ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Media Center>-- The NOT 'New' movie thread...
Simply Red 05:22 PM 06-11-2018
Post any movie suggestions which are NOT new releases.

Tonight I'm watching End of Watch.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:49 AM 02-18-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
Moonstruck 1987 with Cher is actually a great movie. Nicolas Cage rocked this part.

I HATED that movie. Saw it in the theater and had to be practically be physically restrained from getting up and leaving. All I remember is Cher ditching her nice and decent boyfriend for the raving lunatic Cage, while some old fart was walking his dogs yelling at the moon.

I tried to watch it again a couple of years later. I thought perhaps I had been in a bad mood when I saw it, or otherwise judged it too harshly. Nope. It just sucked. Basically it's the non-war version of Thin Red Line. I'll never understand what the critics saw in it. Or anybody else.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:49 AM 02-18-2022
You either love it or hate it.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:09 AM 02-18-2022
You either love it or hate it.
I'd have to agree with that.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:54 PM 02-24-2022
Originally Posted by NewChief:
They could have done that, but it wouldn't have been true to the source material of the book. And doing that in the book would ruin the entire feel of the book which is made to feel more like a myth/allegory because of the lack of names, background, or really anything beyond "the road" for the father and son.

So yes: it might have made it emotionally more impactful, but it would have "ruined it" for fans of the book and made it an entirely different experience.
It is a crappy book.

Dude writes angst but people pretend it is pretentious.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 11:57 PM 02-24-2022
Timeless Love is worth a watch.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 06:14 AM 02-25-2022
I saw the movie Loser for the first time in years the other day. It’s crazy how you didn’t know who the other actors were at the time but when you watch it in hindsight it gave a lot of them their start. Jimmi Simpson and Tom Sadoski.

[Reply]
Frazod 11:41 AM 02-25-2022
I'm sure I've gushed about this in other threads, but it deserves another mention - Frailty. From 2001, directed by and starring Bill Paxton, also starring Matthew McConaughey and Powers Boothe. Story told from the point of view of a kid whose dad tells him that he has been commanded by an angel to destroy demons in human form, and then begins his mission. Amazing plot, twists and performances all the way around. It's one of the best movies you've probably never heard of.
[Reply]
eDave 02:51 PM 02-25-2022
Every time I watch Draft Day, it gets cheesier and cheesier. gawd.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:53 PM 02-25-2022
Originally Posted by eDave:
Every time I watch Draft Day, it gets cheesier and cheesier. gawd.
yep...and for some damned reason, it has slowly morphed into one of those movies my wife and I always end up watching it until the end whenever we stumbled upon it on TV. Much like Goodfellas, Shawshank, Apollo 13 etc..
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 08:10 PM 02-25-2022
His assistant had two of the worst quotes in the entire movie. “That’s pure Roethlisberger” and “You can’t go handing the ball off to some girl.” Talk about cringe.
[Reply]
eDave 02:05 PM 02-27-2022
I had forgotten how much of a sucker I am for Notting Hill. One I'll always stop the remote on.
[Reply]
Simply Red 02:14 PM 02-27-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I'm sure I've gushed about this in other threads, but it deserves another mention - Frailty. From 2001, directed by and starring Bill Paxton, also starring Matthew McConaughey and Powers Boothe. Story told from the point of view of a kid whose dad tells him that he has been commanded by an angel to destroy demons in human form, and then begins his mission. Amazing plot, twists and performances all the way around. It's one of the best movies you've probably never heard of.
yip! that's a good one, about due to re-watch it.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 09:52 PM 03-01-2022
I always felt that Hall Pass 2011 never got the credit it deserved. Pretty damn good Farrelly brothers flick. The bonus scene at the end with Stephen Merchant will always be hilarious.

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:39 AM 03-08-2022
Watched Boogie Nights for the millionth time. I think it’s the perfect movie, it never gets old IMO. There are so many classic scenes.

[Reply]
Simply Red 11:36 PM 03-08-2022
Watched Boogie Nights for the millionth time. I think it’s the perfect movie, it never gets old IMO. There are so many classic scenes.

damnnnn
[Reply]
Page 9 of 10
« First < 56789 10 >
Up