ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Media Center>Big Bang Theory
DaKCMan AP 07:44 PM 11-12-2007
Anyone else watch this show? I think it's fantastic. Great writing!
[Reply]
Ralphy Boy 07:43 PM 10-06-2010
The episode with the robot was well below the standard they set but I still like the show. I'm hoping it hasn't outlived its originality like 2 1/2 men & How I'll Never F***ing Meet Your Mother have. Those shows have become a complete miss for me. We get it, Doogie Howser is really gay, but he plays a stud poon hound so over the top that he is simply fabulous.

The only reason I was still watching CBS Monday's was because of BBT & Rules of Engagement. Now BBT is on Thursday and I think it could die there, trying to compete with NBC's lineup of Community, Office & 30 Rock.

Rules of Engagement, Modern Fam, Parks & Rec, 30 Rock, Office & Community are my sitcoms now.

I watch Cougar Town because of Courtney Cox, who is still hot as hell. The show sucked early on but found itself late last season.

NBC's on Thursday is hard to beat right now. Last lineup I can recall on any network that I liked as much was ABC with Drew Carey, 2 Guys A Girl (& A Pizza Place) and Spin City. 2 Guys & a Girl was Ryan Reynolds start and had the delicious Traylor Howard in it.
[Reply]
kchomegrown 08:14 PM 10-06-2010
I love that show!!!
[Reply]
vailpass 10:06 AM 10-07-2010
Originally Posted by Ralphy Boy:
The episode with the robot was well below the standard they set but I still like the show. I'm hoping it hasn't outlived its originality like 2 1/2 men & How I'll Never F***ing Meet Your Mother have. Those shows have become a complete miss for me. We get it, Doogie Howser is really gay, but he plays a stud poon hound so over the top that he is simply fabulous.

The only reason I was still watching CBS Monday's was because of BBT & Rules of Engagement. Now BBT is on Thursday and I think it could die there, trying to compete with NBC's lineup of Community, Office & 30 Rock.

Rules of Engagement, Modern Fam, Parks & Rec, 30 Rock, Office & Community are my sitcoms now.

I watch Cougar Town because of Courtney Cox, who is still hot as hell. The show sucked early on but found itself late last season.

NBC's on Thursday is hard to beat right now. Last lineup I can recall on any network that I liked as much was ABC with Drew Carey, 2 Guys A Girl (& A Pizza Place) and Spin City. 2 Guys & a Girl was Ryan Reynolds start and had the delicious Traylor Howard in it.
Wow Ralphy, you watch a LOT of TV.
[Reply]
Otter 07:18 PM 10-07-2010
That was mediocre at best. :-)
[Reply]
Buck 07:34 PM 10-07-2010
I'll watch tonights episode just to verify my disinterest in it.
[Reply]
Buck 09:15 PM 10-07-2010
The jokes are so stupid and the laugh track is....well, laughable.
[Reply]
Silock 04:11 AM 10-08-2010
I liked last night's episode. Some very creative lines.
[Reply]
vailpass 11:33 AM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by Buck:
The jokes are so stupid and the laugh track is....well, laughable.
Not a laugh track, live audience. This subject was addressed by the producer.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:33 PM 10-08-2010
That's actually true, supposedly. The producers swear that they use a live studio audience. I wonder where they find these people, though. This live audience of real humans sounds so artificial, the laughter so forced.
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 12:44 PM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by Buck:
I'll watch tonights episode just to verify my disinterest in it.
Originally Posted by Reaper16:
That's actually true, supposedly. The producers swear that they use a live studio audience. I wonder where they find these people, though. This live audience of real humans sounds so artificial, the laughter so forced.
JFC :-) already. You dont like the show. We get it. You 2 cry about this show more than a little girl with skinned knees. Fuck.
[Reply]
Reaper16 12:46 PM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by BCD:
JFC :-) already. You dont like the show. We get it. You 2 cry about this show more than a little girl with skinned knees. Fuck.
I was defending the show against criticisms of it using a laugh track!
[Reply]
vailpass 12:51 PM 10-08-2010
I was defending the show against criticisms of it using a laugh track!
We're not the People's Front of Judea, we're the Judean People's Front!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:08 PM 10-08-2010
Last night was better than the previous week.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:44 PM 10-08-2010

Depending on the popularity of the show, studio audiences are generally made up of tourists and temp workers.

If it's a popular show like Seinfeld, BBT, Two & Half Men, etc, it's about 80% tourists and 20% temps.

If it's just a medium rated show, it can be as much as 80% temps or more.
[Reply]
vailpass 04:57 PM 10-08-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Depending on the popularity of the show, studio audiences are generally made up of tourists and temp workers.

If it's a popular show like Seinfeld, BBT, Two & Half Men, etc, it's about 80% tourists and 20% temps.

If it's just a medium rated show, it can be as much as 80% temps or more.
Temps as in 'paid to laugh & applaud'?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up