ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 126
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Media Center>Superman/Batman movie coming in 2015
tk13 11:50 AM 07-20-2013

---

Originally Posted by :
After decades of fighting evil solo, Batman and Superman will finally be teaming up on the big screen, sources confirm to The Hollywood Reporter.

Man of Steel director Zack Snyder will direct the tentpole with Henry Cavill returning as Superman. It is unclear who will play Batman in the new film. A release date of 2015 has been set, with a Flash movie appearing in 2016 and a Justice League movie in 2017.

Snyder's Man of Steel, which rebooted the Superman franchise, has grossed north of $600 million worldwide since it hit theaters this June.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...-league-589521

Originally Posted by :
Warner Bros. is about to bring together two of its most iconic heroes: Superman and Batman will unite in a new film, the follow-up to “Man of Steel,” set for release in 2015.

According to two sources with knowledge of the movie, Warner Bros. intends to announce the news at its Comic-Con International panel Saturday morning. Said a Warner Bros. spokesperson, “We don’t comment on rumors regarding these properties.”

“Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder is expected to reunite with screenwriter David S. Goyer and star Henry Cavill for the new film. It’s unlikely Christian Bale will step back into the bat suit, as the actor has indicated publicly that he has moved on from his days as Bruce Wayne.

“Man of Steel” producer and “Dark Knight” trilogy director Christopher Nolan is expected by some to produce the project, but the exact nature of his involvement is unclear.

The move marks the culmination of years of effort on the part of Warner Bros. and DC Comics to bring their superheroes together in a similar fashion to their primary competitor Marvel, which successfully combined its superheroes into a $1.5-billion box-office hit with “The Avengers.”

In the comic world, the two heroes are teaming up in a new series, “Batman/Superman,” by writer Greg Pak and artist Jae Lee.
http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movie...-man-of-steel/
[Reply]
RobBlake 12:41 AM 05-30-2014
need a bizzaro
[Reply]
lcarus 07:26 AM 05-30-2014
I think I'm the only one who doesn't hate the Bale Batman voice. He was trying to hide his identity after all.
[Reply]
tk13 11:00 AM 06-14-2014
http://www.slashfilm.com/aquaman-jas...wn-of-justice/

Jason Momoa has been cast as Aquaman. In this movie.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:05 AM 06-14-2014
Aquaman is going to be in this too? Just call it justice league.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:09 PM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Aquaman is going to be in this too? Just call it justice league.
Yea....hopefully they are not overstuffing it. But my guess is that it will be a small role.

Its interesting....WB probably felt like MoS underperformed relative to its budget. So they panic a bit and decide to bring in some big guns to help him out. Basically copying the Marvel success.

I hope it works out. I really liked MoS, and I'd love to see them get this right.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:14 PM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Yea....hopefully they are not overstuffing it. But my guess is that it will be a small role.

Its interesting....WB probably felt like MoS underperformed relative to its budget. So they panic a bit and decide to bring in some big guns to help him out. Basically copying the Marvel success.

I hope it works out. I really liked MoS, and I'd love to see them get this right.
Posted via Mobile Device
I wouldn't expect much considering Nolan isn't as involved as much as he was in MoS.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:15 PM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by tk13:
http://www.slashfilm.com/aquaman-jas...wn-of-justice/

Jason Momoa has been cast as Aquaman. In this movie.
Lol, that's the kiss of death right there. Momoa was good as Ronon Dex in Stargate: Atlantis and fantastic as Khal Drogo in GoT. Everything else has been pure shit.

DC is going to go up in flames wth this endeavor. They'll still make a boatload of cash, but this is just going to be an unmitigated disaster.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 03:04 PM 06-14-2014
"Everything else"? What else has he done? Conan, and Baywatch. This seems perfect casting both for him, and for the character, who really needs to break out of the running-joke status he has now. I'd even say this is a coup for DC, to get Aquaman on screen before Marvel gets around to putting out the Sub-Mariner.

I suspect he, Green Lantern, Flash, and even Wonder Woman will have small, set-up roles to get them ready for Justice League in 2017, like Hawkeye had in Thor, or Black Widow had in Iron Man 2. I don't expect much from this series at all - the success or failure of superhero movies as legitimate rests firmly on Marvel's shoulders either way - but it won't hurt.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:31 PM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by Aries Walker:
"Everything else"? What else has he done? Conan, and Baywatch. This seems perfect casting both for him, and for the character, who really needs to break out of the running-joke status he has now. I'd even say this is a coup for DC, to get Aquaman on screen before Marvel gets around to putting out the Sub-Mariner.

I suspect he, Green Lantern, Flash, and even Wonder Woman will have small, set-up roles to get them ready for Justice League in 2017, like Hawkeye had in Thor, or Black Widow had in Iron Man 2. I don't expect much from this series at all - the success or failure of superhero movies as legitimate rests firmly on Marvel's shoulders either way - but it won't hurt.
He's type cast. He's the brooding killer guy. Not what I pictured Aquaman to be, but whatever. You may be right in DC trying to get over on Marvel by getting Aquaman out before Marvel can do a Namor story, but these are both second tier characters imho, so what impact will it really have to make a bad casting just to try to one up Marvel?

Maybe the problem is that I have zero faith in them getting these stories right?
[Reply]
Ragged Robin 03:34 PM 06-14-2014

Originally Posted by Bowser:
He's type cast. He's the brooding killer guy. Not what I pictured Aquaman to be, but whatever. You may be right in DC trying to get over on Marvel by getting Aquaman out before Marvel can do a Namor story, but these are both second tier characters imho, so what impact will it really have to make a bad casting just to try to one up Marvel?

Maybe the problem is that I have zero faith in them getting these stories right?
I guess no blonde-beach-boy Aquaman anymore? I honestly don't like how they're casting all these known or established actors for every single one of these roles.. way too easy to typecast and get wrong. They should be pulling lesser known actors that are more like the characters themselves.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 04:57 PM 06-14-2014
no Adrian Grenier?
[Reply]
Aries Walker 06:32 PM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
And justifiably so.
[Reply]
Aries Walker 06:38 PM 06-14-2014
Originally Posted by Ragged Robin:
I guess no blonde-beach-boy Aquaman anymore? I honestly don't like how they're casting all these known or established actors for every single one of these roles.. way too easy to typecast and get wrong. They should be pulling lesser known actors that are more like the characters themselves.
Although Cavill was a relative unknown, yeah, they peppered Man of Steel with headliners. They seem to have reined it in a bit with this one, although I think Momoa may be the first of that movie's casting that I can get even a little behind. Maybe Jeremy Irons as Alfred.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:05 PM 06-14-2014
Although Cavill was a relative unknown, yeah, they peppered Man of Steel with headliners. They seem to have reined it in a bit with this one, although I think Momoa may be the first of that movie's casting that I can get even a little behind. Maybe Jeremy Irons as Alfred.
I thought Cavill def looked the part even if the movie was so so imo...
[Reply]
007 09:18 AM 06-15-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I thought Cavill def looked the part even if the movie was so so imo...
He had a few Christopher Reeve moments in the movie as well. Don't know if that was intentional but I liked that.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 126
« First < 212728293031 323334354181 > Last »
Up