ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chris Simms Take on OL Prospects in 2021 Draft
Tribal Warfare 04:32 PM 04-08-2021

[Reply]
staylor26 11:40 AM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Based on his playing experience, based on the scouting reports I've read.

I think all of these guys have things about them that are detrimental to being a long-term, good NFL LT.

Not saying they can't be great, just don't think it's highly probable that more than 1 or 2 of them will be.

It's just not a very great class at the top - deep yes, high floor, but low ceiling.
His playing experience? He’s played LT. Yea he wasn’t as good as he was at RT in 2020, but that had more to do with his development as a player than anything.

I’m asking you to be more specific because when you watch him against speed, I just don’t see any reason to say he’s a RT only. Dude pretty much shut out Ossai when they played Texas.

I just don’t see any reason to say he can play RT, but not LT.

Especially next to Thuney, he would thrive IMO.

I’m also open to Niang playing LT. I just give Jenkins the edge because he’s done it.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:34 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And I strongly disagree with that assessment. Considering there’s a lot of smoke in terms of the Chiefs and Jenkins, I’m pretty sure they do too.
I'm down for Jenkins 8 days a week, according to my draft guide he's everything we could want and more... and could probably be had in the 2nd

Every con they list on him are things that can be coached up, like getting too aggressive in pass pro and being beat with counter moves
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:42 PM 04-10-2021
His playing experience? He’s played LT. Yea he wasn’t as good as he was at RT in 2020, but that had more to do with his development as a player than anything.

I’m asking you to be more specific because when you watch him against speed, I just don’t see any reason to say he’s a RT only. Dude pretty much shut out Ossai when they played Texas.

I’m also open to Niang playing LT. I just give Jenkins the edge because he’s done it.
I’d rather have a guy that has better athleticism in the 2nd. It’s not that I think Jenkins is bad, I just don’t think he’s a great LT prospect and there’s guys with more upside that could be a lot cheaper in terms of draft capital.

If I had to choose between Jenkins in the 1st and a WR in the 2nd vs. someone like Marshall in the 1st and a LT in the 2nd, I’m going for the latter for sure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:43 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I'm down for Jenkins 8 days a week, according to my draft guide he's everything we could want and more... and could probably be had in the 2nd

Every con they list on him are things that can be coached up, like getting too aggressive in pass pro and being beat with counter moves
If Jenkins falls out of the first it won’t be that far. If we want him, it will likely be at 31 if not before. He’s kind of emerged as the #4 tackle in this class over the last couple of weeks.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:44 PM 04-10-2021

And by the way, what you are saying here is exactly what I said to end my post - high floor, lower ceiling.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:47 PM 04-10-2021
If Jenkins falls out of the first it won’t be that far. If we want him, it will likely be at 31 if not before. He’s kind of emerged as the #4 tackle in this class over the last couple of weeks.
Yeah thats a fair point that I missed, he may last until the second but probably not all the way to 31

But based on what I've read, I sure wouldn't bitch about him at #1, a huge but very nimble guy who can not only drive block but also get out in space and land blocks on the move... and always plays with my oh so coveted nasty streak
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:54 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah thats a fair point that I missed, he may last until the second but probably not all the way to 31

But based on what I've read, I sure wouldn't bitch about him at #1, a huge but very nimble guy who can not only drive block but also get out in space and land blocks on the move... and always plays with my oh so coveted nasty streak
He isn’t all that nimble though. He’s got a lot of forward drive and if he gets his hands right he’s going to overpower people more often than not. However, he doesn’t operate as well in space. His footwork is slow and he lacks the athletic ability to really get out ahead of elite speed rushers.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t hate the pick. It like I said, I think we could get a better prospect for a lot less draft cost.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:15 PM 04-10-2021
He isn’t all that nimble though. He’s got a lot of forward drive and if he gets his hands right he’s going to overpower people more often than not. However, he doesn’t operate as well in space. His footwork is slow and he lacks the athletic ability to really get out ahead of elite speed rushers.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t hate the pick. It like I said, I think we could get a better prospect for a lot less draft cost.
I'm just gonna type out what my guide says here, and to me it sounds perfect... no player coming in from the college ranks is a finished product, but this guy sounds like he has all the raw skills you could want to polish up

Pro's - A tall, wide and athletic perimeter blocker, Jenkins improved steadily and eventually developed into one of the nations best blindside blockers. He plays with a nastiness you don't always see in athletic tackles, with strong, heavy hands and the lower body strength to latch on and drive pass rushers into the ground. In the run game, he wins at the point of attack and succeeds in re-setting the LOS, and he can get out and land blocks on more athletic defenders in space, whether it be on outside zone runs, or in the screen game

Cons - His aggressiveness can get the best of him in pass pro. Jenkins looks to take the fight right to the opponent but can be beaten inside by a good counter move from someone quicker. He'll have to become more sound with his technique and more consistent with his sets

Summary - He has an exciting blend of physical traits, and his mean streak and functional strength will allow him to hold his own against NFL defenders from Day One. The question is whether he can become more polished and be trusted to handle pass rushers on an island, or whether help or scheme will become needed

Man I don't know about you, but IMO everything they list as cons are all coachable things... and his strengths speak for themselves, a huge but quick LT with grown man strength able to handle NFL power from day one

I'm pretty much in love with this guy's breakdown
[Reply]
O.city 09:24 AM 04-12-2021
In Albert breers mmqb this week one little tidbit that caught my eye was when they were discussing the panthers and their qb move

They had called the Texans and the gm had told them “ask me about anyone but the qb”

So would that theoretically mean Tunsil could be had. ?
[Reply]
Skyy God 09:50 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
In Albert breers mmqb this week one little tidbit that caught my eye was when they were discussing the panthers and their qb move

They had called the Texans and the gm had told them “ask me about anyone but the qb”

So would that theoretically mean Tunsil could be had. ?
Texans got fleeced on that trade and contract.

There’s zero chance they’re taking the PR hit by trading him for fair value.
[Reply]
New World Order 10:31 AM 04-12-2021
Draft is starting too damn late.

It should start this week
[Reply]
In58men 10:34 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Draft is starting too damn late.

It should start this week
I’m just hoping they release the schedule this week or next week, keep my mind off the draft for a bit lol.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

That was the last regime though
[Reply]
Dull Tools 10:38 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:

I don't really think they care about PR from what I have seen from them.
[Reply]
kcbubb 10:39 AM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
I’m just not sure there are any in our range other than developmental type hit or miss dudes

I dunno
I agree with this and it’s too risky to let mahomes be protected by any of these later tier LTs.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
< 1234 5 >
Up