ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Nzoner's Game Room>To extend Tyrann or not to...
BossChief 08:13 PM 04-06-2021
Tyrann posted something interesting today...

https://twitter.com/mathieu_era/stat...154661892?s=21

Tyrann

You cannot show me that I’m an option, I’ll show you I have others...

Sorry, not sure how to embed from iPhone.

That tweet can mean many things, but it could be correlated to his contract negotiations for an extension in KC that Veach has mentioned is a priority this offseason. It could be related to a relationship, family member, bowling league or wing eating contest.

It’s plausible that the tweet is a public response to the team not wanting to pay a massive AAV to re-sign Tyrann and using other free agent and draft options as reasons they don’t NEED to re-sign him (this is business, nothing more) to try to drive down the price.

Let’s talk about it...

Some pros of extending his contract:

Clears a nice chunk of cap space this offseason.
Keeps a leader in the locker room as well as in the secondary.
Continues to provide the defense with a guy that consistently takes the ball away.

Some cons to an extension for Tyrann:

Once he loses a step, he’s not going to be nearly as effective at his size, he’s already not a burner. He will still be good due to prep snd instincts, but will be beaten more once he loses a step.
Any extension would start after he turns 30. He’s currently signed through age 29 this year.
Judging from his last contract negotiation with us, he wants top of the market money. Most likely a 3 year extension. Something close to 3/48. If structured right, I’d extend him for 3 years...even at that price. The structure would need to give the team options if he falls off.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:51 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
He's gonna cost a shit ton of $

So will Brown.

Are the Chiefs gonna have enough cap space to pay everyone?
Pay Honey Badger so the D. won't suck and pay Brown so our Oline won't get Mahomes killed. Win, win situation.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:18 PM 07-02-2021
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
He's gonna cost a shit ton of $

So will Brown.

Are the Chiefs gonna have enough cap space to pay everyone?
Well, according to over the cap we have $19.1 Million in cap space in 2022 as of now. We can make Hutchins and Clark both post June 1st cuts freeing up $8.5 Million and $19.5 Million respectively. That is $47 Million in cap space, give or take, in 2022.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up