ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Harrison Butker Appreciation Thread ***
Nickhead 10:56 PM 10-03-2017

:-) to our newest place butker

I mean he is brave enough to wear #7 :-)

3/4 made.

for now i am going to apply the kareem hunt rule when it comes to our new kicker.

botched the first, he will be game money the rest of the way? :-)

i must say it is weird seeing the fans in the screen shots of the new kicker. the old one always was shown with nothing but grass behind him. :-)
[Reply]
lcarus 09:31 PM 10-05-2020
So did all the attention he got after that Chargers game just go to his head or what?
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:11 PM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
So did all the attention he got after that Chargers game just go to his head or what?
Crazy how the mind works sometimes.
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:18 PM 10-05-2020
Butker is starting to worry me.
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:24 PM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Butker is starting to worry me.
3 straight game missing an extra point. He is hot or cold. Extra points are not his strong point.
[Reply]
JakeF 01:03 AM 10-06-2020
I wonder if the new holder is screwing up. I'm not sure why Buttkicker has suddenly lost his confidence but hope to hell it doesn't turn into the perma yips.
[Reply]
Nickhead 01:35 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
He's playing down to the opponents level. :-)
[Reply]
ping2000 03:07 AM 10-06-2020
We just need to commit 3-4 false start penalties on each PAT attempt. He is better when it's over 50.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 04:06 AM 10-06-2020
I’d appreciate it he would stoop missing so many kicks.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:23 AM 10-06-2020
Maybe there is some validity to Butker basking in his success a little too much after that epic Chargers game performance.

Dude seems to have gone GQ...

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:38 AM 10-06-2020
Yeah, it’s weird. I don’t know.

I look at it this way. We’ve REALLY only needed him for one game this year and he came through in a BIG way in that game.

These last couple weeks have left me a little concerned, but ultimately have not affected the game. If you’re the Chiefs (with our offense), you shouldn’t really be relying on the kicker to win you games, especially when you have an all world QB and a genius offensive coach.

But I realize there is always a couple games a year where it’s going to come down to a kicker, unfortunately. So far, in that instance, Butker came through with flying colors and won us a game. As long as he does the same in the other 1-2 games this year (when it comes down to that), I’m willing to overlook the occasional miss here and there that’s not ultimately affecting the outcome of the game.

It’s irritating at the time, but it is what it is. No kicker is perfect (unless your Justin Tucker).

But Buttkicker has range like no other kicker in the NFL right now, so I’ll take my chances with him going forward.

We love ya, Buttkicker. Just make sure to keep your head in the game.
[Reply]
Hoover 09:12 AM 10-06-2020
If I were the Chiefs I'd take a delay of game on field goals to give him more space
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 10-06-2020
Correct me if I'm wrong, but every struggle I've seen from him of late is him bringing it at the left upright, correct? Even his makes are hooking towards towards the left side.

So if you've got a clearly identifiable pattern, it's almost certainly just a mechanical issue that needs to be addressed.

I'll say it again - if anyone's ever stood at like the 30 yard line and looked at the uprights - honestly it's a minor miracle they EVER make a kick from that far out. The sequencing and timing of all those things are so regimented that it makes something that is really REALLY hard look very easy.

But kicking also becomes akin to a swiss watch at that point. If anything gets a little out of kilter, the whole thing goes awry. There's just no firebreak in there. There's no place within his rhythm where he can get it back inline.

Everything has to be precise and right now it ain't. There's no questioning the talent and for all the talk about how nails he was in that Chargers game, lets not forget he drilled his SB kick and all 4 XPs as well and there will never be a higher stress situation than that.

He has everything he needs to be an elite kicker in this league. He'll be fine - he's just a tick off right now.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:11 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Maybe there is some validity to Butker basking in his success a little too much after that epic Chargers game performance.

Dude seems to have gone GQ...

Wearing a suit = GQ?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:35 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Wearing a suit = GQ?
Imma be honest - if I could rock a suit like that I'd wear it to fucking Walmart. Dude is swank as hell right there. I keep trying to pull off the 3-piece and mostly just look like I raided my grandpa's closet. I'm mostly just a little jealous here.

But yeah, this is all a little silly at this point.

Why chalk up a slump that virtually every kicker goes through every season to an extremely reasonable timing/mechanical flaw when you can say "hey, do you SEE the watch he's wearing?!?! His success has gone to his head!!!"

Whatever.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:22 AM 10-20-2020
Scary Harry Butker is starting to piss me off.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 24
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up