ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 163
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hunting type things.....
Iowanian 02:27 PM 10-02-2003
Its fall. Bow season has opened in at least Missouri and Iowania. I thought we could discuss related topics. Tips, braggin', near misses....

relay your hunting stories, pics and tips here.

anti hunting types.....find another corner to squat in.
[Reply]
bogie 07:34 PM 11-23-2005
Nothing like a good excuse to sniff your wife's seat.
[Reply]
philfree 07:45 PM 11-23-2005
Just got back from Dodge City hunting the Roosters and hunted South Dakota a couple weeks back. Birds were abundant the dog work spotty but Casey delighted me with a "triple crown"(point, find the kill and retrieve it to PhilFree) or three. :-) Good dog, good dog :-)

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
bogie 07:47 PM 11-23-2005
good dog
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 07:54 PM 11-23-2005
Originally Posted by bogie:
Thanks. When I took the deer to the processing plant I had them cut the horns off for me. Thanks for the tip on salting the skull. That's what I'll do.
If you're not in a hurry and know someone with several acres, just hang it in a tree and let the flies/maggots do the work.
If you're in a hurry, you can try the suggestions mentioned earlier or a friend of mine used a pressure washer. He said it took a while, but did the job.
[Reply]
bogie 08:00 PM 11-23-2005
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
If you're not in a hurry and know someone with several acres, just hang it in a tree and let the flies/maggots do the work.
If you're in a hurry, you can try the suggestions mentioned earlier or a friend of mine used a pressure washer. He said it took a while, but did the job.
Thanks Rukdafaidas, I'm now back in L.A. I packed my horns in my suit case and flew them back with me. I plan on prepping the skull this week-end for mounting.
[Reply]
philfree 08:03 PM 11-23-2005
good dog
Ol Casey is gonna have his 10th birthday in January so I gotta start going easy on him. I need a new pup. Anybody know where I can get an
English Setter pup? I'll want one just weened so he grows up viewing me as his only master, the bringer of the food, the one who loves him. His god! I'll happy time with him and teach him a few things and then at about 3-4 months old I'll deliver him to the trainer for a few months. I'll hunt him next year and then back to the trainer in the Spring. If my luck holds I'll end up with another good dog. I paid $150.00 for Casey and but after some time and money investment I coulda sold him for $1,500.00 or so. I'd like to spend about the same on my next pup.

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:38 PM 12-08-2005
Get your deer yet Iowa?
[Reply]
Duck Dog 12:55 PM 12-08-2005
I'm going to post some hunting pics up in the picture forum thingy.
[Reply]
Bwana 06:57 PM 12-12-2005
Bwana One, Tommy Turkey Zero.............game over.
[Reply]
Iowanian 07:00 PM 12-12-2005
We had shotgun season a couple of weekends ago.

I did alot more walking than shooting, but I think our group of less than 10 got around 14 deer.

A friend of mine killed the buck I've been after for the 3rd year....it stood up 100 yards from my treestand and he plinked it. Yunghungwell also put a kill shot on it, but it was going down.

12 point, 22+" spread, couldn't get my hand around the base....probably score close to 190. Its a hell of a buck.

3 more, about that big were said to have come out of the same patch....1 bigger.

Wait....check that.

There aren't any deer left in Iowa...they all died of Blue tongue and I think we'll hunt in Idaho next year....because there are no deer left in Iowa.
[Reply]
Bwana 07:11 PM 12-12-2005
Originally Posted by Iowanian:
We had shotgun season a couple of weekends ago.

I did alot more walking than shooting, but I think our group of less than 10 got around 14 deer.

A friend of mine killed the buck I've been after for the 3rd year....it stood up 100 yards from my treestand and he plinked it. Yunghungwell also put a kill shot on it, but it was going down.

12 point, 22+" spread, couldn't get my hand around the base....probably score close to 190. Its a hell of a buck.

3 more, about that big were said to have come out of the same patch....1 bigger.

Wait....check that.

There aren't any deer left in Iowa...they all died of Blue tongue and I think we'll hunt in Idaho next year....because there are no deer left in Iowa.
Nice! It sounds like that one was a HAWG. I nailed a 6x6 which had a huge body, but the rack was a little weak by my standards. I also got my son out and he was able to get his first deer. I was going to take him turkey hunting with me, but I have been waiting it out and with all his sports, it wasn't going to happen this fall hunt. The season ends the 15th so it was do or die. The one I drilled today was a 29 pounder though, one monster bird. :-)
[Reply]
chiefs4me 07:16 PM 12-12-2005
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Bwana One, Tommy Turkey Zero.............game over.

wow, that took longer then I thought.....:-)
[Reply]
bogie 07:17 PM 12-12-2005
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Nice! It sounds like that one was a HAWG. I nailed a 6x6 which had a huge body, but the rack was a little weak by my standards. I also got my son out and he was able to get his first deer. I was going to take him turkey hunting with me, but I have been waiting it out and with all his sports, it wasn't going to happen this fall hunt. The season ends the 15th so it was do or die. The one I drilled today was a 29 pounder though, one monster bird. :-)
How old is your son?
[Reply]
Bwana 07:26 PM 12-12-2005
How old is your son?
[Reply]
Bwana 07:27 PM 12-12-2005
Originally Posted by chiefs4me:
wow, that took longer then I thought.....:-)
Today was the first time I went after birdzilla this year c4m. :-)
[Reply]
Page 25 of 163
« First < 152122232425 262728293575125 > Last »
Up