ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 62 of 72
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:32 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Yikes man. I'm not sure theres anyone on that list weve seen that can do that.
There probably isn't. Not quickly.

But if its someone like Harsin or a young guy that can intrigue fans and/or win a press conference or two, he'll get the rope he needs.

It's the same problem a curmudgeonly fuckstain like Jim McElwain has. He's NOT going to win immediately and he's NOT going to be a figure that's liked here. So he just presents nothing that will buy him time.

A charismatic and/or young guy will have that time.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:33 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Marvin Lewis is going to be a lot better off once he realizes that he should be working in a Front Office somewhere. I don't think going to the NCAA level will work out well for him.
I think his job at ASU this year was to watch games for free on the sideline. I'm not convinced he wont get another NFL job. Dont think he was a terrible coach.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:36 PM 12-05-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There probably isn't. Not quickly.

But if its someone like Harsin or a young guy that can intrigue fans and/or win a press conference or two, he'll get the rope he needs.

It's the same problem a curmudgeonly ****stain like Jim McElwain has. He's NOT going to win immediately and he's NOT going to be a figure that's liked here. So he just presents nothing that will buy him time.

A charismatic and/or young guy will have that time.
Ya and I think whoever it will be is looking at 3-4 years of building a system. That's just the reality of college football.

Meyer, Kelly, Stoops, and Tressel were the exceptions to the rule and they all took over better jobs than MU.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:38 PM 12-05-2019
Ya and I think whoever it will be is looking at 3-4 years of building a system. That's just the reality of college football.

Meyer, Kelly, Stoops, and Tressel were the exceptions to the rule and they all took over better jobs than MU.
What chaps my ass is that MU is far closer to being relevant than Arkansas and yet Arkansas seems to be swimming in deeper waters than we are.

Both will require at least 2-3 years to be truly on the right path, but the margin for error over those 2-3 years is higher for Mizzou. Arkansas is a complete disaster right now.

There is no reason at all for Mizzou to be viewed internally or externally as an inferior landing spot to Arkansas.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:43 PM 12-05-2019
What chaps my ass is that MU is far closer to being relevant than Arkansas and yet Arkansas seems to be swimming in deeper waters than we are.

Both will require at least 2-3 years to be truly on the right path, but the margin for error over those 2-3 years is higher for Mizzou. Arkansas is a complete disaster right now.

There is no reason at all for Mizzou to be viewed internally or externally as an inferior landing spot to Arkansas.
It's a better job in every way except for $$$$$$$

Sterk is trying to pinch pennies with the most important program in Columbia while Arkansas is fucking stupid, but has their pockets wide open for business. That's all that matters. Money money money.

I think his job at ASU this year was to watch games for free on the sideline. I'm not convinced he wont get another NFL job. Dont think he was a terrible coach.
He's not. Just stayed in Cincinnati too long.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:43 PM 12-05-2019

I'll wait and see who they hire before I totally agree with you. I thought Morris has the chance at being good. Aside from that I'm not up to date on Mizzou/Arky football aside from what I watch on TV. Are you referring to things like facilities and the fact MO has more in state talent?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:44 PM 12-05-2019

Sterk is trying to pinch pennies with the most important program in Columbia while Arkansas is ****ing stupid, but has their pockets wide open for business. That's all that matters. Money money money.

He's not. Just stayed in Cincinnati too long.
He took a shitty franchise that never spent money to the playoffs 7 times. Zac Taylor comes along and they are the Bengals of the 90s.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:51 PM 12-05-2019
I'll wait and see who they hire before I totally agree with you. I thought Morris has the chance at being good. Aside from that I'm not up to date on Mizzou/Arky football aside from what I watch on TV. Are you referring to things like facilities and the fact MO has more in state talent?
To some extent, yes. I think the facilities are about even as I believe Arkansas undertook an expansion of their own, but Mizzou probably has a slight edge there. I also think they have a better recruiting footprint not just in-state but with a chance to appeal to some folks in/around B1G country that want to go to an SEC school close to home. There are advantages there to tap.

They also have an easier path in the East division than Arkansas does in a brutal West, not to mention more a bit more talent on the present roster. It's just a better situation than Arkansas.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 PM 12-05-2019

Sterk is trying to pinch pennies with the most important program in Columbia while Arkansas is fucking stupid, but has their pockets wide open for business. That's all that matters. Money money money.
He can only offer what he has in the coffers and he can only fill the coffers with the help of the donors.

The problem is that he's not presenting anyone to the donors who they feel like chipping in for.

What he has to do is at least get one of these better coaches interested in the gig. He's gotta sell the program to a quality candidate to the point that they can at least start talking money.

THEN he goes to the donors and says "Hey, I need a 5 year commitment at $4 million/season to get X in here - who's with me?"

But since the guy appears incapable of selling pussy in a whorehouse, he can't get a nibble so he can't get a conversation with the donors started.

It's just a TOTAL failure on Sterk's part.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:57 PM 12-05-2019
To some extent, yes. I think the facilities are about even as I believe Arkansas undertook an expansion of their own, but Mizzou probably has a slight edge there. I also think they have a better recruiting footprint not just in-state but with a chance to appeal to some folks in/around B1G country that want to go to an SEC school close to home. There are advantages there to tap.

They also have an easier path in the East division than Arkansas does in a brutal West, not to mention more a bit more talent on the present roster. It's just a better situation than Arkansas.
I'm not familiar with either teams roster overall but I do know you guys have gotten some nice transfers in recent years, Araknsas looks to have had a nice recruiting class last year.

Aside from that who was on your list other than Harsin?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:07 PM 12-05-2019
He can only offer what he has in the coffers and he can only fill the coffers with the help of the donors.

The problem is that he's not presenting anyone to the donors who they feel like chipping in for.

What he has to do is at least get one of these better coaches interested in the gig. He's gotta sell the program to a quality candidate to the point that they can at least start talking money.

THEN he goes to the donors and says "Hey, I need a 5 year commitment at $4 million/season to get X in here - who's with me?"

But since the guy appears incapable of selling pussy in a whorehouse, he can't get a nibble so he can't get a conversation with the donors started.

It's just a TOTAL failure on Sterk's part.
The thing is, he isn't even trying here. There's no reason they should be trashbin surfing for the next coach, and he's doing it voluntarily. Not really concerned about what his max budget is when he's been browing nothing but Dollar Tree.

He took a shitty franchise that never spent money to the playoffs 7 times. Zac Taylor comes along and they are the Bengals of the 90s.
Taylor is a bad coach yes, but that roster is garbo.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:10 PM 12-05-2019
I'm not familiar with either teams roster overall but I do know you guys have gotten some nice transfers in recent years, Araknsas looks to have had a nice recruiting class last year.

Aside from that who was on your list other than Harsin?
I'm to the point that I'd be happy with Mike Norvell knowing full well that Harsin's out (not the other Norvell from Nevada), Billy Napier has suddenly become palatable, as has Healy. Fuck, give Eli Drinkwitz a shot over some of these options. Wanna get nuts? Give Graham Harrell a call. Or Jeff Scott to get your mitts on some of that Clemson secret sauce. Same story with Joe Brady. Why isn't Luke Fickell in play?

I mean I'm not even going to renew if it's most of these guys but I'll at least avoid actively rooting against Missouri.

Yeah, some of these guys are going to fail - most of them might. But what the hell is the point if it's Willie Fritz, Troy Calhoun or {barf} Jim McElwain.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:12 PM 12-05-2019
The thing is, he isn't even trying here. There's no reason they should be trashbin surfing for the next coach, and he's doing it voluntarily. Not really concerned about what his max budget is when he's been browing nothing but Dollar Tree.
Exactly.

Either he's not trying or he was IMMEDIATELY blown out of the water by all these guys we've mentioned. And if the latter is the case, he HAS know that before he fires Odom. He has to have a better understanding of how attractive this program is. That's his !@#$ing job.

You just cannot overstate how poorly he's handled this.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:26 PM 12-05-2019
I'm to the point that I'd be happy with Mike Norvell knowing full well that Harsin's out (not the other Norvell from Nevada), Billy Napier has suddenly become palatable, as has Healy. ****, give Eli Drinkwitz a shot over some of these options. Wanna get nuts? Give Graham Harrell a call. Or Jeff Scott to get your mitts on some of that Clemson secret sauce. Same story with Joe Brady. Why isn't Luke Fickell in play?

I mean I'm not even going to renew if it's most of these guys but I'll at least avoid actively rooting against Missouri.

Yeah, some of these guys are going to fail - most of them might. But what the hell is the point if it's Willie Fritz, Troy Calhoun or {barf} Jim McElwain.
McElwain has atleast has had winning seasons everywhere hes coached, was at bama, and coach in the East.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 PM 12-05-2019
McElwain has atleast has had winning seasons everywhere hes coached, was at bama, and coach in the East.
I've said my piece on McEwlain.

He'd be the most gutless, uninspired hire this school has made since....{sigh}.....Kim Anderson.

Jesus Christ.
[Reply]
Page 62 of 72
« First < 12525859606162 63646566 > Last »
Up