ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>David Carr hints that he hopes Mahomes has a short injury riddled career
Tribal Warfare 05:30 AM 05-26-2020

[Reply]
Shields68 09:13 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Why are you concerned?
More of a risk to shoulder arm injuries then running. Think that is what would shorten his career more the anything.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:18 AM 05-26-2020
David and Derek are now tied with the most losses for a QB in 6 years of playing. David got his ass handed to him behind a horrible Oline. David has taught Derek to play to not get hurt which is why Derek is a mediocre QB and will never rise to being great. He plays like a pussy with first reads and checkdowns.
[Reply]
JD10367 09:23 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Yeah, it’s really dumb to call Mahomes a running QB.

He only had 43 rushing attempts in 2019. Here are the QBs with as many or more:

Jackson 176
Allen 109
Murray 93
Watson 82
Wilson 75
Minshew 67
Wentz 62
Winston 59
Brissett 56
Fitzpatrick 54
Prescott 52
Trubisky 48
Garoppolo 46
Rodgers 46
Jones 45
Tannehill 43
Look at all those fast white guys!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:23 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
More of a risk to shoulder arm injuries then running. Think that is what would shorten his career more the anything.

He's played baseball all his life and had personal trainers since he was 10 to gain flexibility for throwing motions. He'll be perfectly fine, Montana, Young, and Elway threw the same way when they had to improvise with defenders in their face.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:35 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
In the Super Bowl he took risks with running and did take big hits. But, its the Super Bowl. Everyone puts everything on the line in that game. There is no guarantee, no matter how talented you are, that you ever make it back to the Super Bowl.

That said, all the other games, he just runs when there is plenty of room and gets down or out of bounds when the defense gets near him. His running is not an issue for his long term health.
Yeah, that's what I see. He ran really smart during the regular season, and the only time he took hits was in the Super Bowl (and maybe that epic run against Tennessee, though even that wasn't a hard hit).

Like everything else on the football field, Patrick Mahomes II is doing it exactly right.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 09:38 AM 05-26-2020
This is David Carr we're talking about here, not exactly Voltaire
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:42 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
He's a baseball guy. We've got no reason to believe he's putting himself at risk doing something that comes so naturally to him.

Plus, if Philip Rivers can play 16+ years with his horrendous throwing motion, I think Pat should be fine. Seriously, looks like Rivers is going to throw his arm out of the socket every pass.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:44 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
He's played baseball all his life and had personal trainers since he was 10 to gain flexibility for throwing motions. He'll be perfectly fine, Montana, Young, and Elway threw the same way when they had to improvise with defenders in their face.
Agreed.

I think some people conflate the stress that pitchers put on their arms with the stress that a QB puts on their arm.

A QB is unlikely to throw more than 40 in-game passes in a week. A pitcher might pitch twice in a week and throw 80+ pitches in each outing. We’re also taking about 16 games for a QB’s regular season vs 30-35 starts for a pitcher.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:51 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, that's what I see. He ran really smart during the regular season, and the only time he took hits was in the Super Bowl (and maybe that epic run against Tennessee, though even that wasn't a hard hit).

Like everything else on the football field, Patrick Mahomes II is doing it exactly right.
And the injuries... what a dumb talking point.

He tweaked his ankle against the Jags while in the pocket, getting hit delivering the ball and having someone roll against it.

It got really fucked when Cam Erving got blown back into his lap and stepped on it from the side... again, in the pocket.

^ Not a result of him scrambling/evading rushers.

And the dislocated knee? That was on a goddamn QB sneak, which is the ultimate pocket QB play.

Referencing Mahomes' "Injury background" as a reason he might not hold up is just really fucking stupid. Even for David "The Raiders are going to win the AFC West" Carr.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:55 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by jallmon:
That doesn't stop the ****ing NFL Network weenies from introducing him as "Our Super Bowl Winning QB!" The ****stick.
(Didn't watch the OP video, b/c I can't stand the dickweed. Probably shouldn't be commenting here, but I felt a deep and ancient urge to ridicule him and his dumbass network.)

“We now go to Super Bowl winning offensive lineman Ryan Hunter for an update on grocery bagging at the local HyVee!”
[Reply]
KCUnited 09:56 AM 05-26-2020
This the type of thread Jordan creates in his mind to propel another 5 championships. It's happening!
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:02 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hound333:
I don't understand why people think Mahomes is this crazy runner. Manning had between 25 and 50 runs a year averaging around 35. Mahomes has had 60 and 43. So he averages like 1 extra run a game.
You might want to recheck you numbers

Mannjng avgs 1.6 attempts per game and you have to take into consideration kneel downs.

Mahomes attempts 3.5 per game. 2 attempts per game more.

Manning’s highest was 37. Where are you getting 50? 25.3 attempts per season. Again take into consideration kneel downs.

Mahomes after 2 years is averaging over 50.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 10:07 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Yeah, it’s really dumb to call Mahomes a running QB.

He only had 43 rushing attempts in 2019. Here are the QBs with as many or more:

Jackson 176
Allen 109
Murray 93
Watson 82
Wilson 75
Minshew 67
Wentz 62
Winston 59
Brissett 56
Fitzpatrick 54
Prescott 52
Trubisky 48
Garoppolo 46
Rodgers 46
Jones 45
Tannehill 43
Well true but consider he was out for basicslly 3 games with a knee injury
[Reply]
Kman34 10:10 AM 05-26-2020
I cant tell the difference between David and Derek... They are identically shitty...
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:11 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Kman34:
I cant tell the difference between David and Derek... They are identically shitty...
/thread
:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up