ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3267 of 3903
« First < 2267276731673217325732633264326532663267 32683269327032713277331733673767 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
petegz28 10:06 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
We spent a lot of time one semester in bioethics on vaccinations and medications etc

Definitely a tough subject

How am I not respecting where they’re coming from? If people have concerns, that’s fine. With the data and stuff I’ve read, I am not sure they would, it’s very strong.

I haven’t ever said anything about any mandates or such.
You have spent the last hour or so arguing about people's personal choices being irrelevant, etc. The way you are coming off is you think people should have to take the vaccine. I haven't seen you say "well they should but if they don't then it's on them" or anything to that effect. If I am wrong about that than I am wrong about that but you have not really conveyed that sentiment.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:20 PM 12-08-2020
...this is a virus, not a disease.

why do people keep referring to it as that?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:21 PM 12-08-2020
I will respect people’s reluctance to get the vaccine up to a year. But after that fuck em as long as there are no issues with the vaccines.

As far as mandates go I don’t think you will see them at least in the beginning. But I imagine if you were to travel overseas the other country will force you to have it to come into their country and we should be doing the same.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:22 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
...this is a virus, not a disease.

why do people keep referring to it as that?
It is a disease caused by a virus.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:23 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I will respect people’s reluctance to get the vaccine up to a year. But after that **** em as long as there are no issues with the vaccines because I will choose to get vaccinated and I will not be worried if someone else didn't.

As far as mandates go I don’t think you will see them at least in the beginning. But I imagine if you were to travel overseas the other country will force you to have it to come into their country and we should be doing the same.
FYP for you...
[Reply]
stevieray 10:24 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It is a disease caused by a virus.
It's a virus..it's airborne.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:25 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by stevieray:
It's a virus..it's airborne.
The virus causes a disease...I am just giving you the answer to your question.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...that-causes-it
[Reply]
petegz28 10:27 PM 12-08-2020
As far as mandates go I think you will see few places mandating it out of the gate. Most likely care facilities and meat packing plants as they have been the absolute core of clusters across the country.

Probably some health care places will mandate early as well but not as many as people might think.

Eventually I think you will see more and more employers requiring it. I think once the initial waves are done and you get the people who voluntarily want it out of the way then it will start.
[Reply]
O.city 10:31 PM 12-08-2020
You have spent the last hour or so arguing about people's personal choices being irrelevant, etc. The way you are coming off is you think people should have to take the vaccine. I haven't seen you say "well they should but if they don't then it's on them" or anything to that effect. If I am wrong about that than I am wrong about that but you have not really conveyed that sentiment.
People’s personal choices are irrelevant? I said that? Not sure about that one pete

Maybe read what I’ve said?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:39 PM 12-08-2020
FYP for you...
I won’t be stressed worried but I will think they are stupid idiots. Like my gf’s family who all say they aren’t ever taking it. Which is fine because then we won’t have to go see them until we get more information about immunity etc
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:43 PM 12-08-2020
I won’t be stressed worried but I will think they are stupid idiots. Like my gf’s family who all say they aren’t ever taking it. Which is fine because then we won’t have to go see them until we get more information about immunity etc
Good luck with that. You'll be single before long.

And no, I'm not being facetious. You'll have to find a compromise. Short of cases like sexual abuse, females don't ever cut off their family.
[Reply]
petegz28 10:45 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
People’s personal choices are irrelevant? I said that? Not sure about that one pete

Maybe read what I’ve said?
I said that's how you are coming off. Franky if someone chooses or doesn't choose to get the vaccine isn't of a concern to me. I am choosing to get it at some point as for various reasons I do not need it. That being said I would encourage people to get the vaccine. But at the end of the day those who get the vaccine no longer need to worry about those who don't. It turns into the flu for argument sake. No more need to wear masks. No more need to kill businesses. No more need to keep our kids out of school. If you are afraid you will get infected then get the virus. If you aren't or otherwise choose not too then you live with the consequences.

The people who choose not to get the vaccine can no longer spread to those who do so I would say that puts on the back to normal track for the most part.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:48 PM 12-08-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Good luck with that. You'll be single before long.

And no, I'm not being facetious. You'll have to find a compromise. Short of cases like sexual abuse, females don't ever cut off their family.
Not an issue because my gf thinks they are stupid too. :-). We haven’t been around her mom or anti vaxx sister since last Christmas and they both live 1 hr away from us.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:48 PM 12-08-2020
The virus causes a disease...I am just giving you the answer to your question.

https://www.who.int/emergencies/dise...that-causes-it
That makes no sense.

It basically states they gave the disease the name of covid... but what
is the disease?
[Reply]
petegz28 10:49 PM 12-08-2020
Not an issue because my gf thinks they are stupid too. 😀. We haven’t been around her mom or anti vaxx sister since last Christmas.
So get your arm stuck and don't worry about it.
[Reply]
Page 3267 of 3903
« First < 2267276731673217325732633264326532663267 32683269327032713277331733673767 > Last »
Up