ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>DMX OD'd last night, had heart attack, reports are he is in a vegitative state
Mephistopheles Janx 12:39 PM 04-03-2021
https://www.tmz.com/2021/04/03/dmx-s...ave-condition/

Originally Posted by :

DMX suffered a drug overdose Friday night and is currently in the hospital ... and the prognosis is not good.

Sources close to the rapper tell TMZ, the OD occurred at his home at around 11 PM. Our sources say the overdose triggered a heart attack.

DMX was rushed to a hospital in White Plains, New York and is in the critical care unit. We're told he has "some brain activity." Another source says he's in a "vegetative state" and doctors have cautioned he may not make it.
/inb4 "who, I don't listen to rap crap" from the ancient ones on the forum.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:06 PM 04-09-2021
Fitting.

[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 12:07 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
A lot of good that did him. :-)

The best rapper ever is either Tupac or Eminem.
To put em's name there is embarrassing tbh. Top ten?? Yes...the best?? Never.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:14 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
To put em's name there is embarrassing tbh. Top ten?? Yes...the best?? Never.
Eminem may be one of, or even THE best from a technical standpoint. But he never connected to the hood like Pac or DMX did. They talked about real shit. Eminem was basically comedy rap early on.

When the the "Slim Shady LP" dropped people were like, "hahaha look at this goofy white boy".

When "It's Dark and Hell is Hot" dropped, people were like, "damn this shit is hard as fuck".
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:16 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by vailpass:
:-)
You have an issue with what I think?
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:19 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
But he never connected to the hood like Pac or DMX did.
You know, i take this back. He connected with young men from pretty much everywhere, including the hood.

But just not in the same way 2Pac and DMX did.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:24 PM 04-09-2021
And for everyone talking shit about Exit Wounds....go watch Belly. That movie is great.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:39 PM 04-09-2021
You know, i take this back. He connected with young men from pretty much everywhere, including the hood.

But just not in the same way 2Pac and DMX did.
I should amend mine. There are too many candidates, styles, and eras to have a GOAT. A guy like Kurtis Blow was phenomenal in his day, for instance.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:40 PM 04-09-2021

Jesus & Money Changers in the Temple DMX Party Up In Here https://t.co/YuHa9A7o9o via @YouTube

— shiiiiiiiiiiiit (@jd30174351) August 10, 2020

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:47 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
lulz
[Reply]
vailpass 12:52 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You have an issue with what I think?
Calling him a legend makes me laugh.
Late 2000s a buddy of mine took me to a dude's house to get high before we hit the bars. I'm not a big get-high guy but my buddy sure was. Guy's crib that we went to was DMX. Sat there for half an hour until I bugged my friend to get going. Dude was nice enough but was just another yo on the get-high circuit.
To hear people refer to him as some sort of elevated figure is some funny shit indeed.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:58 PM 04-09-2021
Late 2000s a buddy of mine took me to a dude's house to get high before we hit the bars. I'm not a big get-high guy but my buddy sure was. Guy's crib that we went to was DMX. Sat there for half an hour until I bugged my friend to get going. Dude was nice enough but was just another yo on the get-high circuit.
To hear people refer to him as some sort of elevated figure is some funny shit indeed.
Life is funny that way. I know what you mean though.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:02 PM 04-09-2021
Life is funny that way. I know what you mean though.
Looking at it, I can see how it looks like I'm diminishing the impact his music had on some people here. Sorry 'bout that.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 01:06 PM 04-09-2021
Kurt Cobain used to go to hood areas to buy his drugs and then would spend days on end in cheap motel rooms in the area getting high out of his mind alone. Everyone has their demons and Kurt is a legend without question imo regardless of his drug use. Same as Jimmy Hendrix and to a lesser extent Amy Winehouse.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:10 PM 04-09-2021
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Kurt Cobain used to go to hood areas to buy his drugs and then would spend days on end in cheap motel rooms in the area getting high out of his mind alone. Everyone has their demons and Kurt is a legends without question imo regardless of his drug use. Same as Jimmy Hendrix and to a lesser extent Amy Winehouse.
No doubt everyone has their demons. Cobain I can take or leave but I'd give good American money to have ran with Jimi for a night or two.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:13 PM 04-09-2021
Wow so you've met DMX? Everyone made it sound like he was a nice guy
[Reply]
Page 9 of 15
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up