ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>Purple or Casper?
Lzen 07:28 AM 05-27-2020
I know there were threads in the past about mattresses. I have read through all of the one from last year. Now I believe that my wife and I are down to either a Purple or Casper. What say you, CPers?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:09 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
Figured I'd always prefer a firm mattress. Tested a few in stores and came away with a strong preference for plush ones instead. The Tempur-Pedic Cloud Luxe is the standard, but found one from Nest Bedding a few years ago that compares to it for a lot less $. Also bought some adjustable bases on Amazon, for back sleeping nothing beats finding that zero gravity tilt that takes the strain off your spine. Good pillows are important too.
Yeah, I'm thinking I may need one of those bases, they're just damn expensive.

What I realized using them is that the key isn't the top of the bed being able to move, but the bottom. That little bit of tilt up at your feet is what really gives you the zero gravity feel. It's pretty damn nice but the really versatile and reliable ones are in the $1,200 plus range and that's just pretty steep.

Especially when my damn $3k LG fridge shit the bed for the 2nd time in 4 years. Fixable or not, that fucker is going to the curb. To answer a question that hasn't been asked DO NOT buy an LG or Kenmore (same thing) fridge w/ a linear compressor design. Not under any circumstances. That design has gotten them sued twice and yet they still use it. You can't find people that will work on them and when you finally DO find one, they'll say something like "if it's not under warranty, just trash it. If it is under warranty....maybe trash it anyway" and then the process of the warranty/repair will take you 8 weeks of working w/ the worst customer service people you'll ever find.

Just don't get an LG or Kenmore fridge unless you can confirm that it doesn't utilize a linear compressor setup (on the internet - the salesman largely don't know shit).
[Reply]
Lzen 09:30 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah, I'm thinking I may need one of those bases, they're just damn expensive.

What I realized using them is that the key isn't the top of the bed being able to move, but the bottom. That little bit of tilt up at your feet is what really gives you the zero gravity feel. It's pretty damn nice but the really versatile and reliable ones are in the $1,200 plus range and that's just pretty steep.

Especially when my damn $3k LG fridge shit the bed for the 2nd time in 4 years. Fixable or not, that ****er is going to the curb. To answer a question that hasn't been asked DO NOT buy an LG or Kenmore (same thing) fridge w/ a linear compressor design. Not under any circumstances. That design has gotten them sued twice and yet they still use it. You can't find people that will work on them and when you finally DO find one, they'll say something like "if it's not under warranty, just trash it. If it is under warranty....maybe trash it anyway" and then the process of the warranty/repair will take you 8 weeks of working w/ the worst customer service people you'll ever find.

Just don't get an LG or Kenmore fridge unless you can confirm that it doesn't utilize a linear compressor setup (on the internet - the salesman largely don't know shit).
Wait, are you saying that LG owns Kenmore now?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:41 AM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Wait, are you saying that LG owns Kenmore now?
Kenmore purchased their fridge's from LG starting about 10 years ago. At least their elite models are. They just re-brand them.

I don't think one owns the other, I just think Kenmore decided to re-badge LG's technology rather than develop/build their own.

Indiana Jones He Chose Poorly GIF from Indianajones GIFs

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:45 AM 05-28-2020
Well hell, evidently Kenmore doesn't make ANYTHING.

https://www.goedekers.com/blog/who-m...re-appliances/

Whirlpool makes their more basic fridge models, LG the elite line. Frigidaire/electrolux as well. Whirlpool also makes almost all the rest of their stuff (washers, dryers, dishwasher, etc...)

Jesus, its no wonder Sears went under. They really mailed it in for a long time, didn't they?

Ugh...what a terrible, terrible purchase.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:52 AM 05-28-2020
So I have a memory foam mattress and love it except in the summer it gets to feeling hot, could just be me as I don’t remember it being that way first couple of years?we have had it about ten years the wife is complaining of her hips hurting might be time for a new one.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:45 PM 05-28-2020
Kenmore purchased their fridge's from LG starting about 10 years ago. At least their elite models are. They just re-brand them.

I don't think one owns the other, I just think Kenmore decided to re-badge LG's technology rather than develop/build their own.

So I have a buddy that works for a GE dealer in the next town these days. When I moved to Scott I bought a fridge from a local outfit before he started at the GE dealer. Ended up with an LG model. My buddy stacks the ever loving shit on me. Deep. That thing won't make it through the year, those things are garbage, hope you're OK with losing all of your stuff because it's going to shit on you.

So it's going on year 11 trouble free.

I've often considered just getting something else and sticking it in the garage as a beer fridge or something, but it seems like there is always a better place for the money.

Sidenote: I think that goddamned thing took all my luck. The longer it goes, the worst shit luck I get it seems like. Maybe I need to Frazod that bitch. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:28 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
So I have a buddy that works for a GE dealer in the next town these days. When I moved to Scott I bought a fridge from a local outfit before he started at the GE dealer. Ended up with an LG model. My buddy stacks the ever loving shit on me. Deep. That thing won't make it through the year, those things are garbage, hope you're OK with losing all of your stuff because it's going to shit on you.

So it's going on year 11 trouble free.

I've often considered just getting something else and sticking it in the garage as a beer fridge or something, but it seems like there is always a better place for the money.

Sidenote: I think that goddamned thing took all my luck. The longer it goes, the worst shit luck I get it seems like. Maybe I need to Frazod that bitch. :-)
I don't know when they started the linear compressor setup.

I was reading that hoping I wasn't going to hear about how awful GE's are because I just had the new GE delivered this afternoon...
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:43 PM 05-28-2020
I don't know when they started the linear compressor setup.

I was reading that hoping I wasn't going to hear about how awful GE's are because I just had the new GE delivered this afternoon...
LOL.

Not from me.

Only thing my buddy says is don’t buy GE washer/dryers. He sold me speed queen when mine I bought in college shit the bed.
[Reply]
threebag 11:22 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by cookster50:
I say forget either and get a sleep number.
I hated my sleep number.
[Reply]
tatorhog 07:15 AM 05-29-2020
we got a Sealy Premium with a semi-cooling feature to it. Its the black and dark gray one. Best sleep I've had in a long time. Took a month or so for the foam to limber up, but once it broke in, its nice. Got an adjustable base with it, which I wasn't sure if I would like, but I wouldn't go back to not having one now.
[Reply]
Oregon chief 08:25 AM 05-29-2020
My wife and I finally replaced our 10 year old Stearns and Foster. We were thinking purple or sleep number but when we went to try the purple we didn’t like it very much. It had an almost waterbed like feel every time we moved on it. Wife is 120 and I am 180, both side sleepers. Instead we liked the Tempur-Pedic. We went big and got the luxe adapt and the adjustable base. It was spendy but I have a bad back and it was hard to consider something else after trying it out. We did a split king because we both will work at night in bed at times. It gets delivered and setup on Tuesday. I’ve never had memory foam but all the reviews on Tempur-Pedic have been really good after an adjustment period. We’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Lzen 08:47 AM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
I hated my sleep number.
Oh, finally a negative on sleep number. Why did you hate it?
[Reply]
Lzen 08:49 AM 05-29-2020
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
we got a Sealy Premium with a semi-cooling feature to it. Its the black and dark gray one. Best sleep I've had in a long time. Took a month or so for the foam to limber up, but once it broke in, its nice. Got an adjustable base with it, which I wasn't sure if I would like, but I wouldn't go back to not having one now.
When we first bought our memory foam mattress, we bought the more expensive Sealy. This was around 8 years ago. We had it for about a month maybe (hard to remember now) but my wife wasn't as pleased with it as I was. I loved it. We returned it and got the Serta. It was good but not as good as the Sealy, IMO.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up