ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 34
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Teedubya getting after it
SuperChief 04:10 PM 09-11-2012
Take that, Chiefs.

http://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments...n_me_to_get_a/

The KC Chiefs just blocked me on Twitter. LOL Last night, I tweeted that for the 4th year in a row, the Chiefs are at the bottom of salary cap spending and that the owner, Clark Hunt, is hoarding cap dollars. The Chiefs commitment to mediocrity has made me not care much about being a fan... They responded with this DM.
http://imgur.com/7VbfJ
I responded that it is good to know that the KC Chiefs have an immature teenager running their social media.
I, as a fan for my whole life of nearly 40 years, who have never seen the Chiefs in a Superbowl, nor have I seen a playoff win in nearly 20 years, nor have I seen a QB drafted in the last 27 years... I have a right to be pissed. The Kansas City Chiefs have no right to be pissy toward the fans. We are the ones paying your salaries. Shame on you, Chiefs. Oh, and congrats on 50 years of being in KC. 10 years of greatness, followed by 40 years of pathetic profiteering.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:27 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I had like 700 followers (not really many in teedubya terms, but my students are always impressed when I tell them I had that many). I used it to engage in local community building as well as discuss teaching politics and culture. As such, I was doing a lot of dialog and retweeting. But yeah, I should probably just create another account and use it passively. I definitely appreciate the medium, but I just haven't gotten back into it (probably because I feel like all the punkass kids got on it and ruined it for me).
I have several people in the entertainment industry, including a few big companies that follow. With that being the case, I'm hesitant to post anything of real value or something worthwhile, other than the occasional status update.

I don't want one of these companies to call for project or whatever, then read something objectionable on my Twitter account.

So, I just talk shit here. :-)
[Reply]
tk13 10:35 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Plus, the pressure to say something witty or important is a little daunting, especially considering some of my followers.
That never stops you on here. Why start now?

:-)
[Reply]
Phobia 11:19 PM 09-11-2012
Originally Posted by Guru:
Where is Teller?
Heh. He gets that quite a bit... as you can probably imagine.
[Reply]
clyde05 11:40 PM 09-11-2012
It's amazing how much attention this got, was bad response by chiefs though, but I live in near Tampa and I get home from work and I see it on a local site. the power of the Planet.
[Reply]
pimpchief 12:03 AM 09-12-2012
Fitting this is followed up by the deer story.
[Reply]
Phobia 12:03 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by clyde05:
the power of the Planet.
I'm not suggesting the Planet hasn't flexed a little muscle in the past but I think you're mis-reading the Planet's involvement in this instance. Aside from a few Planeteers contributing to the viral nature of this episode and the fact Teedubya happens to have an account here, most of this took place on social media sites such as Twitter, Reddit, and facebook.
[Reply]
Dylan 12:16 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by :
"In the Twitter age, everyone has an audience -- mine happens to be over 120,000," he said. "Now, every voice can be heard."
That is great! Unprecedented.

In the Twitter age, sports teams can no longer claim to be the voice of the fan.

Social media gives fans an opportunity to hold teams accountable for their failures. Fan power is absolutely changing the sport itself.

http://www.sportsfangraph.com/team/kansas-city-chiefs
[Reply]
Dylan 12:46 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Ask and ye shall receive.

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 01:06 AM 09-12-2012
Good lord, how did teedubya get so many twitter followers...surely not all from this little spif. 123k and counting
[Reply]
Phobia 01:16 AM 09-12-2012
Early adopter and active tweeter. He's talked about it plenty on this site.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 01:23 AM 09-12-2012
Maybe Looney just got tired of hearing about HAARP rings?
[Reply]
SPchief 02:30 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
Good lord, how did teedubya get so many twitter followers...surely not all from this little spif. 123k and counting
It's kind of his job, albiet not to get people to follow him personally
[Reply]
Fritz88 03:08 AM 09-12-2012
:-) @ Midwestern values.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:40 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
The News spot says it was a Private message from the Chiefs to Teedubya. Why would he say their response was to the fans and not him?
Because he's a douchebag.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 03:41 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by BWillie007:
He was an early adopter plus roughly 25% of them aren't real accounts, hth.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 34
« First < 91516171819 2021222329 > Last »
Up