ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 192
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Chiefer89 01:54 PM 03-23-2022
It's not as if We've been unsuccessful without Hill. We still put up points without him in the lineup.

The bottom line is we get extra draft capital to shore up other areas of need. Juju & Hardman are guys who can make a difference too.

I will miss him. But we just weren't in a position to give him the money he wanted.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:55 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This actually isn't true. It's a 1-year deal. There's no cap hit next year at all.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/kansas-c...chuster-21804/
Not-likely-to-be-earned incentives count against the following year's cap when they're earned. This doesn't reflect that.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:56 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
What rookie WR's are you talking about? Hardman? The LATE 2nd round pick that only had 2 years of experience at WR? That guy?

Or LATE 5th round pick Powell?

We talking about Tyreek Hill who was a goddamn RB coming out of college?

Who are these rookie WR's that Reid failed to develop?
At TE O'Shaugnessy, then Chessun, Conley and D'AT. Not counting Da'Ron Brown or other 7th round / UDFA guys that aren't coming to mind when it feels like only Pringle managed to contribute.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:57 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The whole Andy Reid and rookie WR thing is overblown.

Tyreek and Hardman were basically gadget guys in year 1 learning how to play the position on top of learning the scheme and they both had over 500 yards.

Whatever WR we draft will likely be a more polished WR.
Reid took a 5th round RB and turned him into a WR so prolific people are cutting themselves over his trade.

He took a late 2nd rnd WR with 2 years of experience at the position and turned him into a solid 500+ yard a season receiver.

I'm trying to find this rookie receiver he FAILED to develop. Because i see some goddamn abnormal success, not failures.

I would LOVE to see what Reid/Mahomes can do with an actual polished receiver.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:58 PM 03-23-2022

The Chiefs are in preliminary talks to acquire Seattle’s DK Metcalf, per @RonBillmery pic.twitter.com/56oNXF1iy9

— Ballsack Sports ®  (@BallsackSports) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
-King- 01:58 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
He's not even going to be able to spend all that money so yeah he basically is screwing the Chiefs. Be honest with yourself buddy.
Neither is Mahomes. He could have signed a quarter of a billion dollar contract but he didn't. I mean that's a few less yachts he can afford but I don't think he'll ever spend his half a billion dollar contract. Is he fucking over the chiefs? Or is Hill the only one expected to take discounts?
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:59 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Ban this fuck.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:59 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Well nobody is replacing Tyreek beyond filling the spot for a 80% of all offensive snaps as a receiver.

Replicating Gronk / Aaron Hernandez with Kelce and an analogue to Hernandez (hopefully without the criminality)
at TE isn't replacing Tyreek, but it certainly fills a void with pass catchers.
Possibly although everyone was high on Noah Gray as a rookie entering last season and he had a minimal impact.

It has historically been very difficult for rookie skill position players to have immediate impacts in Andy Reid's offense.
[Reply]
Stinger 01:59 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
As I process this....I am depressed.

Maybe Veatch thinks he can win no matter who is in the system.

I hope so.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

As for Andy Reid and the @Chiefs , the WR spot is a replaceable position in that system. Reid spent his formative coaching years with Mike Holmgren with the @packers and the general belief was that the scheme/QB creates the WR. No need for a 1st rounder either.. #NFLDraft

— Bucky Brooks (@BuckyBrooks) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
RunKC 01:59 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
What does that have to do with the Chiefs failing to upgrade their WR position last offseason and now having faith that they can get it right this offseason when the stakes are much higher without Tyreek?

And if you think that the struggles of the Chiefs non-Tyreek WR's didn't impact the second half collapse in the AFC Championship Game then you weren't watching the game.

DRob in OT anyone?
And now that the trade is done we have an excellent chance to load up on pass rushers and receivers in a draft that is strong in both areas.

It sucks losing Hill but if we keep him we’re cap strapped with no picks. Now we can fix our pass rush and get a decent WR to add to Kelce, Juju and Hardman.

Mahomes isn’t going to fall apart with that roster
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:00 PM 03-23-2022
It’s kind of crazy.

The Chiefs took a chance on a 5th round pick with a guy who had off the field concerns.

They then get insane production for that player for several years then flip him for 5 picks, including a first and second.

Lord only knows what those 5 picks will lead to.

Talk about getting some fucking value out of a 5th.

Think about it that way. It’ll make you feel better.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:00 PM 03-23-2022
Keep in mind we said the same exact thing about OL. Veach will have a different mindset now that his back against the wall. Keep in mind Hardman was largely brought in as insurance for tyreek so even that pick was brought in with a different mindset.
[Reply]
ChiTown 02:00 PM 03-23-2022
Dude............stop
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 02:00 PM 03-23-2022
Ballsack fucking sports.

Jesus christ dude.

So sick of morons posting fake fucking Twitter accounts on here. Look for the goddamn blue checkmark. It's not that hard.
[Reply]
jallmon 02:00 PM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I know it’ll get spun into me being a homer, but I’m excited, because I’m a draftubator nut.

I fully accept that the Chiefs might be worse off his year, but it’s not about 1 year.

This is the start of Veach’s new 3-5 year plan. I’m honestly excited for it.
Yes!:-)
[Reply]
Page 55 of 192
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up