ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 55
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:29 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Doesn't really matter. Its 71 degrees in my house. Preheat the car 71 degrees. Never understood why ppl are so preoccupied with the cold unless u have to work in it.
Some of us actually have lives.
[Reply]
splatbass 11:34 PM 02-14-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Can I ask a favor? Can you just wander down to the beach and walk through the sand for me (us)? Preferably with a good beach tequila drink in hand? TIA

I did this afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
HayWire 06:01 AM 02-15-2021
-22 wind-chill this morning. It's wonderful. Plus my wonderful mom text me from Florida last night to let me know about her sunburn.
[Reply]
stumppy 06:11 AM 02-15-2021
Temp is -3, wind chill is -23. Woke up this morning a bit cold only to discover the furnace is barely blowing any hot air. Hi ho hi ho it's off the the basement I go.
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:13 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
This is starting to remind me of the winter of 1994/1995 in Chicago. Below zero all week, then on the weekend it would warm up enough for another 4"-6" inches of snow, then go back down below zero. Seemed like that pattern repeated for about a month. The snow accumulated so much that most people who parked outside lost the use of their cars, which were buried up to their roofs in hard, frozen snow. I remember my street was like an ice canyon with rear view mirrors sticking out of the sides. I didn't have a car at the time anyway, so I was walking everywhere. It was absolutely miserable, and seemed like it would go on forever.

Of course, later that same year, the summer was so miserably, relentlessly hellish that over 700 people died from the heat.
Had to run an errand yesterday and driving through the city is pure aids right now. Buses can't make it to the curb due to the mountains of snow so they're stopping in the middle of streets to let people on/off, same with UPS/FedEx and every other delivery vehicle.

And despite me digging my trash bins out of a 1000 lbs of snow, the city hasn't come by in 2 weeks for pick up because the alley behind us looks like some off the grid Alaska shit. Fingers crossed they pick up today :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 06:59 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Had to run an errand yesterday and driving through the city is pure aids right now. Buses can't make it to the curb due to the mountains of snow so they're stopping in the middle of streets to let people on/off, same with UPS/FedEx and every other delivery vehicle.

And despite me digging my trash bins out of a 1000 lbs of snow, the city hasn't come by in 2 weeks for pick up because the alley behind us looks like some off the grid Alaska shit. Fingers crossed they pick up today :-)
Good luck with your garbage, but as I'm sure you know we're going to get blasted again today, and it sounds like it will be worse in the city and south.

Do people still dig out their parking spots and claim them with random junk?
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:12 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Good luck with your garbage, but as I'm sure you know we're going to get blasted again today, and it sounds like it will be worse in the city and south.

Do people still dig out their parking spots and claim them with random junk?
You know it. There's random shit scattered up and down the street. I dug out my neighbors designated handicap spot and set some work cones out for them to keep people from parking there but that's about the only the extent I'll go to.

For those unfamiliar with dibs

[Reply]
alanm 07:38 AM 02-15-2021
Only -12 It warmed up overnight. :-)
[Reply]
Bwana 07:53 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We looked at an acreage in Needville.

It's a nice area out in the country, nothing like Houston. What a difference 40 miles makes.
On a side note, I woke up to -6 and we are in theory going to get above zero for the first time in weeks. The only downside is the wind is going to be blowing a bit and the wind chill is going to be -25.
[Reply]
TLO 07:58 AM 02-15-2021
Feels like -34 this morning.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:13 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
It's a nice area out in the country, nothing like Houston. What a difference 40 miles makes.
On a side note, I woke up to -6 and we are in theory going to get above zero for the first time in weeks. The only downside is the wind is going to be blowing a bit and the wind chill is going to be -25.
Are you in KC right now? Because that sounds exactly like KC right now, minus the part where we get above 0.
[Reply]
Dunit35 08:15 AM 02-15-2021
I successfully thawed my toilet supply line so that’s nice. Only line to free so far.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:26 AM 02-15-2021
-19. I didn't check Windchill. It's only about 5 MPH so it's probably similar to yesterday.

Fuck this shit.
[Reply]
Graystoke 08:30 AM 02-15-2021
My dog is pissing on the deck because its to cold to go any further from the front door.
Great, not only is it -20 but there is frozen piss stains on the entry to my house.
[Reply]
2112 08:33 AM 02-15-2021
Balmy 33 degrees here and the downspouts, which had been a solid block of ice are now thawing and it sounds like a plane crashed outside when a big block slides down them. Supposed to be in the 40’s tomorrow and then... lol more snow
[Reply]
Page 16 of 55
« First < 61213141516 1718192026 > Last »
Up