ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 72
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019 Missouri Tigers Football Thread****
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:48 AM 08-31-2019
The 2019 season brings uncertainty, as the protracted appeal over a ridiculous "scandal" with a single actor still has not been resolved. On the field, Mizzou faces what appears to be a much easier schedule than in years' past. The early season is loaded with home games before a protracted road stretch from mid-October through November.

Schedule:

Spoiler!

Recruiting:

Spoiler!

Hamas' Crystal ball sees a lot of variance. I could see this team winning as few as 7 and as many as 10 games. Georgia is the only certain loss. Florida is likely still overrated by name, but time will tell.

Official prediction: 9-3. Recruiting prediction: slightly disappointing

FIRE ODOM. NOW
[Reply]
Rams Fan 06:55 PM 11-30-2019
Someone tell me why Leach wouldn’t be a good hire.

He has SEC coaching experience, can recruit TX, and WSU is much more challenging to win at than in CoMo.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 06:57 PM 11-30-2019
jj,

That article is from RockMNation. I'd put no stock in that.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:32 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
jj,

I'm not putting any stock in it really. I just posted it to get input from guys on here to see if any of those names sounded good to guys who follow college football closer than I do. I honestly don't have a clue about most of those guys. But, I bet that there are some posters here who would have some perspective.
[Reply]
Sully 08:26 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

He has SEC coaching experience, can recruit TX, and WSU is much more challenging to win at than in CoMo.
He's an average coach that gives funny interviews. Read the UW DC's comments after the game yesterday.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
gblowfish 08:57 PM 11-30-2019
How about Mark Mangino?

Heh heh....
[Reply]
Mosbonian 09:01 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
jj,

Who wrote that article? Sounds a bit bitter...not saying the analysis of each of the coaches is wrong. But the opening analysis of the Mizzou coaching opportunity spins a bit irritated as if they are angry Odom got canned.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 09:08 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
It’s going to be Norvell.
Someone is going to go after Norvell and jack his price up higher than Mizzou will want to mess with, probably.

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think that’s way off.
I am just posting what I'm seeing mostly, so I don't want to give an impression that I'm super connected as I am definitely not.

Wouldn't be my favorite choice by any means, but would make sense in a few ways.

Would have the recruiting higher than it has ever been and would bring some excitement to the program. Would also be cheap and has ties to the region. But on the flipside, I think he's just a mediocre game day coach and his asst pool would need to be heavily scrutinized.

Would be mid tier at best.

Originally Posted by Rams Fan:

I don't know if Leach will last long in Columbia with how much he says.

Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Who wrote that article? Sounds a bit bitter...not saying the analysis of each of the coaches is wrong. But the opening analysis of the Mizzou coaching opportunity spins a bit irritated as if they are angry Odom got canned.
If it was rockmnation, they were sucking Barry's dick all year long.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:34 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Someone is going to go after Norvell and jack his price up higher than Mizzou will want to mess with, probably.

I am just posting what I'm seeing mostly, so I don't want to give an impression that I'm super connected as I am definitely not.

Wouldn't be my favorite choice by any means, but would make sense in a few ways.

Would have the recruiting higher than it has ever been and would bring some excitement to the program. Would also be cheap and has ties to the region. But on the flipside, I think he's just a mediocre game day coach and his asst pool would need to be heavily scrutinized.

Would be mid tier at best.

I don't know if Leach will last long in Columbia with how much he says.

If it was rockmnation, they were sucking Barry's dick all year long.

I don’t but Lane Kiffin, recruiting dynamo.

Bill Laurie wants Norvell at Mizzou. If it doesn’t happen, it won’t be $$ related.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:07 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don’t but Lane Kiffin, recruiting dynamo.

Bill Laurie wants Norvell at Mizzou. If it doesn’t happen, it won’t be $$ related.
Norvell would be a great get too.

Just feels nice to have some actual excitement about the program again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Norvell would be a great get too.

Just feels nice to have some actual excitement about the program again.
Yeah, we'll see where you are when its Skip fucking Holtz.

Sterk doesn't have a plan beyond praying right now and there's a real chance we end up with a WORSE HC than Odom.

The fact that they're hiring a search firm should scare the hell out of you. They had no handshake deals in place. They shot first and are asking questions later. With sanctions having over their heads.

This is how you end up with shit like Frank Haith. Hell, this is how you get Kim fucking Anderson.

If they didnt have a deal effectively already in place, firing Odom was fucking retarded.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:27 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Sterk doesn't have a plan beyond praying right now and there's a real chance we end up with a WORSE HC than Odom.

The fact that they're hiring a search firm should scare the hell out of you. They had no handshake deals in place. They shot first and are asking questions later. With sanctions having over their heads.

This is how you end up with shit like Frank Haith. Hell, this is how you get Kim fucking Anderson.

If they didnt have a deal effectively already in place, firing Odom was fucking retarded.
Eh, while it's Mizzou and everything I'll wait and see before the doom and gloom.

I've had it for most of the last 4 years, so I'll take a break from it for a few weeks.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:39 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sully:
He's an average coach that gives funny interviews. Read the UW DC's comments after the game yesterday.

He’s overachieved both at WSU and Tech.

Give him the resources and I don’t doubt that he’d succeed.
[Reply]
Sully 08:19 AM 12-01-2019
6-6 in a weak Pac 12

Overachieving

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:07 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The offense continued to get worse and worse under Odom. After four years of coaching, he returned the team to what it was when he inherited it--2015, minus Drew Lock, Emanuel Hall, and Terry Beckner. And the 2015 schedule was quite a bit tougher than 2019. There's a good argument that sticking with Odom would have cratered the team even further. Ticket revenue is down something like $7 million.

It's nice that he can get guys to circle the wagons after they've already shot themselves in the foot and lost five straight, but I'd rather have someone that can prevent that in the first place, and bring in guys with P5-level talent.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:50 PM 12-01-2019
Some noise around Kiffin now....

I don't know Xs and Os wise but I'd love to see how he'd recruit at Mizzou and it would at least bring some excitement back to the program.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 72
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up