ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>David Carr hints that he hopes Mahomes has a short injury riddled career
Tribal Warfare 05:30 AM 05-26-2020

[Reply]
RealSNR 07:11 AM 05-26-2020
Thank you for preserving this, Clay

[Reply]
lewdog 07:17 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I'm getting tired of this "Mahomes is a running QB" bullshit.

He's a PASS FIRST QB. Favre had a lot of talent in terms of his mobility, but nobody ever called him a runner.

Carr and that hot chick are idiots.
This.

Being elusive in the pocket or outside it while looking to pass isn’t the same thing as a “running” QB.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:19 AM 05-26-2020
Mahomes is bulkier than Alex. He isn't as speedy when he scrambles. Alex ran like a goddamn gazelle, and he ran a lot more frequently than Mahomes does.

Media: KC FINALLY HAS A MOBILE QB IN MAHOMES!!!!!!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:27 AM 05-26-2020
Desperation
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:29 AM 05-26-2020
One brother wears guyliner and the other greases his hair, so yeah, I hope guyliner plays another 7-8 years for the Faidrers and greasy effs right the eff off.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:44 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Hound333:
I don't understand why people think Mahomes is this crazy runner. Manning had between 25 and 50 runs a year averaging around 35. Mahomes has had 60 and 43. So he averages like 1 extra run a game.
In the Super Bowl he took risks with running and did take big hits. But, its the Super Bowl. Everyone puts everything on the line in that game. There is no guarantee, no matter how talented you are, that you ever make it back to the Super Bowl.

That said, all the other games, he just runs when there is plenty of room and gets down or out of bounds when the defense gets near him. His running is not an issue for his long term health.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:47 AM 05-26-2020
Mahomes is bulkier than Alex.
He is a big dude.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:02 AM 05-26-2020
I'm getting tired of this "Mahomes is a running QB" bullshit.

He's a PASS FIRST QB. Favre had a lot of talent in terms of his mobility, but nobody ever called him a runner.

Carr and that hot chick are idiots.
Yeah, it’s really dumb to call Mahomes a running QB.

He only had 43 rushing attempts in 2019. Here are the QBs with as many or more:

Jackson 176
Allen 109
Murray 93
Watson 82
Wilson 75
Minshew 67
Wentz 62
Winston 59
Brissett 56
Fitzpatrick 54
Prescott 52
Trubisky 48
Garoppolo 46
Rodgers 46
Jones 45
Tannehill 43
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:02 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
In the Super Bowl he took risks with running and did take big hits. But, its the Super Bowl. Everyone puts everything on the line in that game. There is no guarantee, no matter how talented you are, that you ever make it back to the Super Bowl.

That said, all the other games, he just runs when there is plenty of room and gets down or out of bounds when the defense gets near him. His running is not an issue for his long term health.
True- the Tenn playoff game. The number of runs for 7-12 yards was amazing.
Did not make him a running QB. Carr is Jealous. BB material
[Reply]
jallmon 08:16 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
4:10 mark - David Carr knows all about short careers in the NFL. :-) DC ONLY started 79 games in the NFL. DC did get a ring backing up Eli Manning in 2001 but never played a snap.
That doesn't stop the ****ing NFL Network weenies from introducing him as "Our Super Bowl Winning QB!" The ****stick.
(Didn't watch the OP video, b/c I can't stand the dickweed. Probably shouldn't be commenting here, but I felt a deep and ancient urge to ridicule him and his dumbass network.)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:23 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
True- the Tenn playoff game. The number of runs for 7-12 yards was amazing.
Did not make him a running QB. Carr is Jealous. BB material
It's not jealousy it's nepotism and bias that there's less obstacles for Derek so he can succeed.
[Reply]
Spott 08:43 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
This.

Being elusive in the pocket or outside it while looking to pass isn’t the same thing as a “running” QB.
He’s definitely more a Drew Brees type that has the agility to run if he needs to, but will always be a pass first QB. I think he ran a little more in the playoffs because it was do or die, and probably took some hits in the Super Bowl that he wouldn’t take in the regular season. But there’s no way he’s a RGIII, Lamar Jackson, Michael Vick type of QB.
[Reply]
Shields68 08:46 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The only time Mahomes exposed himself to hits running outside the pocket were the AFC championship (the long TD run) and the Super Bowl.

His injuries this year were on “traditional” QB plays, too. Not like they were running around outside the pocket.
I am more concerned with the weird arm angles that he throws with then the running.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:08 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
I am more concerned with the weird arm angles that he throws with then the running.
Why are you concerned?
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:12 AM 05-26-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:

Seriously, those "weird arm angles" are what makes him so difficult to defend.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up