ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 159 of 341
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Dunit35 03:58 PM 08-18-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, my annual bonus hit the ol' bank account today, and I was ready to pull the trigger on this, so to speak. Went to the gun store and had my wallet out ready to buy. But then I asked if I could test fire the 43x and the 48, which is basically the same gun but with a slightly longer barrel (basically a single stack 19).

I had seen one YouTube video where the guy said the thought the 43x sucked because it constantly shot left. Well, that was my experience with both of them. At 10 yards, with a 1' square target, I only had one hit out of five with 43x, and even that was way off the mark. With the 48, I hit the paper three times, but they were all left. Just to make sure it wasn't just me, I shot three rounds with the CZ I was carrying, and those formed a perfect 2" triangle group around the bullseye.

So I'm taking a pass on both. They don't shoot nearly as well as my CZ or my 19.
I picked up a 48 on the Blue label discount. It did shoot a bit left but I was still nailing steel from 30 yards out. Probably a stomach size area. I’ll take that. I’ll be getting rid of the horrible Glock sights shortly.

Picked up a Vedder OWB Holster and Streamlight TLR6. Probably going to carry it at my bank security job.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:20 PM 08-22-2019
Finally went to the range today to start practicing my left handed shooting. I started off with the new XDm10 so I wouldn’t have to worry about trying to manipulate a slide safety designed for a right handed shooter. As I’ve never shot weak side before that gun beat the hell out of me and, as expected, my accuracy was all over the place. The much better than expected trigger I experienced the first time I shot it felt like a typical DAO trigger in my left hand. Of course that, along with the beating I took is primarily a strength issue that will be resolved with continued shooting and accuracy will start to improve at that point - with that gun. I also brought the Delta Elite so I could a run a few mags through it as well just because I love it. Low and behold my accuracy suddenly turned quite respectable. There were a few of those Super Trooper, “What, that little guy? I wouldn’t worry about that little guy” shots that stayed on paper but were definitely removed from the grouping. So more practice is absolutely in order before I can consider carrying it and, even though it was respectable for the first time shooting weak side some shrinking of the groupings a little should also be a priority. And I’ll need practice in working the slide safety positioned on the “wrong” side. But I feel much more confident about getting to the pointing carrying on my left after today.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 07:34 PM 08-22-2019
I also got try out the new range bag I purchased after my last trip to the range, and I am a fan. The “Handgunner” Backpack by G-outdoors. I love all the space to carry everything you need, but mostly I love the pull out foam stand that holds up to 4 handguns. This thing is slick.

http://www.goutdoorsproducts.com/pro...nner-backpack/
[Reply]
Frazod 09:11 AM 08-27-2019
Just ordered one of these bad boys:

Had my eye on it for a long time, and CDNN was selling them for under $500. Couldn't resist.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:25 AM 08-27-2019
Just ordered one of these bad boys:

Had my eye on it for a long time, and CDNN was selling them for under $500. Couldn't resist.
I have the PPX, but I can say that I think you're going to love that PPQ...
[Reply]
Frazod 10:13 AM 08-27-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
I have the PPX, but I can say that I think you're going to love that PPQ...
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I've heard nothing but good things.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:54 PM 08-31-2019
Picked up the PPQ this morning and installed Trijicon night sights. Off to the range shortly for its inaugural run. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 02:04 PM 08-31-2019
Picked up the PPQ this morning and installed Trijicon night sights. Off to the range shortly for its inaugural run. :-)
20 rounds at 10 yards. Works for me.

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:51 PM 08-31-2019
Nice. Are you left or right handed? I’m guessing you’re right handed.
[Reply]
Frazod 04:15 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Nice. Are you left or right handed? I’m guessing you’re right handed.
Right.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:21 PM 08-31-2019

We're you doing that blindfolded?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:24 PM 08-31-2019

Yeah, they fit my hand and don't jam. Mine's in 9mm, and I wish I had done .45. It was a money decision and I knew I had kids to teach. (that was me making an excuse...)
[Reply]
Frazod 07:32 PM 08-31-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Yeah, they fit my hand and don't jam. Mine's in 9mm, and I wish I had done .45. It was a money decision and I knew I had kids to teach. (that was me making an excuse...)
Yeah, I love it. The ergonomics are great, the slide is like butter and the trigger reset is amazing. Sure doesn't feel like a .45 when I'm shooting it. Except for the big ass holes it makes. :-)
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:02 PM 08-31-2019
Took my wife out to our range today. Told her I’d give her a $100 if she could hit a child sized torso from 50 yards. She nails it both times with my Glock 48. Forgot she was a decent shot.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:24 PM 09-01-2019
Came across this on YouTube just now. It's apparently not available in the U.S. yet, and when it is it will retail for around $5,000, but holy shit.....

All I can say is

[Reply]
Page 159 of 341
« First < 59109149155156157158159 160161162163169209259 > Last »
Up