ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1412 of 2693
« First < 41291213121362140214081409141014111412 141314141415141614221462151219122412 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:40 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Nick Wright is trying to seem nice.

He should have exploded on that fat sack of crap.
When Nick questioned whether he was being serious... :-)... Mangini looked like he just got his pants pulled down. Nick thrashed him in the nicest way he could.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
He needs to firm up his deep accuracy; he's not the best in the league right now at that (may not even be top 5 in terms of ball placement on deep passes at the moment).

But I think it's fair to say he may well have the most pure arm talent of any QB to ever play the game.

If/when he starts putting the right amount of air under those deep passes, then we can truly have the GOAT conversation in terms of pure passing. But that's something that he just doesn't quite have yet. Most of his deep passes still rely on Hill making a hell of an adjustment to the ball and going after it. Tighten that up and you're cooking with gas...
He'll get there, Rodgers sat for what 3 years and even his first year or 2 he took some time to become what he became.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:43 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He'll get there, Rodgers sat for what 3 years and even his first year or 2 he took some time to become what he became.
The fact that he learns from his mistakes and rarely repeats them makes me really excited to see where his ceiling is. I have no idea right now.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:45 AM 01-14-2019
He needs to firm up his deep accuracy; he's not the best in the league right now at that (may not even be top 5 in terms of ball placement on deep passes at the moment).

But I think it's fair to say he may well have the most pure arm talent of any QB to ever play the game.

If/when he starts putting the right amount of air under those deep passes, then we can truly have the GOAT conversation in terms of pure passing. But that's something that he just doesn't quite have yet. Most of his deep passes still rely on Hill making a hell of an adjustment to the ball and going after it. Tighten that up and you're cooking with gas...
Yup.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:45 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I don't doubt that at all.

Just saying that until he does, we can't say he's the best of all time. I mean damn, can you imagine what he'd be if he developed that feathery touch that Warner could put on deep balls?

And if he could just get to where Goff is when he has his feet set and a clean pocket. Or some of those lofted balls that Russell Wilson has thrown this year. I mean there are some guys out there right now that throw truly beautiful deep passes and none of them have anything in terms of pure talent on Patrick Mahomes. Russ damn sure didn't throw balls like that as a rookie; he simply learned it.

There's no reason Mahomes couldn't get to that level with relative ease.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:51 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by chinaski:
Mangina "Mahomes had the third best passer rating in the playoffs"

THAT'S BECAUSE THEY RAN THE BALL ALL GAME YOU ****ING MORAN!
This is actually not true, they threw the ball over 40 times, they just happened to run in the TD's.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:51 AM 01-14-2019
I don't doubt that at all.

Just saying that until he does, we can't say he's the best of all time. I mean damn, can you imagine what he'd be if he developed that feathery touch that Warner could put on deep balls?

And if he could just get to where Goff is when he has his feet set and a clean pocket. Or some of those lofted balls that Russell Wilson has thrown this year. I mean there are some guys out there right now that throw truly beautiful deep passes and none of them have anything in terms of pure talent on Patrick Mahomes. Russ damn sure didn't throw balls like that as a rookie; he simply learned it.

There's no reason Mahomes couldn't get to that level with relative ease.
Wonder if Tyreek's speed is actually part of the issue here. Seems like he is having a hard time dialing it in for Tyreek. He threw a lot of great deep passes at Tech with guys that weren't as fast as Tyreek, lol
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 11:54 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Pretty decent breakdown, but he keeps saying Mahomes doesn't get his eyes back over to the back in the flat because he checked for the corner blitz on the other side. I'm pretty sure Mahomes saw him, but it was 2nd and 17 and he didn't want to dump it off for a pretty short gain.
[Reply]
Luke Atamadong 11:55 AM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Wonder if Tyreek's speed is actually part of the issue here. Seems like he is having a hard time dialing it in for Tyreek. He threw a lot of great deep passes at Tech with guys that weren't as fast as Tyreek, lol
Yeah Tyreek runs almost as fast as the damn ball flies through the air.
[Reply]
007 12:01 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:

Mangini is such a fucking tool.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:04 PM 01-14-2019
Been around w/ 'reek awhile now - gotta start figuring that out. Besides, he's missed Watkins a few times downfield as well.

You have a pretty obvious set of 'speeds' on this team:

Hill -- Tyreek Hill speed
Watkins/Robinson -- Good speed
Conley -- fine long speed, slow to get moving
Benjamin -- pretty quick for an offensive lineman.

I hesitate to put it on Hill's freakish speed when he's not exactly been dialed in on Watkins or Robinson either. Don't get me wrong - these are tough throws and he hits them on occasion, but he's more average in that regard than elite.

And the skills for elite are there so I don't expect it to be an ongoing issue.
[Reply]
FAX 12:08 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by The Pest:
This defense needs to figure that shit out. I know it comes down to luck and the bounce but ****....how many games this season have we had INTs in our hands and ****ing dropped them?
We flat out dropped at least two game-winners (in losses). Maybe three.

FAX
[Reply]
O.city 12:14 PM 01-14-2019
The problem with Tyreek is he's so damn fast, you've got to throw it so early. Sometimes I think Pat thinks his arm is a little bigger than it is when it comes to Tyreek.
[Reply]
DRM08 12:16 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
The problem with Tyreek is he's so damn fast, you've got to throw it so early. Sometimes I think Pat thinks his arm is a little bigger than it is when it comes to Tyreek.
He has overthrown him though, so that's why I think he has a hard time dialing it in. Cuz if you wait too long, then it doesn't work either. Eventually he's gonna get that figured out.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 01:13 PM 01-14-2019
Originally Posted by bowener:
His training is nearly complete. He is almost a true Jedi Master.
Reid is the Jedi master. Mahomes is still his Patawan.
[Reply]
Page 1412 of 2693
« First < 41291213121362140214081409141014111412 141314141415141614221462151219122412 > Last »
Up