ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>David Carr hints that he hopes Mahomes has a short injury riddled career
Tribal Warfare 05:30 AM 05-26-2020

[Reply]
carcosa 10:23 AM 05-26-2020
I hope David Carr fucking DIES!!!!!!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:26 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
Well true but consider he was out for basicslly 3 games with a knee injury
If you assume 16 games, then he was only on pace for 53 attempts.

I think the number would’ve been even lower though. Considering how bad we trashed Denver, then I doubt Mahomes would’ve ran much in that one.

Some of those other QBs played fewer than 16 games. Tannehill and Jones for example.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:28 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I hope David Carr fucking DIES!!!!!!!
The Texans did everything they could to help accomplish this
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:31 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I cant tell the difference between David and Derek... They are identically shitty...

They're the same picture.

[Reply]
KCWolfpack 10:53 AM 05-26-2020
After watching it, I got the impression that the shorter career thing was more directed at Jackson and that he was just kind of lumping Mahomes in there. Sloppy, of course.

Generally speaking, once a QB hits 35+, it will affect him in 2 ways: 1: they'll lose a tenth or two off their 40 time (the classic "lost a step" phenomenon) and 2: They'll lose 5-10 yards off their deep ball. (Note: the above is on average; different QBs will have Father Time hit them at different times and with different effects.)

From there, take both QBs as they are now, make the above changes and see what you have:

For Jackson: He makes his living off his legs. When he loses a step and he's not the running threat he is now, will his passing in the pocket be good enough to still get it done? Based on what I'm seeing now, I'd say no. He gets lots of comparisons to Vick and I'd say career arc will be similar as well (hopefully, minus the dogfighting thing). Once Vick was no longer the fastest guy on the field, he was no longer an effective NFL QB.

For Mahomes: Make the above changes and you do lose a few things. The run against the Titans is probably not in his playbook at that age. Wasp as he executed it in the Super Bowl may not be either (he'll probably be able to get it that far if he can set his feet; he might not be able to do it backpedaling). That said, we'll still have a QB that can move around some when he needs to and will still be able to make throws even a good ways down the field. All the off-angle stuff he can do will still be in his game. So, we'll still likely have a good QB even at that age.

There are 2 other factors (this applies to both): One is Wear and Tear. I don't think Mahomes gets hit any more than your average pocket passer. In fact, with his elusiveness, its probably a little less. Jackson's elusiveness saves him from direct hits himself, but since he does run more, he'll still take a pounding. It'll be at his worst during that point where he's lost that half-step, but hasn't realized it yet (or at least, he still plays as if he hasn't lost it.) and made adjustments.

The other is how far their mental game improves on how to play QB. I think Mahomes will continue to grow in that respect, based on what I've seen of him. I'm not sure where Jackson is on this and where he'll go.

Sorry for the length
[Reply]
Redbled 11:56 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The only time Mahomes exposed himself to hits running outside the pocket were the AFC championship (the long TD run) and the Super Bowl.

His injuries this year were on “traditional” QB plays, too. Not like they were running around outside the pocket.

Yup his running was super careful as it should be till games where it matters.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:13 PM 05-26-2020
It’s going to be quite satisfying when Jackson falls off a cliff this season so we can stop hearing him in the same conversation as Mahomes.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:31 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by KCWolfpack:
After watching it, I got the impression that the shorter career thing was more directed at Jackson and that he was just kind of lumping Mahomes in there. Sloppy, of course.

Generally speaking, once a QB hits 35+, it will affect him in 2 ways: 1: they'll lose a tenth or two off their 40 time (the classic "lost a step" phenomenon) and 2: They'll lose 5-10 yards off their deep ball. (Note: the above is on average; different QBs will have Father Time hit them at different times and with different effects.)

From there, take both QBs as they are now, make the above changes and see what you have:

For Jackson: He makes his living off his legs. When he loses a step and he's not the running threat he is now, will his passing in the pocket be good enough to still get it done? Based on what I'm seeing now, I'd say no. He gets lots of comparisons to Vick and I'd say career arc will be similar as well (hopefully, minus the dogfighting thing). Once Vick was no longer the fastest guy on the field, he was no longer an effective NFL QB.

For Mahomes: Make the above changes and you do lose a few things. The run against the Titans is probably not in his playbook at that age. Wasp as he executed it in the Super Bowl may not be either (he'll probably be able to get it that far if he can set his feet; he might not be able to do it backpedaling). That said, we'll still have a QB that can move around some when he needs to and will still be able to make throws even a good ways down the field. All the off-angle stuff he can do will still be in his game. So, we'll still likely have a good QB even at that age.

There are 2 other factors (this applies to both): One is Wear and Tear. I don't think Mahomes gets hit any more than your average pocket passer. In fact, with his elusiveness, its probably a little less. Jackson's elusiveness saves him from direct hits himself, but since he does run more, he'll still take a pounding. It'll be at his worst during that point where he's lost that half-step, but hasn't realized it yet (or at least, he still plays as if he hasn't lost it.) and made adjustments.

The other is how far their mental game improves on how to play QB. I think Mahomes will continue to grow in that respect, based on what I've seen of him. I'm not sure where Jackson is on this and where he'll go.

Sorry for the length
Very solid second post. Well done, n00b. :-)

Post more.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:46 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by KCWolfpack:

Sorry for the length
Never apologize.

Welcome.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:59 PM 05-26-2020
DeBerg thread.
[Reply]
seclark 02:51 PM 05-26-2020
David Carr is a fuckin jerkoff who hangs cowboy hats on his wall
Fuck him
sec
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:59 PM 05-26-2020
Carr is the Nostradamus of the NFL. His amazing predictions the last few years of the Faders sweeping the Chiefs on the way to the multiple division titles was NAILS! Let's not forget him picking the Chiefs to lose every game the second half of the season too- incredible foresight! He needs his own 1-800 number doing psychic readings- he is That good!!
[Reply]
PHOG 03:48 PM 05-26-2020
David WHO? :-)
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 04:34 PM 05-26-2020
Is Tribal a woman? That thread title is the reading into things to the level only a woman can do when she is paranoid.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:44 PM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Is Tribal a woman? That thread title is the reading into things to the level only a woman can do when she is paranoid.

Carr is a brother of a motherfucking Raider, David has also picked the Raiders to beat KC on multiple occasions.r
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up