the way he deals with people, changed the way he deals with the media, changed his game, and overcome all of that. In the United States we love a good comeback story. We love somebody who has recognized mistakes they've made. The speech that he gave to the golf writer's association on Wednesday night, in recognition of the Ben Hogan award, has writers apoplectic about how eloquent he was, about how articulate he was."

Nothing to see here though, not of interest to CP.

Nicklaus missed but 2 tournaments for injury his entire career, and never dealt with the additional stresses Tiger's faced, self-imposed or otherwise.

It's a monumental story in the world of sports.
[Reply]
milkman 09:17 PM 04-13-2019
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
It is generally a football forum, frequented by narrow-focused goofs, and it's predictable that a potentially historic golf tournament receives zero attention here.

Brandel Chamblee just earlier on Golf Channel's Masters Live talking about how no one has ever overcome so much, and that this is the greatest comeback in the history of golf. Explaining why it is better than Ben Hogan's recovery from injuries suffered in an auto accident, saying, "Ben Hogan healed. Bones heal. He didn't die, and he was in the prime of his career. He was playing the best golf of his life. When Tiger went under the knife, he was playing the worst golf of his life. His life was in complete disarray. He had to reassemble his reputation. He had to reassemble his body. He had to reassemble his mind. He had to dig up the buried remains of his short-game, then chisel through a wall of doubt. Nobody! Nobody has ever overcome the chipping yips, and all the scandal, the embarrassments, and come back with great dignity, great humility, changed the way he deals with people, changed the way he deals with the media, changed his game, and overcome all of that. In the United States we love a good comeback story. We love somebody who has recognized mistakes they've made. The speech that he gave to the golf writer's association on Wednesday night, in recognition of the Ben Hogan award, has writers apoplectic about how eloquent he was, about how articulate he was."

Nothing to see here though, not of interest to CP.

Nicklaus missed but 2 tournaments for injury his entire career, and never dealt with the additional stresses Tiger's faced, self-imposed or otherwise.

It's a monumental story in the world of sports.
Nobody cares.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:13 AM 04-14-2019
Like him or hate him - there is nothing like Tiger in the last pairing at Augusta. So stoked to get up at 5:45 tomorrow!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:00 AM 04-14-2019
Still not sure if they are getting it all in today. Line is past Atlanta. Not sure of speed yet.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:51 AM 04-14-2019
all of a sudden-everyone goes to hell.

Finau, woods, molinari, koepka all have crap shots

Finau is 6ft 4. WOW.
[Reply]
O.city 08:56 AM 04-14-2019
Just get to 12 tee in striking distance and you have a chance
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:01 AM 04-14-2019
Tournament looks over. Molinari just flat doesn’t bogey. I don’t see how anyone makes up 3 strokes.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:08 AM 04-14-2019
molinari cannot hit shots like that anymore
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:12 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
I need to see him bogey before I believe his long game matters.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:14 AM 04-14-2019
The difficulty of this chip for Molinari is huge. If he pars this hole, I’m making other plans.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:16 AM 04-14-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
This. Lol
[Reply]
Page 345 of 460
« First < 245295335341342343344345 346347348349355395445 > Last »
Up