ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3477 of 3903
« First < 2477297733773427346734733474347534763477 3478347934803481348735273577 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:55 PM 04-10-2021

Through the height of 2020 spring wave, 1.8M children had in-person teaching without masks. There were zero Covid19 deaths among children and the teachers had lower risk than other non-health professions. https://t.co/FFqaOsikPw

— Martin Kulldorff (@MartinKulldorff) April 10, 2021

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:28 PM 04-10-2021
Ok, losing your sense of taste and smell is fucking weird.
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 10:46 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Ok, losing your sense of taste and smell is ****ing weird.
Yep, that was the weirdest part for sure. My wife and I had Italian take out the night it happened. I took a big bite of bread with garlic, olive oil, and balsamic... tasted nothing. I put Vicks under my nose and it might as well have been vaseline.

The next morning I woke up and drank some OJ and I smelled and tasted it. By noon it was gone again and didn’t come back for a week. It was so strange!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:24 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Oh my :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 AM 04-11-2021
Starting to see a lot of stuff that the new variants are a lot rougher on younger people. Hopefully it’s just noise
[Reply]
KCUnited 08:53 AM 04-11-2021
I wonder if there's something about young people that makes them more at risk now, other than not yet being eligible for vaccination in some places.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:54 AM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
Yep, that was the weirdest part for sure. My wife and I had Italian take out the night it happened. I took a big bite of bread with garlic, olive oil, and balsamic... tasted nothing. I put Vicks under my nose and it might as well have been vaseline.

The next morning I woke up and drank some OJ and I smelled and tasted it. By noon it was gone again and didn’t come back for a week. It was so strange!
Weird for sure. I lost both smell and taste entirely for 1 full day. By day 2, it slowly started coming back. After about a week, I was back to normal. We were part of the lucky group. I know some people who have been without for months.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 11:49 AM 04-11-2021
4.6 million jabs yesterday. :-)

I read J&J deliveries are gonna be down big next week. From 4 mill to 400k due to that lab issue that made them destroy a ton of supply
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:18 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
Starting to see a lot of stuff that the new variants are a lot rougher on younger people. Hopefully it’s just noise
It looks like the variants are rougher all the way around including younger people. There's enough data I don't think it's going to turn out to be noise.

Variants usually get milder but that is not a given and the variants have selection pressure to re-infect people that have already gotten it once or have been vaccination.
[Reply]
Stewie 06:11 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, I lied. Woke up at about 2am with chills and spent the whole night tossing and turning. Fever topped out at 103.5. I'm sore as all hell, but I think I'm getting better at this point. I'm guessing tomorrow I'll be fine.

Still, that hit me way later than expected and way harder. Kind of odd.
Sheesh. That sounds worse than getting covid itself. I know a few people that have tested positive and had nowhere near that trouble.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:34 PM 04-11-2021
Originally Posted by Stewie:
Sheesh. That sounds worse than getting covid itself. I know a few people that have tested positive and had nowhere near that trouble.
Definitely hit me harder than I was expecting. I largely feel fine today at least. Still a little sore, but more like my normal back pain but a bit worse.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:54 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Definitely hit me harder than I was expecting. I largely feel fine today at least. Still a little sore, but more like my normal back pain but a bit worse.
From what I've heard - the opinion around here is that if you've had Covid the first dose hits hard. If you haven't had covid, the second dose hits you.

Just rumors & speculation, just found it interesting if true.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:01 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
From what I've heard - the opinion around here is that if you've had Covid the first dose hits hard. If you haven't had covid, the second dose hits you.

It makes sense considering what the whole idea is. If you have had it you have antibodies so your body reacts fast and fierce to the 1st shot.

2nd shot causes the same bodily reaction as above due to having antibodies from the 1st shot.

Its why you are ideally supposed to wait 90 days post covid before getting the vaccine if you have had it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:07 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It makes sense considering what the whole idea is. If you have had it you have antibodies so your body reacts fast and fierce to the 1st shot.

2nd shot causes the same bodily reaction as above due to having antibodies from the 1st shot.

Its why you are ideally supposed to wait 90 days post covid before getting the vaccine if you have had it.
That does make sense.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 03:04 PM 04-12-2021
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:

Got my second Pfizer shot Sunday. Was a little tried and the arm is sore today (still going to the gym though) but no other reaction.
[Reply]
Page 3477 of 3903
« First < 2477297733773427346734733474347534763477 3478347934803481348735273577 > Last »
Up