ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 115 of 151
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2019/2020 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread*****
saphojunkie 02:55 PM 04-09-2019
Welcome back, my friends.

The night is dark and full of sophomores. We were due a down year, but it's back to hunting banners.

Thread to be updated as new developments emerge.

RETURNING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

LEAVING PLAYERS:
Spoiler!

INCOMING PLAYERS:

Spoiler!

IMPORTANT GAMES:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 12:19 PM 03-06-2020
It’s like anything else in life: you try and work it out between yourselves and if not, you sue in Federal Court. (That’s where cases involving “diversity of location” end up).
[Reply]
DJay23 12:59 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
It’s like anything else in life: you try and work it out between yourselves and if not, you sue in Federal Court. (That’s where cases involving “diversity of location” end up).
Makes sense.

I still find it hard to believe that the NCAA would go to so much public trouble only to capitulate.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:02 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by DJay23:
Makes sense.

I still find it hard to believe that the NCAA would go to so much public trouble only to capitulate.
Remember the Notice of Allegations North Carolina received in 2016?

KU is following North Carolina’s response here, btw.
[Reply]
Al Czervik 01:19 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Remember the Notice of Allegations North Carolina received in 2016?

KU is following North Carolina’s response here, btw.
Exactly....
And it has been proven to be the best tactic to defend yourself vs. laying down on
your stomach and getting screwed.....
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:38 PM 03-06-2020
Well UNC was way more obviously guilty and they got away with it sooooo
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 07:04 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Well UNC was way more obviously guilty and they got away with it sooooo
I live in Indy and had a very interesting conversation with someone who works in the NCAA offices here and is very, very involved in investigations. This was before the major allegations that came out about the Adidas trial, but people might find it interesting. As always, you can believe me or not I'm just a random internet guy.

Anyway, to start off, the NCAA infraction committee hates Kansas and Self. I don't say this as my personal interpretation or I read between the lines, that was literally said by this person. For as much as we Kansas fans hate the NCAA for our various run ins with the NCAA like diallo and Selby, they in return hate us. Why? Because they have to deal with all the crap that comes with run ins with major universities. Trust me, they don't want to be in the public eye any more than we like having guys suspended for whatever.

But what about our situations? I asked about some of our guys(this was around when the de Sousa appeal was happening to get him to play this year). Apparently our guys who have been in the news have been...highly questionable academically. You won't hear the extent in the news because they aren't trying to drag kids through the mud in public, but I was assured that some dragging of the feet was due to this. Situations where the people investigating are sure some uh, questionable ethics to how this person got the grades they did.

Now youre probably asking: wtf about UNC? Fake classes and stuff like that. This is what I found really interesting. Look, the people doing these things aren't stupid. There isn't some grand conspiracy to the NCAA machine that they won't touch Duke or UNC or whatever. They know what UNC did. But they are in a really weird spot. The NCAA exists in a very unique business model, in that collectively the people that make them money can completely bankrupt them in court. The NCAA has more money than Kansas, but they don't have more money than Kansas UNC Duke Arizona etc all combined. So if they have something like the fake classes that will warrant a huge punishment, they have to be 100% sure they would win in court. And unfortunately for them the rules and how they were stated meant that if UNC sued they would probably lose, and even if they won it would cost millions. They fight against this by doing what they did in selby and diallos case. Drag their feet. You can't sue us if it just takes us a little longer to find what we want. That's just business. So Kansas can't sue and they can enforce a longer suspension because of it. In UNCs case, there wasn't anything to drag their feet on. It happened already. They can't punish them in a roundabout way like that. Therefore they are toothless and nothing really happened.

This is why big punishments usually come to smaller schools and schools that comply like Mizzou did in football. Small schools or crappy programs aren't going to wage war in the court room. Not worth it. Mizzou isn't going to spend 10 million to fight a one year ban in football especially when they admitted guilt by complying.

So why am I confident in Kansas with these allegations? Because they can't drill Kansas NC State Arizona and a bunch of other programs at once. They don't have thousands of lawyers and unlimited resources. Kansas will send everything they have to fight this. The NCAA doesn't want that and will likely compromise. In fact from the NCAAs perspective, the punishment has already began. Self had admitted this hangs a cloud over recruiting. An ominous cloud over Kansas is actually worse for Kansas than if a statement came down with our punishment today. Lose some scholarships? Ok let's plan around that. But a possible postseason ban? Some other sanctions? Recruits are scared and will turn away. So the NCAA is likely going to settle for something like loss of scholarships and maybe self suspended for 8 games. And everyone will cry because it wasn't tough enough, but the NCAA can't do anything else and people will say the ncca is dumb. They aren't going to destroy 10 major D1 colleges at once. They can't afford it.

BTW, I asked about the Preston thing. They would not tell me any details because apparently very few people know what happened in detail and if it leaked it could be traced back to them. I respected that, but they did say that there was no chance he would ever be cleared and that it was like what I talked about earlier: the NCAA knew something happened and it was unlikely they could ever prove it, so they were going to wait and wait and wait. In the end they got what they wanted and Preston left without playing a game and Kansas couldn't do anything about it.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 08:32 PM 03-06-2020
Who’s the toughest player on the team? This guy took an elbow from Doke in practice, bleeding cheek, demanded not to be taken out of practice, players clapped for him.

Rep to first right guess.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:43 PM 03-06-2020
Who’s the toughest player on the team? This guy took an elbow from Doke in practice, bleeding cheek, demanded not to be taken out of practice, players clapped for him.

Braun.

Next guess would be Garrett.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:59 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
People in this group (Prison Bitch) suggested he leave "Bilal self, etc"
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:15 PM 03-06-2020
My favorite nickname ever may have been “Bail” Self.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 10:18 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
My favorite nickname ever may have been “Bail” Self.
That's a good one. My personal favorite is when Mizzou fans refer to us as "kU"
[Reply]
Pablo 10:56 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by CasselGotPeedOn:
That's a good one. My personal favorite is when Mizzou fans refer to us as "kU"
That's all those muTTS have, bless their hearts.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:01 PM 03-06-2020

Lightfoot.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:21 PM 03-06-2020

McCormack. He was the first one running to help De Sousa in the K State fight.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:45 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Lightfoot.
That's a good one. Forgot he was even on the team.
[Reply]
Page 115 of 151
« First < 1565105111112113114115 116117118119125 > Last »
Up