ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 37 of 324
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:46 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
WTF are you talking about?
Sutton’s scheme actually was very complicated if you’ve ever heard ppl talk about it. That’s why there were a lot of communication breakdowns that led to blown coverages. And if you watched, you’d notice hitch was trying to read things before reacting. It made him look slow but really he was taking a second to read what he needed to do.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:46 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I think I would have liked John Pagano even less.
Agreed. Pagano has had virtually zero success in this league.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I’d have rolled Rex Ryan 10/10 times, less risky... AND you have a chance for a top 10 defense next year
Ryan is actually more risky because he and Reid are like oil and water as personalities and his defense is outdated these days.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:46 PM 01-24-2019
I’d have rolled Rex Ryan 10/10 times, less risky... AND you have a chance for a top 10 defense next year
Except the risk that his defense is no longer relevant in the NFL and that he'd be unwilling to change it.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:46 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefoftheKeyboard:
Sutton’s scheme actually was very complicated if you’ve ever heard ppl talk about it. That’s why there were a lot of communication breakdowns that led to blown coverages. And if you watched, you’d notice hitch was trying to read things before reacting. It made him look slow but really he was taking a second to read what he needed to do.
Shawn Barber was talking about it today I think. He was a coaching intern with the Chiefs and said Sutton's scheme wasn't simple.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:47 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Pagano? Wtf.

How can you throw his name in there and then shit on Spagnuolo or other veteran DCs. Pagano didnt exactly set the world on fire with his SD defenses.
Exactly. This guy is a fucking idiot and always has been.

To call Spags an “atrocious” hire when the best you got is John fucking Pagano?

:-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:47 PM 01-24-2019
Rex has also been in the media for a couple years

I doubt he’s really up on the league as he would need to be
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:47 PM 01-24-2019
The risk with Rex is his personality. Wouldn’t have meshed with how reid wants his team handled. Especially in the media.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 10:47 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Ryan is actually more risky because he and Reid are like oil and water as personalities and his defense is outdated these days.
Yeah, Rex could be either really good or it could be a completely combustible situation and could totally lose a locker room.
[Reply]
O.city 10:48 PM 01-24-2019
I still would have liked Ray Horton
[Reply]
Mecca 10:48 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Shawn Barber was talking about it today I think. He was a coaching intern with the Chiefs and said Sutton's scheme wasn't simple.
I think that may have been the biggest issue, sometimes the best defensive just man up and play hard and fast.

The Chiefs look like a team that thinks way to much on that side.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:49 PM 01-24-2019
Sutton's system was pretty complex and I really doubt he was working all that hard to teach it to the younger guys, which is why he always stuck with his old vets even if they sucked out loud.

I think Hewitt would have been my top choice, along with bringing in someone like Dick LeBeau to be a senior advisor till he got established. Oh well.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:49 PM 01-24-2019
Rex definitely looked like a boom or bust hire on the surface. Like SB champs or fuck everything up type of hire.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 10:49 PM 01-24-2019
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
And I think that will be the biggest immediate difference. Less thinking and just getting back to playing ball.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:49 PM 01-24-2019
Spags has at east proven that if you give him the talent, he can produce a SB caliber defense.

What in the fucking bloody hell has John Pagano EVER proven?

I’m convinced this dumbass thinks he’s talking about Chuck.
[Reply]
Page 37 of 324
« First < 273334353637 383940414787137 > Last »
Up