ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 192
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:05 AM 03-23-2022
Couldn't even leverage the Jets interest into a worthwhile pick next year. Veach got his shit pushed in by an echidna in this one.
[Reply]
DTVietnam 11:05 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
I am 100% not trolling but I have to ask... There is a certain player that likes to play with legends... PM will be a legend if he is not already. Will AB be in a Chiefs uniform next year....
AB already said he wants to play for the Browns. .
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:05 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by R8RFAN:
Only a Die Hard Chiefs fan could say trading away a top 3 WR in the NFL will make his team better :-)
yeah because KC has no other leverage or draft stock.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:05 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Anyone else more upset at Hill than the Chiefs?

I have no problem wanting to get paid but the lack of loyalty after all him and this franchise has been through is astonishing.

I'm really glad I don't have a 10 jersey. It'd be hard to look at right now.
Yeah, at least Greinke wanted to play for a real Major League team. Hill is going to a worse team with a gimp for a QB.

I wonder how Mahomes feels about this trade.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:06 AM 03-23-2022
We were getting the value for one year of Hill’s services. It’s obvious that Hill would have held out if we franchise tag him. He wasn’t staying.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 11:06 AM 03-23-2022
No Hill and Ju Ju only has a 1 year deal. Hardman couldn't step up when teams were focusing on Hill and Kelce and people think he's going to do better without defenses having all eyes on Hill?

Wasting another year of Mahomes' life.
[Reply]
SupDock 11:06 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Otis Day:
I get the concern and wanting more compensation, but we did get practically a full draft for him. A 1, 2, 4, 4,and 6. I realize that some of those picks are next year, but that is a lot of draft picks.
Exactly. That is like an extra draft worth of picks.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:06 AM 03-23-2022

Quick run of the numbers here shows 1.25 WAR gain for the Chiefs in trade compensation for Tyreek Hill versus 0.94 WAR for the Packers in the Davante Adams deal pic.twitter.com/bk5Vm4xob9

— Kevin Cole (@KevinColePFF) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
mkp785 11:06 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Just stay put, Brett.

We're taking a step back. That's a foregone conclusion at this point.

So don't get aggressive and go trading for veteran WRs. Don't go packaging 1st round picks and giving up value to get someone 5% better than who you'd get at 29 and 30.

Just sit ****ing still.

Let the draft come to you, take the best player available at any spot anywhere. Recognize that next year may be nasty and it just doesn't goddamn matter.

This just isn't a good enough return to justify keeping your foot on the gas. And those 4th ****ing rounders are just insulting somehow. Like they goddamn matter in a trade of this magnitude.

Ugh - this is just damn disappointing. A late 1st, a mid-2nd and some scraps. Blech.
Hopefully Jameson Williams is incoming but George Pickens wouldnt be terrible either...
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:06 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
JFC, no wonder he was traded.
Yes in essence that's a fully guaranteed contract.
[Reply]
ljmhawk 11:06 AM 03-23-2022
hill is a game changer….you don’t trade gamechangers in their prime. Kelce is going to have a down year because teams won’t be doubling any of our other WRs now
[Reply]
BeeHo 11:07 AM 03-23-2022
Peace.

[Reply]
zVenaSera 11:07 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Anyone else more upset at Hill than the Chiefs?

I have no problem wanting to get paid but the lack of loyalty after all him and this franchise has been through is astonishing.

I'm really glad I don't have a 10 jersey. It'd be hard to look at right now.
I mean, the guy took an extremely team-friendly extension a few years ago when everyone knew he was one of the biggest weapons in the NFL. Honestly, he doesn't owe the organization anything. He's the most dynamic receiver in the league, and wants to be paid like it, so more power to him. I don't get this idea that fans have that players owe anything to them. This is their career, they don't have a lot of time in it, so they wanna maximize their dollars. Can't blame them for that.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:07 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's the 4ths that bug me.

29 and 50 isn't a bad start, but for YEARS this board has justified bad decisions with these late 1st round picks as 'its virtually a 2nd anyway' and now we're supposed to pretend like it has the value that the Raiders pick had that they shipped to GB?

If 29 is the 'top' asset, there needs to be more ancillary pieces to justify it. And friggen 4th round picks ain't that.

You use 4th rounders to move up 6 spots in the 2nd. You don't use them to put a deal over the top for a HoF ****ing pass catcher.

That needed to be, at WORST, a 2 next year and honestly I'd have given up a 3 or something this season to see that be one of their 1sts next year.

It's just bad return. You can't get less than the Packers got for Adams and somehow we did.

Veach blinked. Wouldn't be the first time.
I’m not too pleased either but it was the smart move though. If we give Tyreek that deal then we are in serious cap trouble next year and have no picks to supplement it.

This draft is very strong at DE and WR so our first rd picks are not as weak as a normal year. Plus we have a lot of picks to move up.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:08 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Couldn't even leverage the Jets interest into a worthwhile pick next year. Veach got his shit pushed in by an echidna in this one.
Hill didn't want to play for the Jets so there was literally no way to leverage it.

This isnt difficult to understand.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 192
« First < 51112131415 161718192565115 > Last »
Up