ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 30
« First < 202627282930
Nzoner's Game Room>Four major art projects for new KCI terminal revealed
neech 10:50 PM 04-09-2021
The first of four major art projects for the new single terminal airport at KCI have been revealed.

More than 1,000 artists from around the world submitted inquiries after Kansas City announced an international search for artists.
The city said the four works of art were chosen because they either reflected the wonder of travel or Kansas City history.

The budget for artwork at KCI’s new terminal is $5.65 million. Kansas City’s single-terminal airport is expected to open on budget and on time in early 2023.

“The fact that we’ve been through a pandemic over the last year and yet this project remains on time, on schedule, and on budget is a testament to the good work of the team,” said Justin Meyer with the KC Aviation Department.

You can see the renderings of the art projects in the gallery below.

Entitled "Molten Swing"

Entitled "The Air up There"

Entitled "Ornithology"

Entitled "Fountain of Resonance"

"Molten Swing" looks kind of like a mosaic dog or cat to me, it might look cool though but not sure what to make of it at this point.

"The Air up There" simply looks like some lights on the ceiling, again it might look better when you're actually there I hope.

"Ornithology" reminds me of those attacking creatures in the Pitch Black movie. You just knew one of the artwork they chose would have a WTF moment and this is it.

"Fountain of Resonance" I approve of this one.
:-)

Thoughts?

https://fox4kc.com/news/art-projects...inal-revealed/
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:19 PM 03-21-2024
I still loathe the change to a single checkpoint. Nothing has improved over my trip to Seattle last year to my trip this year in terms of efficiency there.

I will say though... plenty of charging receptacles all over the place and the free wifi was fast enough to play Apex Legends online.
[Reply]
Page 30 of 30
« First < 202627282930
Up